Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

galusprofile_by_snaleking-d78r9ru.png

Galus received a ping from the armoury; his weapons were finished. 

He returned to the armoury, paying for and retrieving his gear without complication. The Cestra and Lanka had their barrels and firing pins replaced, with some cosmetic damage to their casing repaired as well. The Dakra required more specialized care, including expensive techniques to re-sharpen the extremely hard edge. As Galus ran his palm along the flat of the Dakra blade, he concluded it was worth every credit.

He was simply itching to test it, and unwilling to wait to be assigned to put down some grineer. "Convenient, then," he thought, "that this dojo has dueling facilities."

He brushed past a Valkyr on the way there, and caught up to Mag Prime heading to the dueling rooms.

"Tenno salve," he began with a formal greeting in a half-remembered language. " I am called Galus. Are you also visiting the duelling rooms?"

"Uhm... Yeah, just needed to test these out before I head into the Void again." said Lia. "My name's Lia."

She extended her hand as a sign of good will.

"Uhm... Yeah, just needed to test these out before I head into the Void again." said Lia. "My name's Lia."

She extended her hand as a sign of good will.

He shook her hand curtly, his long, bony fingers wrapping completely around the slight Mag's palm and wrist.

"I have some equipment to test as well, coincidentally. Would you accept my offer to duel?"

Galus' head was about level with Lia's, being atypically short and thin for a Frost. He immediately began analyzing possible strategies for a duel between them; both their shields would be less effective, though her magnetic force outclassed his cold. Between his unusually keen powers and speed, Galus would surely be able to strike first, but her ability to force enemies about telekinetically could serve to counter that.

An interesting matchup, to be sure. The outcome would surely be a close call, no matter what. Mags had intrinsic low durability beyond their potent shielding, but Galus had considerably below average toughness as well, especially for the normally robust Frosts. By his analysis, Galus concluded quick thinking would tip the match.

He shook her hand curtly, his long, bony fingers wrapping completely around the slight Mag's palm and wrist.

"I have some equipment to test as well, coincidentally. Would you accept my offer to duel?"

Galus' head was about level with Lia's, being atypically short and thin for a Frost. He immediately began analyzing possible strategies for a duel between them; both their shields would be less effective, though her magnetic force outclassed his cold. Between his unusually keen powers and speed, Galus would surely be able to strike first, but her ability to force enemies about telekinetically could serve to counter that.

An interesting matchup, to be sure. The outcome would surely be a close call, no matter what. Mags had intrinsic low durability beyond their potent shielding, but Galus had considerably below average toughness as well, especially for the normally robust Frosts. By his analysis, Galus concluded quick thinking would tip the match.

Lia smiled under her helmet as she kneeled at the dueling room's ring. The staff member in charge of starting gave them the signal to prepare to fight. She sent her sentinel beyond the ring's wall and waited patiently, studying Galus' weapons and equipment. "Interesting." she mused to herself, thinking about her loadout of weapons and abilities. "He's got strong shields like I do, so magnetic damage's the order of the day."

Lia smiled under her helmet as she kneeled at the dueling room's ring. The staff member in charge of starting gave them the signal to prepare to fight. She sent her sentinel beyond the ring's wall and waited patiently, studying Galus' weapons and equipment. "Interesting." she mused to herself, thinking about her loadout of weapons and abilities. "He's got strong shields like I do, so magnetic damage's the order of the day."

The staff gave the signal to begin.

Galus' Squall helmet spun to a blur as he focused his energy, creating a giant snow globe that filled almost the whole dueling room. He took his time drawing his Dakra in his left, dominant hand, while wielding the Cestra in his right.

"It's up to you," he stated coldly, leveling the Cestra at Lia, "Stay with your back against the wall outside the globe, trying to wear it down before I peg you. Or, approach me in melee while you can hardly move." Galus spun up the Cestra, preparing for maximum rate of fire. Whatever her response, he was ready.

Edited by SnaleKing

A small layer of snow formed around Corvo as he meditated and slept, but then he shaked his head and looked about, noticing he was alone -aside from Sparrow- he got off from his Rock slowly and proceeded to Exit the meditation chamber. The cold it seemed improved his inner mood and made him more at peace with himself.

What a Curious place Thought the Nekros, Peering over as the Frost and the Mag Prime walked their way. Corvo Shaked his head "The Young of today's world." He peered at the signs and he proceeds to ask the Valkyr that walked by with a curious voice 

"Excuse me young Tenno, Are the bathing Springs online?"

Edited by Drakeardian

A small layer of snow formed around Corvo as he meditated and slept, but then he shaked his head and looked about, noticing he was alone -aside from Sparrow- he got off from his Rock slowly and proceeded to Exit the meditation chamber. The cold it seemed improved his inner mood and made him more at peace with himself.

