Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is This Even Possible?

Raileks

"I have zeypher with maxed abilities/maxed energy mods and a phage that deals 1,500 puncture, 1,800 cold, 5,800 radiation, and 2,500 viral at an increased rate of 1.6 (compared to the stock 1.0)" ~ some clearly OP dude.

from

Weapon Slot Primary
Weapon Type Shotgun
Trigger Type Held

Utility

Projectile Speed Hit-Scan
Firing Rate 1.0 rounds/sec
Accuracy 50.0*
Magazine Size 40 rounds/mag
Reload Time 2.0s

Normal Attacks

Elemental Dmg Type 18px-Viral_b.png Viral
Elemental Dmg 330
Crit Damage 200%

Im new to this game, I thought I was doing well when I got a miter up to about 1300, in total with everything added.  What am I missing here?

Edited by Raileks

Point Blank, Vicious spread, Blaze, Incendiary Coat, Chilling Grasp, Flechette, Accelerated Blast, Hell's Chamber.

All maxed.

(weapon needs a couple of additional forma)

You can't give a physical damage component to a weapon that doesn't already have one. He is either lying or he is a hacker.

You can with the Phage. It's a bug. Though it might be intentional. But probably a bug.

360% base damage mods(120%of is multishot) for shottys and elemental combinations.

the phage is an amazing gun, the base damage is huge so yeah.

as for the puncture, accelrated blast has been bugged for quite some time. it adds 60% puncture off the entire damage, no base puncture needed.

Edited by Warherp

You can with the Phage. It's a bug. Though it might be intentional. But probably a bug.

Accelerated blast adds puncture damage as extra damage, similar to elemental mods.

d'oh. that actually sounds kind've neat, but also silly.

that might be useful as a feature, honestly. gives people the ability to have a certain Physical Type if they really want it. if you just love Impact Effects for example, etc.

Lol why would the Phage have a Cold elemental by itself it it has Viral in it?

well... what if someone specifically wants the bonuses and Status Effect from Ice Damage? ...

Not only that, but Accelerated Blast scales off of your total base damage unlike other I/P/S mods, which only scale off of those respective stats. Meaning if you had a pistol with 10000 slash and 10 puncture, a max No Return (60% puncture damage) will only contribute an extra 6 damage. Meanwhile, if your shotgun has 10000 slash and 10 puncture, you'll get 6000 + 6 extra damage out of it. Lets you do things like turn the slash heavy Drakgoon (which should be terrible against armor) into a Grineer eating machine. No other I/P/S mod does this. Of course, the fire rate is valuable too.

Sadly, this makes Accelerated Blast pretty much the only worthwhile I/P/S damage mod in the game. The standard elementals just do the job much better. And since it scales off total base damage, it lets you add puncture to weapons that don't have it. If you're trying to use another puncture mod on a weapon that has no puncture, then you're trying to get +% off of a base of 0.

It's probably a bug, but IMO it's a bug that shouldn't be fixed. Most shotguns have enough going against them already (some mixture of really crappy range/falloff, bad ammo economy, small clips/constant reloads, not very good proc capabilities with the new status change, etc.), this is one of those things that really helps them out.

Phage is fun and good, yes but it is NOT op (unlike penta for example)

This build requires a S#&$ ton of hours to lvl up and forma and lvl up Phage + the catalyst of course

not to mention that it has limited range and needs to be focused before you can actually use it to kill stuff and damage is dealt in chunks every 1/10s (wich is somewhat low as actual RoF, inferion to the braton RoF i think) , it's really just  the shotgun version of synapse.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Accelerated blast adds puncture damage as extra damage, similar to elemental mods.

But Flechette doesn't on the Phage, so I think it's a bug.

Also, no other pure-elemental-basedamage weapon gets physical damage when adding the corresponding mods.

Edited by Grulos

d'oh. that actually sounds kind've neat, but also silly.

that might be useful as a feature, honestly. gives people the ability to have a certain Physical Type if they really want it. if you just love Impact Effects for example, etc.

well... what if someone specifically wants the bonuses and Status Effect from Ice Damage? ...

I'm saying it can't have cold by itself because Viral is Cold and Toxin.

I'm new to this game, I thought I was doing well when I got a miter up to about 1300, in total with everything added.  What am I missing here? 

You're comparing against a weapon this isn't wildly consider to be viable to a weapon that is. Mitter is a niche weapon that is of questionable use for many things. Also, accelerated blast works the same for all shotguns (it's a bug that DE knows about because there are a few bug reports about it).

Phage being able to get puncture damage isn't really any more game breaking than a bullet weapon getting radiation damage. Phage has enough raw DPS that it can easily get high corrosive or radiation damage and never bother with accelerated blast. 

I do not bother with accelerated blast on phage, because I do not like the increased ammo consumption and instead I prefer more raw elemental damage. I have a four forma phage and do not use accelerated blast.

I'm saying it can't have cold by itself because Viral is Cold and Toxin.

That is totally false. You can have cold + viral or toxin +viral. Play test it before making a claim like that. 

Edited by LazyKnight