Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

If they were sufficiently expensive, yes, that would be fine, otherwise people can simply use them to exploit the trading market to effectively gain an endless supply of free platinum with ease.

Then again I suppose that may already be the case, and that platinum does have to come from somewhere.

Perhaps introduce a different breed of legendary cores that either require an absurd amount of credits equal to the ranks of a mod, or provides a set amount of ranks to a mod?

Sure, I had posted in the past about the idea of an "Orokin overcharger" that maxes mods. This is just the same thing.

There is nothing "difficult" about leveling Serration, it's just time consuming.

Letting people bypass that long grind is only fair if they already let a bunch of players skip that grind entirely anyway.

This guy also forgets that you can outright buy weapons and warframes in this game. You can already skip most of the grind.

That would be too over the top, for the platnium rich users. They could buy this, max out a Rare 10 mod & sell it on the market.. Thus, dominating and expanding their richness.

But then if it was buyable with plat, people would devalue a max rare10 mod as it would most likely be cheaper to buy a 0 rare + legendary core.

Besides, if one already has the plat to spend for a rare 10 mod, I'm pretty sure that someone would be interested to maximize it (platinum).

They're trying to learn from their mistake of not telling us the about the removal of Infested before doing so. Regardless of whether or not you agree with changes like that, everyone can agree that the need for transparency from DE is important.

If being transparent with your customers means giving them a heads up on every exploitable situation, then I rather they go back to being quiet. 

There is a reason, to get you to play the game. The "grind" is the game, but it is a fun grind. You can buy the prime gear, sure, but you still have to level it. You can buy random mods, but you still have to level them. You want your maxed out mod so bad? Go trade for it.

How ever, I can sympathize with the annoyingly grindy mods. I made a thread asking if these high level mods get dropped down a few levels, I feel rank 7 is a decent rank for some of these mods to be at. 7 still takes some work, but isn't as $&*&*#(%& grindy as rank 10...Doesn't rank 10 need like a million cores or some such? It gets $&*&*#(%& difficult.

That is an exaggeration. 

you need only a mere 500+ to rank 10 a Redirection or Vitality.

Then work it up from there for the Serration then rare Rank 10s.

What is bothering me about this is that if I choose to max my Hornet Strike or my Vitality instead of Steel Charge, because I intended to max that next, I lose out. People were basically rewarded for choosing a randomly enchanted mod that would eventually let you skip out on maxing two other pain in the &#! mods. It isn't gamebreaking and it isn't immoral. It's just a $&*^ move. It's giving away a great prize in a "choose your door" competition that nobody knew they were playing. Even the lotto makes you play to win. 

why is it a $&*^ move?

the aura gave way too many energy points, they fixed it, but had to conmpensate people in some way.

they gave an extremely generous compensation to the people that had that mod.

key word: compensation

not reward

what exactly do you want? you think they should have given those people a lesser reward? that doesnt help you in any way

you want that reward too? not gonna happen. you didnt have a high level mod rolled back, you dont get a compensation

you want them to roll back the reward? not gonna happen. people would get angry and DE or the players wouldnt get anything from it

im sorry, but i dont know what you want

I just earned 75K credits and 3 Fieldrons. How long does a Fieldron take to make? Is it 12 hours? So I just saved 36 hours of game time by playing the game for half an hour instead of sitting here complaining about how nobody gives me free stuff.  Ya'll might try it. :)

Yeah no S#&$, I already said I don't enjoy the grind and I don't find it admirable either. In fact your post has nothing to do with my main problem which is the fact that someone got to skip that damn grind while I got S#&$.

All I care about is the fairness of the "compensation" and right now I am not seeing any fairness.

the compensation is to the players. only the players that got the compensation can complain about it.

do you decide for other people? no.

So replace the old fusion cores in the shop. Sounds like the problem is solved. The rest is just subjective, I don't particularly care about the cost, but I think 100 is pretty reasonable.

If it is sold for cash shop, it should be a minimum of 400 plat.

Because you see, you do not spend any credits to max out the mod.

A maxed Heavy cal cost around 300 plat is factoring in the credit cost and time.

A single legendary core, does the same thing without a credit cost.

But the fact is, many legendary core players are already selling it at 325 to 350 plat and that is already under cutting themselves.

If it is sold for cash shop, it should be a minimum of 400 plat.

Because you see, you do not spend any credits to max out the mod.

A maxed Heavy cal cost around 300 plat is factoring in the credit cost and time.

A single legendary core, does the same thing without a credit cost.

But the fact is, many legendary core players are already selling it at 325 to 350 plat and that is already under cutting themselves.

Eh, think of it as a convenience fee. It's not meant to compete with the player market. And why would it matter if it crashed mod trading? People are still giving plat to DE, so it doesn't matter on their end.

Edited by Biscuithammer