The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

I see, Warframe does not live up to your expectations. So trading will make it live up to your expectations or atleast close to it? Can you tell me what is your expections for Warframe are? <---You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I am just curious. ^.^

i have very little in the way of expectations from games. i don't let myself get so caught up in them that i'll get frustrated when the rug is inevitably pulled out from under me.

maybe i'm cynical maybe i'm just old. who knows.

but there are obviously a huge number of players here who's expectations aren't being met by the changes made with prime items and trading in general.

i was more referring your obvious expectations in your posting earlier. and trying to point out that those are what is bothering you, not DE's decisions to further monetize warframe. don't get so invested and you won't be so frustrated. it truly is, just a game.

Items being purchasable through the market is different from trading with other players. We have no complaints about the market items, mainly with player traded items. I have no problem if primes were offered in the markets. Player trading promotes greed; The market itself doesn't among the community.

I'm having a really hard time understanding this logic.

Humor me for a sec as I try to put this together in my head with a hypothetical example. So let's say that DE starts selling Primes in the market as they do with clantech. I want to buy the Bronco Prime, which in the market costs 210 plat. And then I go to trade chat, where someone is selling the bp, barrel, and receiver for 60 plat per part (which comes out to 180 plat, which would more than account for the cells needed, build time, and lack of pre-installed catalyst).

Considering if that math is fair, what exactly is the difference between me buying it from the market and buying it from another player? In an alternative universe where Primes are in the market but not in trading, doesn't that supposedly 'diminish' the 'skill' needed to obtain them? 

People keep making the argument that "anyone with enough money can buy Primes easy." If that's true, wouldn't having Primes in the market be just as bad?

It's weird now seeing that frost prime parts (all of them) are selling for 60 plat.

i mean you just have to grind a little for the material and you can get a better frost than the one in the market (375 plat in the market if i'm not mistaken). 

Isn't this will hurt DE themselves ? now people with plat will never  touch the warframe in the market when they can get the prime version cheaper even if they rush build the parts and buy the reactor and slot.

Buy all parts (60 P)Rush helmet (25 P), rush Chasis (25 P), Rush system (25 P), rush the warframe (50 P) + orokin reactor (20P) + buy warframe slot (20P) thats 225 P to get frost prime compare to Frost from the market which cost 375 Plat.

It's weird now seeing that frost prime parts (all of them) are selling for 60 plat.

i mean you just have to grind a little for the material and you can get a better frost than the one in the market (375 plat in the market if i'm not mistaken). 

Isn't this will hurt DE themselves ? now people with plat will never  touch the warframe in the market when they can get the prime version cheaper even if they rush build the parts and buy the reactor and slot.

Buy all parts (60 P)Rush helmet (25 P), rush Chasis (25 P), Rush system (25 P), rush the warframe (50 P) + orokin reactor (20P) + buy warframe slot (20P) thats 225 P to get frost prime compare to Frost from the market which cost 375 Plat.

Difference is market goes straight to DE not to the players. Plat across players equals greed among players which destroys the community as a whole.

One of the reasons why I think it should only be Prime for Prime. Don't really see how Prime for Prime will help DE, but whatevs.

I'm having a really hard time understanding this logic.

Humor me for a sec as I try to put this together in my head with a hypothetical example. So let's say that DE starts selling Primes in the market as they do with clantech. I want to buy the Bronco Prime, which in the market costs 210 plat. And then I go to trade chat, where someone is selling the bp, barrel, and receiver for 60 plat per part (which comes out to 180 plat, which would more than account for the cells needed, build time, and lack of pre-installed catalyst).

Considering if that math is fair, what exactly is the difference between me buying it from the market and buying it from another player? In an alternative universe where Primes are in the market but not in trading, doesn't that supposedly 'diminish' the 'skill' needed to obtain them? 

People keep making the argument that "anyone with enough money can buy Primes easy." If that's true, wouldn't having Primes in the market be just as bad?

It is still bad but it destroys only the items in the market and not the community itself.

maybe if they put a really high tax on trading these prime parts, it would still hold some meaning? what do you guys think? trading one prime part for 400,000 credits, it wouldn't feel like the prime parts are just nothing then, or? I'm interested on what everyone has to say.

maybe if they put a really high tax on trading these prime parts, it would still hold some meaning? what do you guys think? trading one prime part for 400,000 credits, it wouldn't feel like the prime parts are just nothing then, or? I'm interested on what everyone has to say.

500k or 1 mil sounds good to me.

Or maybe 10 plat for tax to every 1 player plat spent ratio for any BPs traded. I really advocate for DE to get paid. I do not advocate players getting cashed ingame currency through other players at all. I really think DE should get paid for their work. I just don't think allowing players to have a large economy of plat is a way to go.

Or maybe 10 plat for tax to every 1 player plat spent ratio for any BPs traded. I really advocate for DE to get paid. I do not advocate players getting cashed ingame currency through other players at all. I really think DE should get paid for their work. I just don't think allowing players to have a large economy of plat is a way to go.

this too, I agree with you. how about a fair amount of plat and credits as tax when trading primes? i don't about the other people but it sounds fair to me.

Exactly! "Just a game" to Game Jumpers. "Status symbols" to dedicated fans. You're absolutely right! ^.^

It's also just a game to people who play regularly and spend money but have other things to do in life and don't have time to grind their life away or chase meaningless status symbols.  People want to have fun.

It's also just a game to people who play regularly and spend money but have other things to do in life and don't have time to grind their life away or chase meaningless status symbols.  People want to have fun.

i've been following this topic for a while and I find this offensive.

DE don't care, once the platinum is bought it doesn't matter who has it, DE already have the money.

It doesn't matter where you spend it, on a mod, on player trading, on paying for taxis, it's not real money, the real money has already been banked.

I buy 1000 platinum from the market- DE gets £32.99 instantly I get a 1000 plat.

I spend the plat in the market- net result DE still have my £32.99 and I don't have any plat.

I spend a 1000 plat on trading - net result DE still have my £32.99 I don't have any play, but somebody else does.

The only time DE will care is if people buying platinum full stop, they don't care what happens to it after that.

i've been following this topic for a while and I find this offensive.

Why? Because you grind so that you have have a certain status among other players? Or because you are really offended by that characterization of people who grind? Or because of the possible characterization of people that don't pay money?

By the way, it's not rhetorical or sarcastic or meant to be offensive in any way. Those are the only three possible reasons I could see for why you'd be offended. I'd assume it's the last one, though.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

It's not that we don't want to trade, or that we just want to farm them. We want them to feel special, like we found something extremely rare that we have been searching for forever, and to know that we are one of the few that actually have the dedication to go out and find these weapons/warframes, and thus to truly feel like we earned these items, and if anyone else wants to go out and get these special, better versions of weaker gear, then they have to go through what we did to get it. Now, anyone with enough money can just buy these items that are supposed to be rare, and unique. That takes away the specialness of them, and really just makes them not feel prime anymore. Now, they just feel like any other old  weapon, just a bit more appealing to the eye, with a slight change in their behavior.

Prime gear is no longer a symbol of dedication and persistence. They're just any other item that you can pick up with a few bucks. In my opinion, that takes the prime out of them.

See I can understand that, but at the same time, those that area willing to pay so much for the platinum in general aren't less devoted but equally devoted to the game as those who want to work hard to get the item. Besides, most times farming the Orokin cells in general can be equally time consuming. If they are buying all the items through plat, they are supporting the DE team buy paying for items. If they are farming it, they are working towards the items like everyone else.

The recurring topic with platinum is "If someone has the money to contribute, but not the time, they should be able to enjoy the benefits of the game like anyone else."

A prime item is certainly stronger and more prestigious looking compared to other gear, but without the mods to make them reach full potential it acts like a regular piece of gear with a cooler finish. The true power of the gear comes from the way you use it and what you do to make it yours.

Your pride in an item you worked for yourself won't be diminished because someone else was able to buy it out. YOU worked to get it, so you feel proud in your gear. If someone bought it them self, they won't have that same sense of satisfaction knowing they didn't work for it.

Most people are only concerned with having them in the collection, not in using them for their benefit. They know full and well that it won't serve them well without working to upgrade the mods and their gear.

Do I think it's upsetting that someone can get a prime frame in 5 minutes by purchasing it compared to me farming for each piece? Yes, a little. But I won't stop people from doing it. I just have to work harder to prove that my individual skill and gear were well earned. Prime gear isn't what sets us apart from each other. It's the skill and effort with which we use it that separates the Good Tenno from the Great Tenno.

Market:Frost 375PL

Trading:Frost Prime 60PL

Irrational

it's all psychology. I'm pretty confident from reading these forums that the majority of warframe players are "white knights", aka not wanting to seem greedy/want to seem nice/are afraid to appear greedy/are afraid to risk losing their buyers.

There is no hard barrier stopping the players from turning a real profit by selling primes higher than market prices. The fact that everything is so astoundingly cheap perfectly fits my perception of the warframe community.

The irrationality stems from the players.

Not that I'm going to try and defend the market prices, dependantly or not. But they obviously provide a standard to which people instinctively compare market plat value.

the market is player-driven. Because of that the only rational blame is on the players who trade.

Edited by Legion-Shields