Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earthframe!

Instinction

Title.

Most people think of earth as a defensive element, but I feel like the skills of a defensive earthframe would tread far too much into Frost's and Rhino's territory, so here is what I suggest:

I think this should be a high damage, short to mid range, AOE frame, BUT with it's AOE skills having defensive utilities.

Such as his ultimate could be something along these lines:

Earth frame summons a number of mid size stoney pillars around him in a circle (start with 3 go to 6?) that do an extremely high amount of damage, but in a small radius around the player, with each pillar having it's own small AOE radius around it. However, these pillars will stay up for awhile (hp like frost globe or just a base duration?) providing cover for players and will be climbable to be used as a vantage point or to reach high places.

Increasing the rank of the mod will increase the number of pillars (max of 6?), increase the damage, and increase the overall size of the pillar and the AOE of each pillar.

So here we have a short range, high damage ult, that provides a utility defense of stone pillars to provide cover, which can be upgraded to a mid-ranging ult.

I think these types of abilities would make an absolutely awesome Earth frame.

(Maybe earthframe could be released with new earth tile-set and boss? :D)

Edited by Instinction

I don't think we need anymore elements added to the damage system. 

A new earth element doesn't have to be added. Make it's attacks do impact damage or something else that fits, maybe corrosive.

Air element wasn't added for Zephyr, so there is no real reason they couldn't add an earthframe.

Warframe doesn't have magic. Void corruption isn't going to allow us to make chunks of dirt appear out of nowhere while we're on a spaceship.

No support.

Are you trolling? I feel like you're trolling. Ember can make fire blast out of the ground. Frost can summon ice boulder from the sky. Zephyr makes tornadoes pop out of nowhere. You're really say there can't be earth pillars that pop out of the ground?

Really?

Warframe doesn't have magic. Void corruption isn't going to allow us to make chunks of dirt appear out of nowhere while we're on a spaceship.

No support.

See, if you have a little bit of imagination it isn't a huge stretch. Maybe it can use nano machines to build the towers, rearranging the molecules of the terrain its used on into something suitably earthy

See, if you have a little bit of imagination it isn't a huge stretch. Maybe it can use nano machines to build the towers, rearranging the molecules of the terrain its used on into something suitably earthy

Someone who thinks the way I think. Good imagination mate.

Eh. Not really. One of his abilities involves walls being used for cover but that's about it. The execution of his skills is totally different from my line of thinking.

He wants to have abilities that are directly utility or defensive in nature.

I want short range nukes that have a utility or defensive effect, making that effect be less effective and still more geared towards offense.