What a Curious place Thought the Nekros, Peering over as the Frost and the Mag Prime walked their way. Corvo Shaked his head "The Young of today's world." He peered at the signs and he proceeds to ask the Valkyr that walked by with a curious voice 

"Excuse me young Tenno, Are the bathing Springs online?"

*The Valkyr, who she herself had found the time to do her garden tending turned and nodded* "In the central park there'll be a bathhouse with different private and public pools and springs for use" *After she directed the nekros she went back to her gardening, trimming leaves and wayward stems, and fertilizing the flowers and such to keep the gardens natural beauty thriving*

Edited by SoundwavePrime

Corvo, somewhat surprised at the Valkyr's politeness and self control, nodded in a thankful manner and proceeds onward to the park, stopping for a moment at the dealing rooms with a perked eyebrow as he observed the Snow-globe encasing the Mag Prime and the Frost. 

Hm, The park can wait. it'll be interesting to see how these two fight. thought the Nekros and takes a seat by the side as he proceeds to watch the oncoming brutality 

Corvo, somewhat surprised at the Valkyr's politeness and self control, nodded in a thankful manner and proceeds onward to the park, stopping for a moment at the dealing rooms with a perked eyebrow as he observed the Snow-globe encasing the Mag Prime and the Frost. 

Hm, The park can wait. it'll be interesting to see how these two fight. thought the Nekros and takes a seat by the side as he proceeds to watch the oncoming brutality 

Galus observed Lia weighing her options, and performed a quick flourish with his blade.

"Mia cara, I do hope you choose melee. The Dakra Prime is the pinnacle of longsword design, all others a mere shadow of its perfection; believe me, I've tried. An ancient and simple weapon, in this advanced and chaotic age, but it has survived the test of time with unsurpassed elegance. If we fall to you, it will be from a deficiency of my own skill, but I aspire to uphold this blade's unmatched legacy."

The staff gave the signal to begin.

Galus' Squall helmet spun to a blur as he focused his energy, creating a giant snow globe that filled almost the whole dueling room. He took his time drawing his Dakra in his left, dominant hand, while wielding the Cestra in his right.

"It's up to you," he stated coldly, leveling the Cestra at Lia, "Stay with your back against the wall outside the globe, trying to wear it down before I peg you. Or, approach me in melee while you can hardly move." Galus spun up the Cestra, preparing for maximum rate of fire. Whatever her response, he was ready.

"I don't really need to move." she said, drawing her Akbronco Primes and walking to the globe's edge before using shield polarise while firing all 6 rounds of corrosively charged pellets into Galus by poking the barrels of the handheld shotguns through the globe.

Edited by MetroFallout

Serene found herself in the dojo gardens within minutes of arriving on station. It wasn't as if the rest of the dojo didn't interest her, this part just interested her the most. After all, it was a garden and the trinity loved nature in most of its forms. She wasn't out of attire as CQ drifted about lazily above her head as if running its own relay to keep in shape. The trinity had her Akvastos, Vectis, and Orthos Prime as her equipment. Even if she has almost no motivation to use them this day, relaxation and enjoyment was her goal.

For the most part, her gaze was locked on the ground with each step as she moved along the pre-made path, guiding herself deeper into the garden before she simply wandered off onto the actual soil. She sat down mere feet from the path and sprawled herself out to gaze at the roof.

With a sigh of bliss she tuned out the world around her and shut her eyes as she just listened to the area around her.

Serene found herself in the dojo gardens within minutes of arriving on station. It wasn't as if the rest of the dojo didn't interest her, this part just interested her the most. After all, it was a garden and the trinity loved nature in most of its forms. She wasn't out of attire as CQ drifted about lazily above her head as if running its own relay to keep in shape. The trinity had her Akvastos, Vectis, and Orthos Prime as her equipment. Even if she has almost no motivation to use them this day, relaxation and enjoyment was her goal.

For the most part, her gaze was locked on the ground with each step as she moved along the pre-made path, guiding herself deeper into the garden before she simply wandered off onto the actual soil. She sat down mere feet from the path and sprawled herself out to gaze at the roof.

With a sigh of bliss she tuned out the world around her and shut her eyes as she just listened to the area around her.

*With her eyes locked on the ground she would unwittingly bump into someone and hear a splash shortly after. It appears she bumped into a valkyr and knocked her into the small creek flowing through the room, the valkyr herself only seemed to have a pair of small garden shears and dons the purple star symbol designating her as a staff member*

*With her eyes locked on the ground she would unwittingly bump into someone and hear a splash shortly after. It appears she bumped into a valkyr and knocked her into the small creek flowing through the room, the valkyr herself only seemed to have a pair of small garden shears and dons the purple star symbol designating her as a staff member*

It seems her plans to relax were skewed by her own hand. There were worse things that she could have done inadvertently, but as she knelt by the creek and offered a hand to pull the valkyr out of the water, she couldn't think of many.

