Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Of The Orokin

stolenname

After some thought as to why Tenno were put in cryopods, I thought that it might be because the orokin in all of their wisdom decided to leave the system to either observe its function without them or to construct a stronghold out of the reach of any other factions. Anyways, this is my idea:

The orokin return to find that the Lotus, one of their former tenno control AIs has been activated accidentally by corpus scientists (a possibility) while trying to replicate the computing programming and design of the more complex orokin technologies. Since activation, this "Lotus" has declared guerrilla warfare on all factions using the Tenino operatives previously under her control.

This is simply unacceptable to the orokin, and so they return to end the madness of the lotus, activating a small number of AIs to extinguish the lotus and subsequently all of the tenno under her control. Unfortunately for the orokin, these tenno operatives are some of the finest, and are also well modded due to the length of their activation.

This would allow a new, much more dynamic faction to be added, while also bringing in the introduction of new equipment, after many years of orokin development that will be introduced to the system at once.

Thoughts?

Over great periods of time with their superior minds, is it not possible that they have re-established their numbers even if only a few of them survived? The lore calls Tenno the betrayers, perhaps the AIs controlling them began to view the Orokin as the aggressors to be terminated, and once the Orokin realised this they fled, activating a kill switch on tenno and the controlling AI alike, forcing them into a dormant state.

Over great periods of time with their superior minds, is it not possible that they have re-established their numbers even if only a few of them survived? The lore calls Tenno the betrayers, perhaps the AIs controlling them began to view the Orokin as the aggressors to be terminated, and once the Orokin realised this they fled, activating a kill switch on tenno and the controlling AI alike, forcing them into a dormant state.

you've got some srs headcanon going on there dude, and it doesn't really make sense.

I'm pretty sure DE is going to treat the Orokin much like how Blizzard has treated the Xel'naga in Starcraft. They are a major focus, but you won't see them back due to that nasty little issue called extinction.

Or will they?....

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the Lotus has ulterior motives. I really think it's just an AI. That said, the question isn't is the Lotus going against the wishes of the orokin (she is). The question is, does the Lotus lead the Tenno, or does someone else lead the Lotus. The Sentients were most likely humans. The Orokin, advanced machines (origin of Corpus tech, which is copycat stuff). The Orokin, clearly depicted as the bad guys, said the Tenno turned against them. The Lotus was probably an Orokin AI integrated into the Warframe itself, but rewritten by the Tenno (who betrayed the Orokin), and probably not that the Lotus itself turned on the Orokin.

Now, the other very strong possibility is that all the Orokin were AI in the same manner as the Lotus, and that the Lotus is a rogue Orokin. Therefore the Lotus and the Tenno betrayed the other Orokin. Better yet, this probably is more likely. The Orokin derelicts and Void feature nothing but technology. No signs of a sentient race of Orokin. Plus, the called their enemy the Sentients, suggesting that they aren't sentient (meaning they are most likely machines, AI, or something of that sort).

What I hope to see, though, instead of the return of the Orokin (they're gone), is for the Corpus to successfully reverse engineer Orokin tech and use it against the Grineer (meaning their tech is as powerful as that in the Void, instead of their currently weak reverse-engineered Orokin tech). 

but you won't see them back due to that nasty little issue called extinction.

yeah you can call things like the dodo extint but is it extinct? we all know it is on earth but somwhere in the universe it could be living. same with the orokren, they could be living somwhere else in the universe letting the three factions kill eachother. some people asked if there will be another system as in some places it refers to the "oragin system". they could make a whole system where there is a massive war between the orkren and the scientnals or whatever there called

Edited by creeperZface