Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Infested Or Are We Void?

drMightyPotato

It might just be a leftover dialouge from the Dark Sector prequel era. De seems to have droped Dark Sector being a prequel to Warframe seeing as how Tenno ahve gotten their powers from the void as opposed to Hayden who got his powers from the Technocyte Virus.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Hayden did not have powers like these Tenno. They also have gone back and forth on the whole dark sector prequel thing so much that its hard to tell what they have in mind anymore.

Edited by NevanChambers

Neither; we're Corrupted.  Tenno aren't immune to the Neural Probes, we're just already under the control of the most powerful one around, which calls itself "Lotus"...

You're wrong. The infested say that they are of the same flesh as the Tenno. I think the infested in the Warframe lore come from the Void. I think that's how they got corrupted in the Void. But they aren't corrupted like the Grineer, Corpus, and Infested in the Orokin Void.

It makes perfect sense to relate these sentences, because Tenno's are (partly) infested.

Golem even says it himself: "Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh.".

Clearly it doesn't make perfect sense, otherwise there would not be anyone differing from your opinion.

J3 Golem's comms need not be forced into the one perspective you're trying to pin on it, either.

It may be talking about the actual flesh it has infested, the originating species the infestation bioweapon was used against, or yet more interpretations that fail to support your views.

Chances are, when DE properly forms the WF lore, there will be a few partly correct answers in here ... but I doubt anyone will have hit the nail on the head.

1. The Tenno are afflicted by some kind of sickness/disease from the Void. This could be the Technocyte virus, but it may not be.

2. The Warframes are biological in nature, and made up out of Infested "goo" like Nano Spores and Neural Sensors.

So there are two possibilities as to why the Infested see the Tenno as kin.

The affliction is powers. The suits are technocyte and merely conduits for their powers..

Neither; we're Corrupted.  Tenno aren't immune to the Neural Probes, we're just already under the control of the most powerful one around, which calls itself "Lotus"...

This same old argument. As pointed out in the Gradivus, Lotus is our guide but not our conscience. We have free will.

Edited by UrielColtan

Having never played Dark Sector, I've always thought of Warframe along the lines of The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor. That being the frames themselves being this bio-organic armor suit that bonds with it's user (hence why there isn't say, a female Rhino or a male Ember) and amplifies the natural powers inherent in the host (as well as adding some). Of course, warframes don't have to worry about going berserk when host (tenno) and suit (frame) go out of sync because (afaik) it's not done through a control module but rather the Technocyte virus everyone keeps talking about (which I don't know as much about since [see first 5 words]). That'd also explain why Tenno exist outside of the suit - the suit isn't so much them, as much as a symbiotic thing that gets bonded to them.

I've always read the two lines in specific on OPs question as two separate things. Statement/ situation assessment: This ship is wall to wall infested. Recommended approach : If it isn't you or your friends, kill it. It'd be like a military operation saying: It's wall to wall insurgents in those tunnels. If it's not a marine, kill it.