Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jaeger - The Gunslinger Warframe

LazerusKI

Just thought about this.

Ash and Valkyr are Melee frames, most of their abilitys are made for melee combat.

So, what about a frame who is good in ranged combat?

He would be mainly focused on selfbuffs for his Rifles.

Look:

A skinny frame like Ash for example, special Syandana, Camo-Net

Stats: (Volt Like)

Shield: 150

Health: 100

Armor: 15

Energy: 100

Speed: 1

1) Target Locked [25E]

For the next X seconds his bullet adjust their flights towards enemies and deal increased damage. Bulletcount effect (1s = 1 shot) on sniper rifles

Rank 0: 1s (Sniper: 1 Shot), 2,5% Damage

Rank 1: 2s (Sniper: 2 Shot), 5% Damage

Rank 2: 3s (Sniper: 3 Shot), 7,5% Damage

Rank 3: 4s (Sniper: 4 Shot), 10% Damage

Affected by: Duration, Focus, Efficiency

EDIT: It is NOT Bullet Attractor, it just adjust the shots to hit easier, not 100% Hit, also it wont redirect Enemy-Bullets, only yours.

2) Stand Your Ground [50E]

Creates a defensive Sphere that increases the Defence and Precision of Teammates inside.

Rank 0: 2,5s, 5% Defense, 25% Precision

Rank 1: 5s,  10% Defense, 50% Precision

Rank 2: 7,5s, 20% Defense, 75% Precision

Rank 3: 10s, 30% Defense, 100% Precision

Affected by: Duration, Focus, Range, Efficiency

EDIT: I didnt meant a "Snowglobe effect", more like a field that buffs you while you are standing in it, it doesnt protect "everything", it just buffs your armor and precision. Armor Buff would not be that usefull for him, but imagine a Valkyr-Tank standing at the front, shooting her ammo through waves of enemies.

3) Shrapnel Shot [75E]

Similar to Target Locked, this ability buffs his Shots. Sniper Rifles have again a Bulletcount instead. Radius of the Shrapnels is 5m.

Rank 0: 1s (Sniper: 1 Shot), Shrapnel: 2,5% Damage

Rank 1: 2s (Sniper: 2 Shot), Shrapnel: 5% Damage

Rank 2: 3s (Sniper: 3 Shot), Shrapnel: 7,5% Damage

Rank 3: 4s (Sniper: 4 Shot), Shrapnel: 10% Damage

Affected by: Duration, Focus, Range, Efficiency

4) Exterminate! [100E]

Removes his need to reload (no ammo consumption), removes chargetime for some weapons (maximised charged shot), inrceases RoF.

Rank 0: 2,5s, 10% RoF Bonus

Rank 1: 5s 30% RoF Bonus

Rank 2: 7,5s 40% RoF Bonus

Rank 3: 10s 50% RoF Bonus

Affected by: Duration, Focus, Efficiency

Edited by LazerusKI

Hmm... It's an interesting idea. I think the first power is a little too similar to Mag's Bullet Attractor, perhaps, and the second would make more sense as a purely offensive aura since otherwise you're more or less providing a Snowglobe with a damage buff. On the other hand, the third and fourth powers would be extremely entertaining with a rapid-fire weapon (Akstiletto or Wraith Vipers, especially), and I think I'd enjoy playing with it.

Cool name. Jaeger means hunter so I dig that.

I'm also waiting to see a gunslinger type frame brought into warframe.

Outside of that...I'm just not feeling it.

Buffs are always useful but the frame lacks the kind of individual substance and style I expect from a warframe.

Hmm... It's an interesting idea. I think the first power is a little too similar to Mag's Bullet Attractor, perhaps, and the second would make more sense as a purely offensive aura since otherwise you're more or less providing a Snowglobe with a damage buff. On the other hand, the third and fourth powers would be extremely entertaining with a rapid-fire weapon (Akstiletto or Wraith Vipers, especially), and I think I'd enjoy playing with it.

yeah, i always thought that the Bullet Attractor Effect would be very usefull in this way, instead of the bubble version.

Bullet Attractor would still be different, it attracts enemy projectiles too, while my idea would just be for your own weapon, and not 100% hit, just a slight adjustment towards the enemy.

mechanic would be similar, but still completely different.

Dont see the second ability as a snowglobe, snowglobe is health based that blocks all shots entering it, while my idea would buff the frames armor, it would not protect anything like snowglobe does

3 and 4: while thinking about the abilitys, i had a balance between rapidfire and sniper players in mind. a rapidfire shrapnell-soma would be the same fun as a vandaltron with them. unlimited ammo rapidfire Supra would be as fun as instant-charge semi-auto Lanka.

speed?

yeah, totally forgot about that, i will edit it in.

Buffs are always useful but the frame lacks the kind of individual substance and style I expect from a warframe.

just imagine Lanka with Shrapnell shots, unlimited ammo Soma, something like that. I had Valkyr in my mind, just wanted to create something based on gun-buffs instead of melee-buffs.

Cool name. Jaeger means hunter so I dig that.

exactly ;)

LET'S KILL THOSE TITANS!

I was not thinking about Yeager from Attack on Titan, i was really thinking about the German word (i'm German), and Jaeger is an often used name for Gunslingers or Hunters in english.

Edited by LazerusKI