Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Map: Underwater

Snowcake

Hi. I know we've recently gotten a new map for Earth with forests and such, but I was thinking of a new map idea of underwater. It could be in an aquarium kind of map. It would include these features:

-The walls would be glass with an underwater sea background featuring sea-creatures and reef

-Some areas would be flooded with water

-Similar to the cracked-glass on space ship maps when oxygen would leak, there would be cracked-glass where water would leak inside the ship

-This area could be on a new much higher level planet (40-50) or even higher and would reward rarer mods or it could be on an already existing planet

Anyways, just a suggestion. I know I like playing in a variety of environments, and so far I like the ones we have, but you could never have too much variety.

A great idea (except maybe for the level cap) but what planet/planetoid has water besides earth? I know some of them have ice, but then again this is the future.

So you essentially want rapture, eh?

Ceres would be a good choice since this is what it says on the wiki,

Ceres is the only known dwarf planet in the inner solar system, and may have liquid water, which is a possibility as to why it was chosen as a planet with missions.

I think it would be better to just add a few new tiles for the Earth set, such as a lake with some underwater glass passages as you described, and maybe a research facility in the middle of the lake. 

However, the Earth set definitely needs more work before they move onto another set. The tiles feel very plain, and I don't get a sense of reason as to why I'm running around a jungle just killing things. The same issue can arise with an underwater tileset. 

Ceres would be a good choice since this is what it says on the wiki,

Ceres is the only known dwarf planet in the inner solar system, and may have liquid water, which is a possibility as to why it was chosen as a planet with missions.

Well if there's a chance then the Grineer (since they are submarine themed) could put up factories and increase the temperature of the planet through greenhouse gasses and make it an ocean, or they can just terraform like how the Corpus seemed to of done on Mars (If those Ice Planets are supposed to be mars since they write on the signs that it's Mars with plants) or whomever made Phobos with a breathable atmosphere. So yeah, that's an idea. Terraforming for the win!

Keep in mind the Shipyard Tileset is incoming. It's possible DE could add a few "underwater" sections, such as exploring an underwater oil rig tile, or a sunken submarine/Galleon wreckage.

There's a lot of potential for the Shipyard tileset, although I don't think DE will focus too heavily on water content, since swimming is still a big question floating around until later.

Keep in mind the Shipyard Tileset is incoming. It's possible DE could add a few "underwater" sections, such as exploring an underwater oil rig tile, or a sunken submarine/Galleon wreckage.

There's a lot of potential for the Shipyard tileset, although I don't think DE will focus too heavily on water content, since swimming is still a big question floating around until later.

I think it'd be a great place to incorporate an underwater environment if DE chose to. As far as the floating goes, there would have to be some sort of way to either swim and shoot or stick to the floor. ^_^

Neptune could be the planet with water.

Imagine crashed sunken Orokin Ships underwater in the Neptunian Ocean. (even derelict ships)

New keys to access them? (Flooded towers)

T1 Floods

T2 Floods

T3 Floods

There is something that I don't like about tower void tile sets. Its the window, the upper ceilings are white, I don't like that they are in the void. Imagine if these orokin tower structures would be underwater, how awesome would it be to look up on the ceiling window and to see all that water.

Scientist say Europa has a ocean under its thick sheets of ice...

Mix that with a bit of Grineer planet ruining and greenhouse gasses and we seem to have ourselves a winner. Oh, how I'd love to return to Rapture! I want to see Orokin  Super-Genetically-Engineered fish too!

Warframe big daddies! Grineer would seem the best faction to have 'em.

Mix that with a bit of Grineer planet ruining and greenhouse gasses and we seem to have ourselves a winner. Oh, how I'd love to return to Rapture! I want to see Orokin  Super-Genetically-Engineered fish too!

Warframe big daddies! Grineer would seem the best faction to have 'em.

The mechanical limbs make it hard for them to swim doesnt it? Lol

• 1 month later...