Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Ranger Warframe Up Next?

Hixlysss

All things considered, I think it's time we got a ranger warframe. I can't think of any other "role" needed to fill at the moment aside from perhaps a Leader.

I'm imagining something in a gillie suit, or perhaps something closer to Ghost from Blacklight: Retribution...And before people come in with "It says Banshee is the sniper" the Ranger idea I have in mind is a warframe focused around gunplay.

Tier 1 power, Mark of death: Target enemy(s) takes additional damage from physical damage. A weaker sonar, affects less targets, only affects physical damage.

Tier 2/3 power, Resupply and Calibrate: Resupply could work a couple ways, one way being it marks enemies an area and the will drop extra ammo, another being for a set duration you and/or your team mates weapons don't use ammo, or  it could just fill your ammo pool. Calibrate would buff all the stats on you or your team mates weapons for a certain amount of time, Accuracy, damage, fire rate, ect, all increased for X time by X%.

Tier 4 power, Bullet Hell: Again, a few ideas rolling in my head for this one. First off it could work like Ash's bladestorm, enemies in an area are marked and then shot to hell and back in a neat little animation sequence, the other way being your warframe being motionless and just shooting for a duration at that area.

I'll admit, these could probably use some work, but I'm eager to get feedback and to have people talking about what they would like to see in a Ranger or Gun play warframe.

I wouldn't mind seeing a skill on the Ranger frame removing recoil/ improving accuracy for a duration amount of time. It would also improve accuracy for the same time shot. Maybe reduce shotgun spread / damage falloff, or firing range for continuous weapons, and make bows and thrown weapons hitscan. Something like that

Edited by Balthar

It seems pretty neat, but I was thinking more akin to heroes like Hawkeye and Green Arrow where they have some special types of ammunition on their arrows. Your guns would still do regular damage, but have one special effect added to them for a period of time like special types of ammunition.

For the first ability maybe something like having a map wide buff you pin to the walls or floor and the more you place the higher the buff gets(Maybe like a damage or speed buff). Hitting an emeny with it temporarily doubles the buff until he dies then the special ammunition stays where the enemy died.

Then maybe we can have one that effects enemies like a stun or snare. Hit one enemy and it affects anything around the enemy including the one you shot.

After that, maybe a supercharge ability as a utility. Hit an ally and you will give them some sort of special buff like a energy boost(Would have to get a way to monitor energy on teammates though.).

Then finally for the ult it can be some sort of epic volley of bullets that spray a huge area of the map from above. The damage can be related to what you modded on the currently equipped gun you used with the volley.

As for the passive.......unlimited ammo when using the abilities? Would have to have very short duration on your abilities, but im sure it could be managed.

That how I feel the ranger or gunslinger type warframe in this game could be like. 

Sorry, Design Council had picked out the next few Frames, all of which (aside from Oberon) have been made in order of number of votes. Most likely won't be a "Ranger" Frame.

Looking back at that thread...Oberon was the "earth" one right? Zerphyr is the Hawk frame, valkyr is berserker. So it's open field now. A ranger can easily be the next warframe.

What about this:

1: Death Mark: 25 energy. Target enemy is marked, taking corrosive procs every few seconds, reducing armor, and takes 50% (effected by power strength) more damage. Upon death, the mark passes on to a random enemy near the target. The effected enemy glows brightly to inform your allies who to shoot.

2: Scavenge: Ammo refill, maybe give it a very minor heal as well (25, effected by power strength). 25-35 energy, power strength effects ammo restored. Effects you and allies within range.

3: Pack Hunter: You go invisible and gain an increased move and melee attack speed. Duration between Loki and Ash, 50 energy cost. In addition, allies within range are also stealthed for a few seconds (5?),

4: Favorable Winds. Weapons of you and your allies gain innate puncture, slightly faster attack speed, and increased damage (effected by power strength). Your weapons have unlimited ammo for the duration, not needing to even reload, and potentially gain passive effects:

-Bows and throwing knives shoot a fan of 3 arrows (maybe 5 charged?) when you attack, with one going as normal and the other 2-4 spreading out horizontally.

-Explosive weapons have no self damage and a high chance for a Blast proc

-Continuous weapons have a 25-33% longer range and infinite puncture (including against objects)

-Shotguns have no (or maybe just reduced) damage falloff

-Automatic rifles have their recoil reduced and spool-up eliminated (if they have one) and a moderate chance for an impact proc

-Projectile weapons fly faster

-Single-shot and burst rifles (and pistols) have increased multiplier on headshot or other weakpoints. Burst weapons have shortened burst delay (an individual burst is faster)

-Sniper rifles have their damage increased based on the distance to the target (reverse damage falloff), along with a hefty fire-rate boost. In addition, the infinite ammo means every bullet counts as the first in your clip.

-Weapons are silent

-More?

Instead of individual passives, your weapon could simply have inherent +200% multishot, with increased spread on the two new extra shots (not on any existing bullets from multishot mods, though).

Alternative 4: Feral Hunter: Enemies fear you. Any enemy near you is slowed by 25% and deals 50% less damage (maybe 33% but effected by power strength) and suffers much reduced accuracy. Instead of Pack Hunter giving an IMS, this gives you a movement speed boost. Killing an enemy adds 1 second to the duration of this ability (the ability is an aura around the caster) and causes any enemies within a short distance of your victim to cower in fear (short stun). You are immune to crowd control while this ability is active. This ability could grant unlimited ammo/no reloads just like Favorable Winds.

Passives: Silent Footsteps; you can sprint or walk normally without alerting enemies. Maybe something where Desert Skates (and any other neutral mobs) won't attack you unless you attack them (this would be flavorful without being powerful, which is nice). Maybe some kind of "camouflage" that makes it so enemies have a shorter sight range against you as well (like a ~15% reduction) to help with non-invisible stealth. Maybe a faster weapon switch speed (could be a part of one of her abilities as well)

125 health, 125 shield, ~100 armor (whatever the first step above average is), 100 base energy, 1.1 sprint speed. Maybe a 50% larger stamina bar than normal. Maybe give normal shields but a very fast shield recharge rate.

And yes, I think a Ranger frame would be really cool (if you couldn't tell). I definitely think a ranger frame should have some kind of stealth ability. I think I like the second ult I came up with better than the first one.

Edited by 00zau