Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Pre-Installed Polarities Arranged Like This?

Z3ROWOLFHD

alot of weapons (like galatine) were made before damage 2.0, when it didnt matter where the polarity was on your weapon, now it doesnt matter at all since you can move them after you forma.

even if you didnt forma, i doubt you would even have the mod space to fit so many elements to where you would even have to rearrange them

Then what is the correct term for wanting to be organized? I have this problem sometimes actually, so don't go accusing me of not having it.

There is no "correct term" for wanting to be organized. You just want to be organized. There.

I no expert on it, but if you had OCD over something like this you would probably be unable to use or look at that weapon because it didn't match the ideal pattern you need to have things in. Having it like that would make you lose your mind, not make you a little unsettled or annoyed. Being a stickler for organization =/= OCD. And one can very well accuse you of not having it unless you were diagnosed. No offense, dude.

Leave the self-diagnosis for tumblr. :P

But back on topic. Dat placement. DE pls.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Then what is the correct term for wanting to be organized? I have this problem sometimes actually, so don't go accusing me of not having it.

Oddly, it's OCPD, but that you can't diagnose yourself either and is more complicated itself too. OCD really means you have a ritual you do for things or you get a panic attack. Like shutting a door seven times before entering a room. Where as OCPD is like using a different napkin each time you wipe your face.

Pedantic i think.

Pedantic means to be concerned with minor rules and details.

Wanting to be organized would be better classified as 'meticulous', 'orderly', or possibly 'coherent'. 'Organized' is also a good word to use.

However, I understand how saying 'It's killing my desire to be organized' doesn't quite have the same dramatic impact as self-diagnosing.

It's good to have some space in the Modification slots so you can arrange them to your like, especially on weapons.

By now you know that certain element combinations produce a secondary effect, like Cold + Electricity = Magnetic.  Now, if you wanted to instead go Viral, having your Polarity slots spaced out here and there allows you to shuffle the Modifications around for the right pairings.

This is a lesson I learned after I Forma'd a Tactical (-) card right at the bottom right slot on my favorite Rifle, because I was using Infected Clip a lot.  That complicated some things when I wanted to mix up for Viral and was using three elemental cards, since the secondary elemental effects take the Modifications in pairs from left to right, top to bottom; with my Toxin Modification always at the end, I either had to throw 4 elemental Mods on for 2 pairings or use just 2 elemental Mods to ensure the Viral pairing.

If that all made sense, give yourself a thumb's up.

EDIT:  I also don't know anything about this Moving Polarity Slots business, or if it's even available on the PS4, but that's where I play and if it's enabled I haven't had any indication of it.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan