Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Systems Blueprint ~ Kela De Thaym

Liquidushime

I don't have a problem with the "You want it, you have to work for it" (Grind your dear soul away or buy platinum for instant gratification.) I don't mind one bit because this isn't a competitive multiplayer game. I don't have a problem with grinding (Actually, I can't stand it, but I've set my foaming at the mouth raging bias against it aside because I like warframe at the moment.) I spent $4.99 on platinum for Ember to be built faster and potato to boost her.

Then Saryn came out...

I was like: I MUST have that warframe (I'm currently broke, so I don't have the money for platinum.) I put on my overalls, got my gas for the tractor, and I got my heavy &#! sword levelled up by taking Ember through Mars and Mercury with a pal. I damn near solo'd m way to Merrow, dying and restarting and clawing my way to my goal. I made money, I got mods, and I levelled weapons.

And I got into the room with Kela De Thaym for the first time (after using pharis to stealth my way through the map undectected with a group of people all on voice chat. I knew the boss was hard. She killed all of us. 4 times.

Okay, so I got out my Level 29 Volt, with a potato and pumped him up with mods using as much money as I could spare without going bankrupt. After that, I got into a good group and I got the chassis first. I immediately started building (I had collected A LOT of materials getting Ember setup up. A couple of hours later I got the helmet.

4 days later: I have the chassis and helmet.

I have 12 chassis and 24 helmets

I have no credits because I pumped up Volt so he could survive the farming (Not a problem at all.)

I have run Merrow successfully 350+ times

Half of that, the boss dropped NOTHING....

I want the systems badly, but I expect to get SOMETHING everytime I cleave Kela De Thaym's Ball spamming, rocket shooting, one shotting face off.

This boss is MASSIVELY OP

I don't mind, she's a boss; bosses are typically difficult.

What I do mind is the fact that I haven't gotten Saryn's systems yet. I spent my little money and got what I wanted with it. I shouldn't HAVE to spend money to get something that SHOULD have a chance to drop from a ball spamming, instant shield regaining bastard, who can drop 2 credits, but can't drop something worth the time I've spent handing her her &#! in FOUR DAYS.

I'm thinking about just giving in and....not playing anymore. I might get Saryn's systems, but now that I've gone through this in the past four days, how can I bear to do anything else? I think I'm about to catch an stroke when all I get from a BOSS is 2 credits. So what I can sell the mods the smalled enemies drop? They don't have a "Chance to drop Saryn's systems" so I can build each piece that takes 12 hours and then build that entire thing that will take 3 DAYS.

And I'm not unlucky either, I've gotten every tiny little thing I want, with time put in. I got Ember parts, through the same process. Why isn't this boss giving me what I want? I played with a guy that got all three blueprints with 3 playthroughs and didn't have to grind more than 4 games to start building the entire warframe.

He put in 20 mintues and got what I've been PUTTING IN TIME AND ENERGY INTO FOR FOUR DAYS

**Rant Done**

Short Version: 4 Days no systems, 350+ playthroughs and now the boss doesnt drop ANYTHING at all. Why?

I don't feel better after all of this...sadly.

Edited by Liquidushime

RNG.

Would you feel better if I said that I got all three of them within five runs?

I would be angry at you for saying that, but I don't think I care. It just makes me sad. I can only complain and whine about it. There has to be something wrong with the system when 350+ chances of getting 1 item fails.

Many games with a random loot system eventually have to come up with an alternative. Random means everything on the list equally possible of happening, but for some reason, programmers think that nothing happening is an interesting result.

Considering how few other players are probably going after that boss, it seems that you have likely made a great number of the attempts against the boss. Meaning that currently everyone knows the trend is quite possibly towards dropping nothing. A trend is supposed to be unlikely when something is random.

There are many things that could be said, but in general, it's easy to say, that it really isn't all that exciting to go through lousy loot more then 100 times.

Ouch man. The RNG sure hates you. I got the Saryn pieces in 4 runs. (Got a duplicate of the chassis drop for one of them.) I know how you feel, though, it did that kind of S#&$ to me when I was trying to get Frost. Personally, I think RNG systems are out-dated and lame. A system where you are awarded points for doing something each time that you can then spend unlocking the frame you want would be better. It gives the devs better control over how hard it is to get any given object, and it stops S#&$ like that from happening to poor SOBs like you.

As for the boss being "OP". She's not really that hard. The missile skill of hers is easy to dodge. The grenade can't really kill you. The rolllers are a minor nusance at best. I solo'd her with Ember and my Lato Vandal for two of my runs. It's funny to fight her with groups, though. People run up to her/stand close to her/don't dodge etc. and get one shotted left and right.

Many games with a random loot system eventually have to come up with an alternative. Random means everything on the list equally possible of happening, but for some reason, programmers think that nothing happening is an interesting result.

