Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

46 grueling seconds seeming like an eternity has passed as the battle raged on, with neither side showing any signs of giving up. A small careless moment, where Evanescence's blade counter-attack failed to connect, and the Loki threw up an arm to defend himself as one of the Ichors burrowed itself deep into his chest. Smirking at the lifeless body of the Loki before her, Serenity seemed to be the victor, and everything in that moment seemed to be over.

"Got you." Serenity jerked from the voice. But it was too late. An invisible force pierced through her from behind, materializing into the Skana wielded by the Trickster. The "Evanescence" she stabbed faded away. "That was a close one," Evanescence remarked. "When I threw up my hand, I barely had time to cast a decoy and switch teleport with it before your blade stabbed me. To force me into such a corner, you truly are... A formidable foe." The skana has pierced right through Serenity, thus she was unable to molt and escape. Losing strength, she collapsed to her knees, using an ichor to support herself. "Fine, you win. Next time, I won't go easy on you. Mark my words, Evanescence." said Serenity, before succumbing to her wounds and collapsing. Not dead, as he missed a vital spot on purpose. Removing the blade, Evanescence fiddled through the internal limbo which is his storage before materializing healing nanites to treat his rival. Glancing outside, he noticed the Valkyr, watching intently. "You again, huh. Fae. Nice to see you again."

Edited by X3Evanescence

*Fae stands silently, at this point he could glimpse the purple sun symbol synonymous with the staff at the Dojo. She steps into the ring* "I could say the same." *She says stoically before sitting down on her knees in the center ring, her sign of a challenge. She however doesn't even look armed with anything but her claws*

Edited by SoundwavePrime

Chuckling, Evanescence walks over to Fae. "I see." Serenity calmly walked over to the sidelines, while Evanescence walked over to the other side. "Those claws. Embodiment of a Valkyr's ferocity, said to be the ultimate weapon, allowing one to ignore pain while simultaneously providing self-healing and life leech. Quite the threat... Hm. Alright, I accept your challenge." he declared as he knelt down as well. A battle between melee. "For respect, I shall use my Fang Prime." He remarked as he drew a pair of ornately designed, beautiful blades.

*Nods her head as a digital voice detects the two of them in place and begins counting down "3...2....1 start." *With that Fae stands and lets out a shout in rage, her claws are surrounded with energy gauntlets as she begins swinging with wild accuracy. Her reckless swings powerful enough to punch through the hull of a Grineer Galleon*

Edited by SoundwavePrime

*Nods her head as a digital voice detects the two of them in place and begins counting down "3...2....1 start." *With that Fae stands and lets out a shout in rage, her claws are surrounded with energy gauntlets as she begins swinging with wild accuracy. Her reckless swings powerful enough to punch through the hull of a Grineer Galleon*

It is just the beginning of the battle, and Fae has already unleashed her wrath. Evanescence darted and wielded his Fang Prime with astounding speed, blocking her poorly aimed, but lethal strikes one after another. If a single hit connects, it will be over.

The Loki conserved his energy by staying on the defensive, skillfully dodging blow after blow. "Letting forth Hysteria so early in the match, reckless as the Berserker Warframe you are, aren't you... But the prowess is nonetheless impressive." Evanescence said casually as he blocked another swing of the deadly claws. As each second passed as though it is an eternity, Evanescence gritted his teeth as he parried her relentless attacks. At long last, he had succeeded in his plan- to stall out Hysteria. Hysteria is but a temporary power that strains one's energy economy greatly, leaving the frame vulnerable. Now that Fae's Hysteria has expired, it is time to initiate his counter-attack.

Edited by X3Evanescence

It is just the beginning of the battle, and Fae has already unleashed her wrath. Evanescence darted and wielded his Fang Prime with astounding speed, blocking her poorly aimed, but lethal strikes one after another. If a single hit connects, it will be over.