"Oh hell, my fault, totally didn't see you there. I'll help you up!"

Serene was stronger than she looked so it'd be easy to help the valkyr up to her feet once she actually had a hold on the woman.

"I don't really need to move." she said, drawing her Akbronco Primes and walking to the globe's edge before using shield polarise while firing all 6 rounds of corrosively charged pellets into Galus by poking the barrels of the handheld shotguns through the globe.

"Nng-!" The shields were instantly cut in half by shield polarize, with the remainder shredded by the hail of corrosive pellets. "Docta puella," Galus winced as the acid burned through his frame, but grinned beneath his helmet; her merciless assault had left her stationary. "But not clever enough." Before she could reload her pistols, he cast a bolt of freezing energy, instantly immobilizing Lia.

"You're completely immobile for, oh, I don't know, fifteen seconds or so." He walked to the frozen Mag Prime and touched the tip of his Dakra to her throat. "Your vocals aren't frozen though; you're free to admit defeat."

"Nng-!" The shields were instantly cut in half by shield polarize, with the remainder shredded by the hail of corrosive pellets. "Docta puella," Galus winced as the acid burned through his frame, but grinned beneath his helmet; her merciless assault had left her stationary. "But not clever enough." Before she could reload her pistols, he cast a bolt of freezing energy, instantly immobilizing Lia.

"You're completely immobile for, oh, I don't know, fifteen seconds or so." He walked to the frozen Mag Prime and touched the tip of his Dakra to her throat. "Your vocals aren't frozen though; you're free to admit defeat."

"Clever, very clever." she said, laughing. "I'd clap to applaud your resourcefulness but unfortunately I can't move right now." Lia focused her energy to maintain her body temperature. "Either way, if you think I'm helpless because I'm frozen... You'd be partially right."

Using her mental control of magnetic forces, she dropped the floating parts of her Frame that served as restraining bolts to her power. With the pieces dropped, she obtained enough power to wrestle the dakra from his hand and lodge it firmly in the ring's floor.

Edited by MetroFallout

"Clever, very clever." she said, laughing. "I'd clap to applaud your resourcefulness but unfortunately I can't move right now." Lia focused her energy to maintain her body temperature. "Either way, if you think I'm helpless because I'm frozen... You'd be partially right."

Using her mental control of magnetic forces, she dropped the floating parts of her Frame that served as restraining bolts to her power. With the pieces dropped, she obtained enough power to wrestle the dakra from his hand and lodge it firmly in the ring's floor.

Galus knew the Dakra would be irretrievable, sunk far into the dojo's floor. He could not help but let anger touch his icy heart; that weapon was his life. "Stulta adulescena, from one caster to another, it's unwise to remove those safeguards," his hands twisted into claws, the temperature of the small arena dropping critically into the low Kelvins. "But if you're going to raise, I'll call it!" Galus shouted as long, razor-sharp ice crystals shot out of the ground and walls, jabbing pinpricks into the mag prime's thin frame.

He used one of the last shreds of his energy to re-freeze the Mag's ice tomb. "I'd hate to compromise your new frame's integrity, especially since your blood would freeze instantly. Can-" he flinched as his Squall inhibitor ring stuttered- "can we call this?"

It seems her plans to relax were skewed by her own hand. There were worse things that she could have done inadvertently, but as she knelt by the creek and offered a hand to pull the valkyr out of the water, she couldn't think of many.

"Oh hell, my fault, totally didn't see you there. I'll help you up!"

Serene was stronger than she looked so it'd be easy to help the valkyr up to her feet once she actually had a hold on the woman.

*Stands up, her annoyance very clear as she swats away the help* "I'm fine!" *she says with annoyance* "I'm fine." *She says a second time slightly calmer, she takes a deep breath* "I'm fine" *She says now almost monotone* "Just...please watch where you're going"

*Stands up, her annoyance very clear as she swats away the help* "I'm fine!" *she says with annoyance* "I'm fine." *She says a second time slightly calmer, she takes a deep breath* "I'm fine" *She says now almost monotone* "Just...please watch where you're going"

Serene flinched as her hand was swatted aside, she retreated a step for the valkyr to have some room to stand, and just because a safe distance seemed like a good idea.

"Sorry, was a bit overwhelmed by visiting the garden of another...I'll be more careful.....sorry." She commented as soon as the valkyr had finished.

Serene awkwardly shuffled back a bit, the mellow mood that she had before a thing of the past. Undisturbed by all of this was her dethcube, CQ, as it hovered laps about her head. "To make it up to you," She began, calming herself, "is there anything I could possibly assist with?"