Considering how few other players are probably going after that boss, it seems that you have likely made a great number of the attempts against the boss. Meaning that currently everyone knows the trend is quite possibly towards dropping nothing. A trend is supposed to be unlikely when something is random.

There are many things that could be said, but in general, it's easy to say, that it really isn't all that exciting to go through lousy loot more then 100 times.

I think I'm all gamed out, I've reached a point where I ccan't look at the game. (which usually only happened when playing a console game for 300 or more hours) It's only been 28 total hours in game for me and most of that has been farming this boss. I'm about done, I even played Vindictus in closed beta and got my Evie to 52, but the grind/farming got to me. I've destoryed Warframe in a matter of days. Really I'm only playing because it's a third person shooter, co-op swords, guns, progress, but I don't think I can do it anymore. It's too much for me.

Ouch man. The RNG sure hates you. I got the Saryn pieces in 4 runs. (Got a duplicate of the chassis drop for one of them.) I know how you feel, though, it did that kind of S#&$ to me when I was trying to get Frost. Personally, I think RNG systems are out-dated and lame. A system where you are awarded points for doing something each time that you can then spend unlocking the frame you want would be better. It gives the devs better control over how hard it is to get any given object, and it stops S#&$ like that from happening to poor SOBs like you.

As for the boss being "OP". She's not really that hard. The missile skill of hers is easy to dodge. The grenade can't really kill you. The rolllers are a minor nusance at best. I solo'd her with Ember and my Lato Vandal for two of my runs. It's funny to fight her with groups, though. People run up to her/stand close to her/don't dodge etc. and get one shotted left and right.

After I got her down, I was killing her alone in 30 minutes (a lot of ammo) and with a group I was dusting her off in 10 minutes. Anyways, I think I'm done.

I don't care about the difficulty of the boss or the RNG, I care about my time spent vs rewards given

Oh, I remember seeing you shime, Ummm, yeah. If you had stayed on last night and joined us for about, 8 more runs? You'd have a system BP right now. (Dropped last night.)

Edit: We got it about 2-4 am this morning to tell you the time.

Well, once steam finishes DL'ing warframe here I'll try tossing you a friend invite. I can kill her basically as soon as I can get to her, so my friend (and a nyx that was joining us) just ran past everything, killed her, exited, remade. Got the whole set in about 10 runs. You joined us on run 2 or 4.

Edited by Laughter

I feel you - i've seen your name many a time while farming her myself for her systems... we played together for like 2 hours last night (or was it this morning?) I see you a lot.. lol.

Yeah, I've been at it a while. I'll probably hit off some more now, and I'll add all you guys for future playing.

Oh, I remember seeing you shime, Ummm, yeah. If you had stayed on last night and joined us for about, 8 more runs? You'd have a system BP right now. (Dropped last night.) Edit: We got it about 2-4 am this morning to tell you the time. Well, once steam finishes DL'ing warframe here I'll try tossing you a friend invite. I can kill her basically as soon as I can get to her, so my friend (and a nyx that was joining us) just ran past everything, killed her, exited, remade. Got the whole set in about 10 runs. You joined us on run 2 or 4.

When I don't play that when it drop x_x Argh.

Giving up after only the 4 days? Try playing an MMORPG for a year and still not acquiring the weapon you want. ('-')

The reason I have a short fuse with grinding is because I play THE WORST mmorpg for grinding/ cash shop relationship. Requiem: Memento Mori.

I played 2 years and I reached 54 ~ The cap is 79 (Or higher now) but If I had premuim, I could reach it in just 2-3 days with about 3 hours a day. Heck to get to 54 from 50 it took 4 weeks of grinding regular mobs (because I don't have the gear to do bosses because you win it in pvp OR you purchase it with real money. AND unless you but reinforcement materials with real money you can't make the gear you have better.

It's the mmo that ruined my tolerance for grinding.

I got what i needed is 10 runs or something. very lucky took me days to farm the frost. And im one of dem guys that runs of to kela's face. but then i taunt her with Iron Skin and spray her face full of shotgun pellets

Yeah, like I said, I'm adding you guys, feel free to catch me on (weekdays after 10pm EST ~ Weekends All Weekend on and off.)

Kela is a cakewalk now.

Seriously.

Less than 1/3rds of my HEK can rub her face into the floor now, during solo/duo.

Not even 1/4 levelled mods.

However, I agree.

It's almost like Saryn system doesnt EXIST.

Still, RNG. Time to go back to farming.

Edit : Lol

Half an hour after this post, I found it. Woot. (yes, Kela is ezmode now)

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

The reason I have a short fuse with grinding is because I play THE WORST mmorpg for grinding/ cash shop relationship. Requiem: Memento Mori.