The Loki conserved his energy by staying on the defensive, skillfully dodging blow after blow. "Letting forth Hysteria so early in the match, reckless as the Berserker Warframe you are, aren't you... But the prowess is nonetheless impressive." Evanescence said casually as he blocked another swing of the deadly claws. As each second passed as though it is an eternity, Evanescence gritted his teeth as he parried her relentless attacks. At long last, he had succeeded in his plan- to stall out Hysteria. Hysteria is but a temporary power that strains one's energy economy greatly, leaving the frame vulnerable. Now that Fae's Hysteria has expired, it is time to initiate his counter-attack.

*It is the moment her Hysteria expires that she pulls a trick from her sleeve. She shouts once more, a burst of energy would strike Evanescence just as he begins to try his counterattack. At the cost of her personal shields a wave of paralysis bursts forth, the force strong enough to scramble his systems and daze him. In his dazed state she would strike him with a series of punches and claws and while not in Hysteria her strength is still very clearly a force to be reckoned with*

*It is the moment her Hysteria expires that she pulls a trick from her sleeve. She shouts once more, a burst of energy would strike Evanescence just as he begins to try his counterattack. At the cost of her personal shields a wave of paralysis bursts forth, the force strong enough to scramble his systems and daze him. In his dazed state she would strike him with a series of punches and claws and while not in Hysteria her strength is still very clearly a force to be reckoned with*

Totally unexpecting it to take such a direct hit, Evanescence struggled to restore his systems as the Valkyr did not hesitate to continue her offensive onslaught. Despite weakened from the after-effects of Hysteria, her strength was not one to be trifled with. Taking a few hits before recovering, The Loki retreated a few steps, analyzing the flow of her movements, before moving in to strike at the blind spots. She remained unfazed from the pain, even though his blades grazed her flesh, credit to her armor, as she attacked again and again, soon forcing Evanescence back on the defensive.

"This is bad," He noticed as he performed a low sweep to knock her off her feet before retreating again to get some breathing room. From the situation, she have exhausted her energy supplies, and is almost at the end of her strength. Evanescence is also at his limit too, which means that this will be the final, deciding attack. Just as they were about to lunge, the Digital Voice halted the battle, and declared it a draw, as the 60 second timer has elapsed. "Good match, Fae. Your rashness reminds me of my old companion," Evanescence panted, as he held out a hand as a gesture of friendship.

Totally unexpecting it to take such a direct hit, Evanescence struggled to restore his systems as the Valkyr did not hesitate to continue her offensive onslaught. Despite weakened from the after-effects of Hysteria, her strength was not one to be trifled with. Taking a few hits before recovering, The Loki retreated a few steps, analyzing the flow of her movements, before moving in to strike at the blind spots. She remained unfazed from the pain, even though his blades grazed her flesh, credit to her armor, as she attacked again and again, soon forcing Evanescence back on the defensive.

"This is bad," He noticed as he performed a low sweep to knock her off her feet before retreating again to get some breathing room. From the situation, she have exhausted her energy supplies, and is almost at the end of her strength. Evanescence is also at his limit too, which means that this will be the final, deciding attack. Just as they were about to lunge, the Digital Voice halted the battle, and declared it a draw, as the 60 second timer has elapsed. "Good match, Fae. Your rashness reminds me of my old companion," Evanescence panted, as he held out a hand as a gesture of friendship.

*Fae pants in her corner and nods slightly* Not many...survive my rage. *She prefers to offer him a bow of respect than a handshake.* "Come, a good fight deserves rest, yes?" *She says motioning him and his friend to follow her towards the refreshment area*

Harmony at last. His focus had been achieved.

Now it was time to move on again and so Cassus rose to his feet and departed from the quiet spot in the gardens and passed along a pond where a Trinity tended to Sentinel younglings. Several small bronze statues dotted the winter landscape and were placed upon a rock altar beneath crimson seedlings. Ancient arch-ways gave way to red bark bridges over streams of simulated river water. The lushness of this land was an utter falsehood but the creation of it was beautiful nonetheless. As merciless destroyers they still had care enough for their surroundings.

