The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Yeah. I read the post regarding Steel Charge early in the morning. I promptly went into trade to buy a couple Steel Charges for 20 plat each and proceeded to rank 5 of them to rank 6.

I now own 10 Legendary Cores.

Wouldn't it have been foolish for me to not take advantage of that while it was available? I really despise that it ever happened like this in the first place but I wasn't exactly going to sit back and conciously ignore it.

I and everyone else would have done the exact same thing. I don't know why people are blaming you guys who were at the right time and place to take advantage of the situation. Everyone should be blaming DE for this. They shouldn't have announced the compensation and just "sneak" it in after the update. That way no one was able to take advantage of it.

100 plat to buy a legendary core that's worth around 1200 cores? how about no.

i suspect legendary core was made for the apologies, and will never actually make it into the game where you can obtain them normally, or even through events.

Well we knew that legendary mods were coming anyway. A legendary fusion mod being a part of the game is only natural if there are other legendary mods due. Only I'd expect it to be a reward for future high level end-game content. Like, the the most hardcore of the end-game content. And it would have a pretty low drop chance. Considering you could just use it to instant max other legendary mods, it probably would be one of the hardest to get of the bunch.

Nobody is saying that, and that would be very bad move for DE.

But having Legendary mod here and there as event reward ( even as first 100 reward ) would be good.

Legendary items an event reward does not make.

Legendary mods would be something for the toughest of end game content.

you want a legendary core? i dont have one, and we wont get one.

also, why does it affect you wilingness to give DE money?

you still didnt answear the question. does that affect you that much?

it probably was my mistake. i meant to say "why does that affect you that much?"

This shows the lack of foresight on DE's part and after the last couple of updates, faith in DE and the game is deteriorating. That's why its affecting me that much. Its not about the compensation, it's the way they went about it. They made the situation ripe with exploitation and it came to fruitation.

Seems like DE just can't seem to find the middle ground on everything. Its either one extreme or the other.

Edited by birdei

I think they should be changed to only give one rank and be extremely god awfully rare.

Even that is op.

I think they should never exist again.

To many hackers/botters/exploiters could use them to control the market.

Last thing we need is to give them more tools to control the market over dedicated players.

This shows the lack of foresight on DE's part and after the last couple of updates, faith in DE and the game is deteriorating. That's why its affecting me that much. Its not about the compensation, it's the way they went about it. They made the situation ripe with exploitation and it came to fruitation.

Seems like DE just can't seem to find the middle ground on everything. Its either one extreme or the other.

Join me in gw2?

DE could just add a 5% chance of you getting 1 when you buy the Gold Fusion Core pack. Make it like a lottery.

Then again I would like to see future events with Legendary Core as a reward. Maxing Mods like Heavy Caliber and Blind Rage is already a pain with the credit crisis many of us are having.

DE could just add a 5% chance of you getting 1 when you buy the Gold Fusion Core pack. Make it like a lottery.

Then again I would like to see future events with Legendary Core as a reward. Maxing Mods like Heavy Caliber and Blind Rage is already a pain with the credit crisis many of us are having.

This I could live with that, but it might be a tad too "pay2win" if that will be the only way to obtain it.

Or at least let it share the same drop rate as a forma item in void or orokin derelict survivals / defence.

IE only 2%.

Edited by fatpig84

This I could live with that, but it might be a tad too "pay2win" if that will be the only way to obtain it.

Or at least let it share the same drop rate as a forma item in void or orokin derelict survivals / defence.

IE only 2%.

If you read the 3rd line

Then again I would like to see future events with Legendary Core as a reward

Then it's not P2W. Since you can get it without paying.