I played 2 years and I reached 54 ~ The cap is 79 (Or higher now) but If I had premuim, I could reach it in just 2-3 days with about 3 hours a day. Heck to get to 54 from 50 it took 4 weeks of grinding regular mobs (because I don't have the gear to do bosses because you win it in pvp OR you purchase it with real money. AND unless you but reinforcement materials with real money you can't make the gear you have better.

It's the mmo that ruined my tolerance for grinding.

You do realize that game doesn't sound like grinding, but something that requires gameplay that you weren't sticking with. If the gear comes from pvp, then you should pvp. Not grind xp on mobs that aren't very rewarding.

Of course the whole premium can max someone out in a few days does sound pretty annoying.

I personally think everything should have a 100% chance to drop somewhere, just have it be a challenging encounter. (AkA wave 25 of a certain defense mission or actually designing bosses to be challenging)

Relying on RNG to be a challenge isn't a challenge at all, it's luck. You can either have good luck or horrible luck and have to kill the same easy boss over and over again due to RNG isn't fun it's obnoxious.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

this post reminds me of my quest for a shield cap mod. doing raid / defense missions for 4 days on Venus and nothing. I did make the Saryn frame though. Sadly, it's true it takes a lot of runs to do. However it's all about the RNG, I've never seen the boss drop nothing though. Usually I see a mod and some mats minimum.

GREAT NEWS!!! My Systems will be done tonight at 11pm and the frame will be built in 3 days!!!

Now I can hate myself for spending my "Speedy building platinum"

Kela is a cakewalk now.

Seriously.

Less than 1/3rds of my HEK can rub her face into the floor now, during solo/duo.

Not even 1/4 levelled mods.

However, I agree.

It's almost like Saryn system doesnt EXIST.

Still, RNG. Time to go back to farming.

Edit : Lol

Half an hour after this post, I found it. Woot. (yes, Kela is ezmode now)

Well, I think she is OP, but I was solo'ing her after about 20 runs. Now that I got the systems, I am determined to never EVER go to merrow again. EVER.

You do realize that game doesn't sound like grinding, but something that requires gameplay that you weren't sticking with. If the gear comes from pvp, then you should pvp. Not grind xp on mobs that aren't very rewarding.

Of course the whole premium can max someone out in a few days does sound pretty annoying.

How do you do PvP without good gear? (You buy it with cash) and then you win at PvP which gives you slightly better things to PvP with, but cash is always +1 higher or better in this way. As a melee character (Magic and Range were WTFOMG DATS OP) My skills at 50 (Commander Class) were only good at level 65; basically you need to buy with cash to PvP and then PvP to get more PvP with you cash and PvP. It was atrociously, horrendously, stupendously imbalanced to cash, cash and more cash.

Cash = Auto level and Auto win.

I personally think everything should have a 100% chance to drop somewhere, just have it be a challenging encounter. (AkA wave 25 of a certain defense mission or actually designing bosses to be challenging)

Relying on RNG to be a challenge isn't a challenge at all, it's luck. You can either have good luck or horrible luck and have to kill the same easy boss over and over again due to RNG isn't fun it's obnoxious.

---

I would say make the boss UNSTOPPABLY ARTOCIOUSLY Hard and make the drop rate enough to get a blueprint every 50-100 runs. I could have had all I wanted in 1-2 days. Boom, problem solved. A little luck and some hard &#! boss and you get rewarded.

RNG.

Would you feel better if I said that I got all three of them within five runs?

me too.

And some say that if you abort mission after killing the boss your chances become worst.

So run a full mission.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

me too.

And some say that if you abort mission after killing the boss your chances become worst.

So run a full mission.

I call bs on that.

I finished all of my missions and it took me 224 runs of the map. Even when everyone but me quit out. Even though I was max rank in all my guns/frames i used to farm.

(although... because I hate the people that do that and risk losing the dropped transition for everyone else I will spread this rumor around as well)

I got all 3 parts in about an hour. Two of my team mate needed Helmet while I needed Chassis and apparently Chassis dropped. So I'm probably just lucky as fck with BP but when it comes to shield capacity mod I have worse luck than you with your Chassis.

Anyway I don't mind running with you if you want to see if your luck increase at all. I do tend to have good luck with all my Blue Print so far. I gotten 5 Warframe through Blue Prints and None of them took longer than 2-3 hours. Ash was probably the longest which took about 2 hours.

IMO I hate this boss "Hey You know the grinders? Y'know the most anoying enemy in the game. Yea lets make a boss centered around them and make said boss able to spawn an infinite number of them this will be the best boss we have ever made!" -.-

Edited by SirGhosty

I call bs on that.

I finished all of my missions and it took me 224 runs of the map. Even when everyone but me quit out. Even though I was max rank in all my guns/frames i used to farm.

(although... because I hate the people that do that and risk losing the dropped transition for everyone else I will spread this rumor around as well)

Hence why you play as the host and let the people know "hey, you should exit mission now" and wait for them to do so. ~.^