Finally he arrived at the markets where it bustled with traders and merchants alike sharing their wares and exchanging at whatever tariff agreed upon by the master's of this place. What Cassus was looking for was payment for the worker to enhance his Skana and Warframe. His previous missions to the outer worlds had provided him with treasures was sought after by many but not considered actual currency.

Now to find someone to purchase his wears.

Harmony at last. His focus had been achieved.

Now it was time to move on again and so Cassus rose to his feet and departed from the quiet spot in the gardens and passed along a pond where a Trinity tended to Sentinel younglings. Several small bronze statues dotted the winter landscape and were placed upon a rock altar beneath crimson seedlings. Ancient arch-ways gave way to red bark bridges over streams of simulated river water. The lushness of this land was an utter falsehood but the creation of it was beautiful nonetheless. As merciless destroyers they still had care enough for their surroundings.

Finally he arrived at the markets where it bustled with traders and merchants alike sharing their wares and exchanging at whatever tariff agreed upon by the master's of this place. What Cassus was looking for was payment for the worker to enhance his Skana and Warframe. His previous missions to the outer worlds had provided him with treasures was sought after by many but not considered actual currency.

Now to find someone to purchase his wears.

*Cassus would find several trading posts occupied by several different individuals. There's also a general store that buys, sells, and trades items. Someone would most likely buy what treasures he may have on him and it would probably be more than enough to cover the cost of his previously acquired services*

Edited by SoundwavePrime

It is unusual for me to come here but I do it anyway. I am a former grineer sniper but I slipped up on my job when I shot my officer in the face. I stay here whenever I can because it bothers me to always be watched over by the creepy security setinals but they do prove a point our kind has done terrible things to them and they have to take precaution. I spend most of my time in the firing range and training course because I want to keep my inner soldier self intact but you got to say these tenno guns are quite impressive. I turn to leave but then something caught my eye.

Edited by mercenaryfighter2947

It is unusual for me to come here but I do it anyway. I am a former grineer sniper but I slipped up on my job when I shot my officer in the face. I stay here whenever I can because it bothers me to always be watched over by the creepy security setinals but they do prove a point our kind has done terrible things to them and they have to take precaution. I spend most of my time in the firing range and training course because I want to keep my inner soldier self intact but you got to say these tenno guns are quite impressive. I turn to leave but then something caught my eye.

*The Valkyr  exits the dueling rooms, her offer turned down as she makes a round of patrol through the practice halls, her eye catches the rouge grinner with intrigue.* "And what business does a Grineer have in our Dojo?" * she says with a combination tone of impatience and curiosity. The purple sun on her shoulder indicates she's apart of the staff*

His attention turns to a small stand of a small time trader with a desperate look.

Cassus approaches and gets noted by the trader and both share a Tenno salute to begin the meeting. He falls to his knees and looks over the wares which are all at an extremely low price with is likely due to their rather concerning state. Most goods are either half-broken or rendered defunct.

"I seek credits and platinum... I will give thee oxium, orokin cells, mutagen and fieldrons in exchange... Do we have an agreement?"

Hopefully the fact that Cassus has so much rare materials won't be noted. Unlike most of his brethren whom have an almost obsessive need to collect everything he has built up his Warframe and weapons to become the best they can. He intends to continue that until he is the most powerful Tenno in the Origin System.

Meanwhile, in her own private room, a Mag was swapping out her old frame for the more powerful Mag Prime frame that she had paid the Dojo's technicians build for her using the blueprints and materials she found. "Sad to see the old one go but I need more power to deal with the Corpus. This new frame's got the power I need." she said to herself quietly, looking at the frame itself hung up on the wall in the stripping machine. "And I must say, it looks decent too, apart from the helmet... Probably should be able to get it changed, still quite fond of the old helmet..." She stepped into the machine and stood still as it worked, wrapping the Prime frame around her. She told the machine by voice to change the default helmet of the Prime frame to that of her old one and it obliged, putting the glassy helmet back onto her head after recolouring it to match the frame. The familiar panoramic view of her old helmet was comforting. She felt a jolt of electricity that coursed through her momentarily after the machine finished and started booting up her systems, making her shudder in pain. Taking a deep breath, she purged the residual pain by exhaling. "Now to check on whether or not my new weapons are complete." she said to herself, opening the door and heading towards the dojo's foundry.

