The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Fraps Alternates

BloodKitten

while FRAPS give me raw footage quality, i am looking for a program that dont make 10-20 minutes videos with the file size of a game or 2.

was hoping someone could help me, looking for something that can record in 720p and dosent matter if free or paid.

thanks in advance, maybe will record some warframe and share it :p

On my Testing ShadowPlay on High has ca. 8GB for 30min (1440x900 because I set it to record my Desktop resolution)

When i remember correctly Fraps has an Quality menu try playing around with it ;)

But if you have an GTX 650 or higher try Shadowplay because it's amazing (almost no FPS loss)

I use Nvidia shadowplay, and I don't regret it. Its a great tool with little impact on my fps. But you need a nvidia kepler GPU. Only downside to it :c

I'm able to use it on my Geforce 660m so if you've got a nvidia card pick it up.

Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is actually quite robust and completely free. You can record videos with H.264 encoding and it supports GPU acceleration with certain hardware.

While it's primarily used for streaming to services like Twitch, you can set the program to record to a file only instead of streaming. You can also have it record specific windows, portions of the screen, et cetera.

The only downside is that it's sort of tough to get working just right, and it's a wee bit complicated.

Open Broadcaster Software Project