*Takes another deep breath, her voice calmer* "No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have reacted like that, you're a guest here. But if you would like I need to re-lay out the stones for the creek. You can do that if you like."

*A shade wearing a lotus mask comes out from the tree and picks up the garden shears for the Valkyr. She takes them and nods to her little assistant before turning back to the trinity* "My name is Fae by the way"

*Takes another deep breath, her voice calmer* "No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have reacted like that, you're a guest here. But if you would like I need to re-lay out the stones for the creek. You can do that if you like."

*A shade wearing a lotus mask comes out from the tree and picks up the garden shears for the Valkyr. She takes them and nods to her little assistant before turning back to the trinity* "My name is Fae by the way"

Serene was at least a little surprise as the valkyr went from irritated to dismissive, but at the request Serene just nodded and carefully moved to the edge to first see what the stone of the creek were like before attempting to re-lay them.

Despite the fact Fae wouldn't be able to see her smile, she still did so as she nodded and gave a short bow. "Nice to meet you Fae, I am Serene." CQ stopped his incessant swirling to focus on the shade. Meanwhile, as the trinity began to work she asked. "So, do you know the story behind this dojo? How long it has been here?"

Galus knew the Dakra would be irretrievable, sunk far into the dojo's floor. He could not help but let anger touch his icy heart; that weapon was his life. "Stulta adulescena, from one caster to another, it's unwise to remove those safeguards," his hands twisted into claws, the temperature of the small arena dropping critically into the low Kelvins. "But if you're going to raise, I'll call it!" Galus shouted as long, razor-sharp ice crystals shot out of the ground and walls, jabbing pinpricks into the mag prime's thin frame.

He used one of the last shreds of his energy to re-freeze the Mag's ice tomb. "I'd hate to compromise your new frame's integrity, especially since your blood would freeze instantly. Can-" he flinched as his Squall inhibitor ring stuttered- "can we call this?"

"I'm not done yet!" she exclaimed, pulling him to the ground and tearing his dakra free from the ring's floor and stabbing it into the ground mere nanometres from his face as rivulets of her blood trickled down her body. "A-are you going to surrender?" she stuttered, shivering involuntarily from both the cold and pain.

"I'm not done yet!" she exclaimed, pulling him to the ground and tearing his dakra free from the ring's floor and stabbing it into the ground mere nanometres from his face as rivulets of her blood trickled down her body. "A-are you going to surrender?" she stuttered, shivering involuntarily from both the cold and pain.

"ANATHEMA FORNICARIA!" Galus screeched in rage. His Lanka snapped into his hands with hardly a thought, and with a swift, heartless swing, smashed her icy tomb open with the back of the rifle. The capacitors charged in less than a second, ample time for Galus to pin the small, stunned tenno with his foot and level the lethal weapon at the nape of her neck. His finger slackened on the trigger for a moment; then with a start, the Squall inhibitor re-engaged.

With mounting horror, he tossed the Lanka aside and stepped off Lia, offering his hand. "M-mea apologeticam habes- I surrender." 

Serene sighs, but doesn't turn to look to Fae, instead keeping up with her task. "That's a bit disappointing to be honest. Too much is floating around that I don't know where it came from..."

She works in silence for a few moments before again posing a new question, "So, how easy is it to work here. Not interested in the slightest in working here, just curious of the work load. Doesn't look like a tough job."

"ANATHEMA FORNICARIA!" Galus screeched in rage. His Lanka snapped into his hands with hardly a thought, and with a swift, heartless swing, smashed her icy tomb open with the back of the rifle. The capacitors charged in less than a second, ample time for Galus to pin the small, stunned tenno with his foot and level the lethal weapon at the nape of her neck. His finger slackened on the trigger for a moment; then with a start, the Squall inhibitor re-engaged.

With mounting horror, he tossed the Lanka aside and stepped off Lia, offering his hand. "M-mea apologeticam habes- I surrender."

She laughed while lying on the ground. "No need to surrender. You've won. I admit defeat." She said springing to her feet, re-energized by the staff member regenerating both their health and energy. She walked towards his Dakra and pulled it out of the ground with a flourish. She eyed the condition of his sword before handing it back. "How much do I owe you for re-sharpening your Dakra?" Edited by MetroFallout

Serene sighs, but doesn't turn to look to Fae, instead keeping up with her task. "That's a bit disappointing to be honest. Too much is floating around that I don't know where it came from..."

She works in silence for a few moments before again posing a new question, "So, how easy is it to work here. Not interested in the slightest in working here, just curious of the work load. Doesn't look like a tough job."

*She shrugs again* It's not that difficult, we're notoriously secure and no one would really try and mess with the Tenno on their own station, so secruity mostly involves just meandering about creating a presence