Once she was at the foundry, all she saw was sentinels floating around carrying miscellaneous parts and pieces. One of the staff members looked up from his console and saw her. "Hold on. Who are you?" he asked. The Mag blinked behind her helmet.

"Oh I'm sorry. I just changed to this frame. I've got my identification here though." she said, handing him her identification core.

"Ah. It's you Lia. I heard you found some rare old Orokin blueprints for your class of frame." said the staff member.

Lia nodded. "I need to head inside to check on my weapons, can I go in now?" she asked, taking her identification core back.

"Yup, just head on in and keep that identification core around your neck. I'll let them know you're coming." said the staff member, pressing a button to open the door for her.

"Thanks." she said, heading into the foundry.

Galus had heard enthusiastic stories this Grand Dojo, mostly from eavesdropping on tenno he'd stumbled across in the field. One was even kind enough to offer the reclusive Frost the coordinates, before they could think to ask how long Galus had been following them.

It had taken a bit of explaining to get his Corpus-designed shuttle past the Dojo's security, but a video feed of his ship's interior, showing that he was indeed a tenno, cleared up the misunderstanding.

Now, Galus admired the architecture of the Orokin-inspired structure, the organic curves and elegant design far more graceful than the utilitarian aesthetic of the Corpus- the change of scenery from the Outer Terminus was more than welcome. Nonetheless, he kept one hand resting on the pommel of the Dakra at his right, and idly spun the chamber of his Cestra with the other. Since he fought Grineer almost exclusively, there was no logical reason to use anything else; and besides, he liked them. To improve their effectiveness, he constantly improved the Corpus-made weapons with Orokin technology, by now their composition more Forma than anything else. Unfortunately, Galus' paranoid but untrained maintenance was insufficient to offset the sheer amount of use his weapons suffered. Hopefully, more talented tenno artisans would be able to restore his beloved tools to pristine shape. 

Ith, the wary Wyrm always on Galus' right, chittered a heads-up. Another Frost stood at the opposite end of the corridor, sporting the purple emblem that designated him as staff. The Frost was taller and bulkier than Galus, though that was true for most of them; Galus, in his matte black, blue, and cyan-accented frame, was considerably more gaunt than most of his kind. He relied on his more potent speed and cryomancy in combat. This did wear on Galus' psyche, making him into a compulsive plotter; immediately upon entering the Dojo, Galus had begun crafting a complex escape plan; not that he needed to escape, but, you know, just in case.

Galus' scheming was interrupted by Ith chattering again, reminding him why he came here. After briefly gathering his thoughts, and double-checking his weapons (just in case) he approached the staff Frost, intending to find where to repair his gear.

Galus had heard enthusiastic stories this Grand Dojo, mostly from eavesdropping on tenno he'd stumbled across in the field. One was even kind enough to offer the reclusive Frost the coordinates, before they could think to ask how long Galus had been following them.

It had taken a bit of explaining to get his Corpus-designed shuttle past the Dojo's security, but a video feed of his ship's interior, showing that he was indeed a tenno, cleared up the misunderstanding.

Now, Galus admired the architecture of the Orokin-inspired structure, the organic curves and elegant design far more graceful than the utilitarian aesthetic of the Corpus- the change of scenery from the Outer Terminus was more than welcome. Nonetheless, he kept one hand resting on the pommel of the Dakra at his right, and idly spun the chamber of his Cestra with the other. Since he fought Grineer almost exclusively, there was no logical reason to use anything else; and besides, he liked them. To improve their effectiveness, he constantly improved the Corpus-made weapons with Orokin technology, by now their composition more Forma than anything else. Unfortunately, Galus' paranoid but untrained maintenance was insufficient to offset the sheer amount of use his weapons suffered. Hopefully, more talented tenno artisans would be able to restore his beloved tools to pristine shape. 

