The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stop Making Clantech Buyable.

Edeamous

It's true some people don't have the time to farm up stuff or wait.

However. As of U12 and now this item, EVERY weapon has been both Clantech  AND plat purchaseable.

This is horribly inconsistent as well as:

Not okay.

A clantech weapon shows either you're part of a clan/and have contirubted to that clan.

Kind of a cool 'unattainable' item unless you were in a clan. DE now you're making EVERYTHING in the game buyable? Resources weren't enough to make people spend real life dollars on?

Come on.

On another front this can discourage some people from contributing to their clantech- if they can avoid the wait and adding their 'hard earned' resources but have plat to spare?

Either you make ALL Clantech weapons buy-able or NONE of them, DE.

How did you not see backlash coming from this marketing decision?

No one's loss unless you have no money, no patience, no tolerance in waiting, no understanding of how business models work, no patience, no money.

Did I mention no money and no patience?

Though if they allowed platinum rushing of research time, I would be fine with that too. (Still will have people complaining about that but whatever)

I honestly dont see the backlash to it

its a way to basically "rush" the item for yourself

I dont think alot of people buy the resources beyond maybe cells, forma, and potatoes.

They might go back and make everything available for plat purchase. who knows but its not a bad idea.

Heck I spent money on Zephyr and I have 0 regrets.

Clans arent really.. "special" . They are but they arent because basically anyone can make one. You can have a one man clan if you wanted. So its not a special club really

also people who dont want to be part of a clan might want those items too. Why not give them a chance?

I don't think it's a bad thing. Yeah, from a first glance, it is.

I bought Zephyr with plat, and donated every bit of oxium on her research in my clan. I also rushed our tenno lab for a four-digit amount of platinum.

I waited for all the weapons to build (also donating resources where I could, cuz we have vaults full of em), and replicated blueprints.

It's not DE that make you spend your money on clan-tech weapons, it's your impatience and close-mindedness. DE need to make money, but they don't force you to buy anything. I buy platinum because I want to support the game, and DE rewards me with some cool stuff (founder's primes, cool sayandana).

There's nothing wrong, especially when you can get platinum by playing the game, acquiring mods and selling them for plat.

also people who dont want to be part of a clan might want those items too. Why not give them a chance?

Because it takes away the only virtual purpose of clans at the moment. As of now, there's no other real reason why anyone should be in a clan. 

Also frankly, I think clan-tech weapons should be clan-exclusive for the very reason why Prime weapons and frames can only be obtained through the void.

we can rush dojo rooms and everything else with plat but we cant rush weapons? the only reason they are trying to put everything in the dojo now is to make people spend money on plat. before new guns would take 12 or 24 hours so most people would just wait and build now you have to wait 3 days plus 12 or 24 more hours to build 

Because it takes away the only virtual purpose of clans at the moment. As of now, there's no other real reason why anyone should be in a clan. 

Also frankly, I think clan-tech weapons should be clan-exclusive for the very reason why Prime weapons and frames can only be obtained through the void.

Another reason would be to, y'know, get them for free.

And don't forget about Prime Access.

prime access and there is more then just weapons to a clan

prime access and there is more then just weapons to a clan

Another reason would be to, y'know, get them for free.

And don't forget about Prime Access.

Prime access only applies to Ember Prime, Sicarus Prime and Glaive Prime as well as an exclusive shiny syandana and Titan Prime. No other Prime weapon or weapons are in the bundle.

If someone had to explain the purpose of a clan to you in a co-op game other than the exclusive weapons and whatnot, it's really not DE's fault.

The problem isn't about money. It's that the effort, time, and patience that goes into researching and building a clantech weapon is utterly invalidated by the fact that some scrub with 8 dollars and no brains can blow it all on a single weapon because they can.

I have said this since day one and I will say it as much as I have to to get this point across:

I want to feel like I EARNED my weapons. I don't want to boot up the game and feel like it's work because there's no fun to be had. Monster Hunter, for example, does virtually the same this this game does in terms of resource gathering, killing the same enemies over and over to get loot drops, etc. But you know what that series has over this? The core gameplay is FUN and CHALLENGING and goes beyond Wave 50 Grineer garbage.

I have never spent a penny in warframe, and I spend any plat I get on slots.

I honestly can care less if they sell clan tech on the market for plat. Let the players with cash buy them. That way by the time I get it the weapon/frame hopefully would be bug free and adjusted well into the game.

So let the eager players be the "guinea pig" so I can know if the weapon is worth crafting when the research is done hehe...

Edited by Rafarix

allowing others to buy them does not take away from your hard earned method. Pick a route a goal can be accomplished in many ways.

No, you misunderstand me. It invalidates my effort because if I spend money, I'm a sucker (and if you did, you are. Be honest with yourself...) , but if I take the time and effort and energy into farming and building the weapon "free", then I'm a tool.

No, you misunderstand me. It invalidates my effort because if I spend money, I'm a sucker (and if you did, you are. Be honest with yourself...) , but if I take the time and effort and energy into farming and building the weapon "free", then I'm a tool.

I think you have really distorted understanding about acquiring things in games. I wonder why you even play warframe if you are so 'not okay' with it.

If you work for a living and play this game spending money on a weapon or anything in game doesn't take away anything at all, you choose it no one else. As for being a tool that is simply ridiculous you picked the route that involved playing in game more which is fine and can be admired just as someone who spends plat should be thanked for helping the devs. I look at things very negative in life but this is all in your head fix it. 

I think you have really distorted understanding about acquiring things in games. I wonder why you even play warframe if you are so 'not okay' with it.

You're free to have that opinion, but I'm not talking about why I choose to play or not to play this game; that's not really the subject at hand here. Do you really feel that DE's business model of paywalls and timewalls is something you're okay with? Do you really feel like your time is rewarded in any stroke for playing this game? WF is becoming more action MMORPG by the day (seriously, check out the latest livestream if you haven't yet), and in those games I love having the sense of accomplishment of getting a certain drop or an item because the core game tends to be solid and fun with ways to break up the monotony. Here? We get events that are more of the same game because there IS nothing else. Some schmuck can buy a weapon and use it instantly with no effort that takes people time and effort to get from clantech. Doesn't that feel disingenuous?

If you work for a living and play this game spending money on a weapon or anything in game doesn't take away anything at all, you choose it no one else. As for being a tool that is simply ridiculous you picked the route that involved playing in game more which is fine and can be admired just as someone who spends plat should be thanked for helping the devs. I look at things very negative in life but this is all in your head fix it. 

That last part of your statement is very charged and hostile, so I'm not going to address that.

I see no one agrees in any light here...That's frustrating. Well, I do work for a living and I know that my dollar is more valuable than impulse-spending on a weapon not even a day old in a game that doesn't even know what it wants to be yet. I've spent money in bits here and there but I'm not trying to be some white knight, because I'm not.

I just want my choices to be validated and right now, they're not. My choice to not spend money is completely outclassed by those that do. I gain no pleasure or reward from researching and building my clan up because anybody can have what I have with the swipe of a credit card. Is that really a game worth supporting?

Edited by LordofTibera