Ith, the wary Wyrm always on Galus' right, chittered a heads-up. Another Frost stood at the opposite end of the corridor, sporting the purple emblem that designated him as staff. The Frost was taller and bulkier than Galus, though that was true for most of them; Galus, in his matte black, blue, and cyan-accented frame, was considerably more gaunt than most of his kind. He relied on his more potent speed and cryomancy in combat. This did wear on Galus' psyche, making him into a compulsive plotter; immediately upon entering the Dojo, Galus had begun crafting a complex escape plan; not that he needed to escape, but, you know, just in case.

Galus' scheming was interrupted by Ith chattering again, reminding him why he came here. After briefly gathering his thoughts, and double-checking his weapons (just in case) he approached the staff Frost, intending to find where to repair his gear.

*The over sized Tenno snapped out of whatever daze he was in, he stood arms crossed with his trusted Galatine on his back. It would seem the security staff is very relaxed around here, perhaps because they know most fellow Tenno don't tolerate trouble makers inside this sanctuary for too long. He turns to the smaller Frost and with a nod says,* "The foundry at the opposite end of the park, just follow the signs and you'll eventually see it" 

*The over sized Tenno snapped out of whatever daze he was in, he stood arms crossed with his trusted Galatine on his back. It would seem the security staff is very relaxed around here, perhaps because they know most fellow Tenno don't tolerate trouble makers inside this sanctuary for too long. He turns to the smaller Frost and with a nod says,* "The foundry at the opposite end of the park, just follow the signs and you'll eventually see it" 

Galus nodded his thanks to the courteous guard, and proceeded to the foundry.

The area was thrumming with activity, with specialized sentinels floating overhead between stations, and sparks fly from repair and crafting stations.

With a cursory examination of the area, Galus spots a Mag prime conversing with a staff member, and an available foundry staff past them. He slips past the occupied tenno, and places his weapons on the open foundry counter.

"I'd like these repaired of damage; most is wear and tear, so some components need to be replaced. As far as payment-" Galus sets down a datachip- "this contains my necessary account details and contact information. Credits aren't an issue. When they're done, or if there's any complications, contact me and I'll be over as soon as possible." Galus gave a brief, slightly awkward bow, and left without waiting for the tenno's reply.

A cold draft drifted by Galus' feet, and following it led him to a sanctuary.in the main park. It was a secluded den, with room for two tenno to meditate, but currently empty. Galus knelt, stirring a cloud of powdery snow about him. Water snow was nonexistent in more extreme conditions, ice instead taking the form of solid sheets or giant crystalline structures. To pass the time until his gear was finished, Galus decided to meditate on the nature of extreme and moderate, ice and snow, tenno and humans, war and balance. Ith floated to the ground, blowing a small flurry about itself, then powered off.

*The Valkyr  exits the dueling rooms, her offer turned down as she makes a round of patrol through the practice halls, her eye catches the rouge grinner with intrigue.* "And what business does a Grineer have in our Dojo?" * she says with a combination tone of impatience and curiosity. The purple sun on her shoulder indicates she's apart of the staff*

As I hear a soft mutter as I turn I see a valkyr walk past me. Noticing her purple sun badge she is a staff member. Urging my body to not punch her in the face I walk away. Even though I always try I cannot forget about my dear friend Comp that is still serving in the grineer marines. I find a piece of paper and write a swift note to him not sure if they even allowed it.

Corvo heard of the Dojo many times, although in his cold, old and more cynical mood tells him just to forget about it and move on, he follows his younger,curious side for once and decides to take a moment to take a look at the place.

The Nekros arrived at the Dojo with a disabled Ether Reaper as he uses it as a walking staff of sorts. he looks around at the scenery, impressed at it's craftsmanship and traditional ways of building. his Sentinel, a Shade he nicknamed Sparrow, chirped and followed Corvo as he proceeds to ask one of the staff with his Soundwave-ish voice "Excuse me, Do you keep a meditation chamber around?"

Edited by Drakeardian

Corvo heard of the Dojo many times, although in his cold, old and more cynical mood tells him just to forget about it and move on, he follows his younger,curious side for once and decides to take a moment to take a look at the place.

The Nekros arrived at the Dojo with a disabled Ether Reaper as he uses it as a walking staff of sorts. he looks around at the scenery, impressed at it's craftsmanship and traditional ways of building. his Sentinel, a Shade he nicknamed Sparrow, chirped and followed Corvo as he proceeds to ask one of the staff "Excuse me, Do you keep a meditation chamber around?"

*A Tenno in a Rhino turns and nods his head* "Through those doors, follow the signs and go through the chambers at your leisure"

*A Tenno in a Rhino turns and nods his head* "Through those doors, follow the signs and go through the chambers at your leisure"

"Thank you" and Corvo nods to the Guard as he walked his way to the meditation Chamber, Sparrow chirping once or twice as he follows. Noting the other patrons around the area, the Grineer seeking Entrance and the Mag Prime conversing with the Staff. Then he finally reached his destination.

As Corvo entered the Chamber, the Cold air stopped him in his tracks for a moment, he watched and held his hand out as a snowflake lands on his hand, it felt cold.., not like the Cryopod, not like the artificial cold in the ships...it was a refreshing cold, a cold he had missed all his life. he walked towards a rock, noting the Meditating Frost. He stepped onto the rock and sat down cross legged, putting his Walking Scythe across his lap as he began to meditate to his content.

The memories of the old ways still hold dear to him. Recalling those who had passed long before him and the ones who fell by his hand. CORPUS, Grineer, Orokin, Yet he felt at peace here. A warm loving peace that he had not felt in many years of his life. It calm and silent as he calmed himself and familiarized himself with it's white landscape.

Edited by Drakeardian

As I hear a soft mutter as I turn I see a valkyr walk past me. Noticing her purple sun badge she is a staff member. Urging my body to not punch her in the face I walk away. Even though I always try I cannot forget about my dear friend Comp that is still serving in the grineer marines. I find a piece of paper and write a swift note to him not sure if they even allowed it.

*The Valkyr rolls her eyes behind her helmet as the grineer walks away. He does indeed find a message center, and despite a few looks he may get it's not an outrageous claim for him to send a letter.*

*The Valkyr rolls her eyes behind her helmet as the grineer walks away. He does indeed find a message center, and despite a few looks he may get it's not an outrageous claim for him to send a letter.*

Having retrieved her new orokin-enhanced weapons, Lia thought it'd be a good idea to head to the dueling rooms to test them out.

Lia bumped into the Valkyr on the way to the dueling rooms.

"S-sorry!" she stuttered, intimidated by the Valkyr's looks.

Having retrieved her new orokin-enhanced weapons, Lia thought it'd be a good idea to head to the dueling rooms to test them out.

Lia bumped into the Valkyr on the way to the dueling rooms.

"S-sorry!" she stuttered, intimidated by the Valkyr's looks.

galusprofile_by_snaleking-d78r9ru.png

Galus received a ping from the armoury; his weapons were finished. 

He returned to the armoury, paying for and retrieving his gear without complication. The Cestra and Lanka had their barrels and firing pins replaced, with some cosmetic damage to their casing repaired as well. The Dakra required more specialized care, including expensive techniques to re-sharpen the extremely hard edge. As Galus ran his palm along the flat of the Dakra blade, he concluded it was worth every credit.

He was simply itching to test it, and unwilling to wait to be assigned to put down some grineer. "Convenient, then," he thought, "that this dojo has dueling facilities."

He brushed past a Valkyr on the way there, and caught up to Mag Prime heading to the dueling rooms.

"Tenno salve," he began with a formal greeting in a half-remembered language. " I am called Galus. Are you also visiting the duelling rooms?"

Edited by SnaleKing