Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Daggers For?

niconosave

So I was trying to find a good weapon to do stealth attacks in stealth missions because I did not like the animation of my orthos.

After some digging I found out that the stealth damage was 400% of the charge damage of the weapon without taking into account resistance or weakness. so the best damage would be done with a galatine. but that has a really slow animation so maybe something else would be better.

The thing is I thought daggers were the best weapons for stealth missions. So if daggers are not the best weapons for stealth missions, then what are they for? they are fast and focus on one target, are they for killing bosses? but bosses are kinda easy. 

If anyone can tell me what they are for I would appreciate it.

edit: ok I just did a stealth run with the galatine. it's stealth animation is so fast I would think a feather weights more than the galatine. Its the best weapon for melee stealth kills.

Edited by niconosave

speaking from experience, fang prime does pretty well out of stealth.

edit: problem is stealth attack is based on charged strikes, and daggers generally dont have a power to 1hko with a charge attack. a simple solution is to give daggers a higher multiplier on stealth strikes.

Edited by leonvision

Well, daggers are nice, pretty and as for my self a convict dagger-lover (My fang prime will be supreme one day I assure that) I can say that stealth with them is nice and funny (and sometimes awesome) if you attendo to missions up to level 15 (max with a God-Like Fang Prime), since anything beyond that point of level becomes even less "one-shoottable" with melee Stealth (If not using a galantine, because Galantine).

Since it's implementation Stealth was something that could, I shall repeat my self, COULD work on warframe if they actually focused on it. But the Devs really didn't put much of an effort on making Stealth Gameplay in Warframe something viable, even with some part of the community asking for, again I shall repeat, a VIABLE way to play Stealthy (note, there is some secondary entry points on some missions, other routes to avoid enemies and such so that makes me consider that they, for some time, thought about making stealth gameplay to be functional and not like, enter a room press 4, continue to next room).

But as if you can imagine, and if you search, you may find on the forum the Stealth Gameplay threads that passed by the eyes of DE even with 75 pages of discussion (this only on the "official" thread that were made). So if the lack of interest of DE on stealth gameplay isn't enough to point out this, I shall tell you:

Stealth-Plays on Warframe are viable-ish if you restrain yourself to the lower-level missions, of course if you want to actually kill something on stealth, and not just pass through them without being noticed. If you want to do the Non-Lethal Stealth in warframe ("Haha" I know, but sometimes it is interesting to try that, just to see how buggy this game is for Stealth) be sure to not stay in the same empty room for more than 30 to 40 seconds, since enemies can spawn behind you or around the corner when you are not looking...

Well, daggers are nice, pretty and as for my self a convict dagger-lover (My fang prime will be supreme one day I assure that) I can say that stealth with them is nice and funny (and sometimes awesome) if you attendo to missions up to level 15 (max with a God-Like Fang Prime), since anything beyond that point of level becomes even less "one-shoottable" with melee Stealth (If not using a galantine, because Galantine).

Since it's implementation Stealth was something that could, I shall repeat my self, COULD work on warframe if they actually focused on it. But the Devs really didn't put much of an effort on making Stealth Gameplay in Warframe something viable, even with some part of the community asking for, again I shall repeat, a VIABLE way to play Stealthy (note, there is some secondary entry points on some missions, other routes to avoid enemies and such so that makes me consider that they, for some time, thought about making stealth gameplay to be functional and not like, enter a room press 4, continue to next room).

But as if you can imagine, and if you search, you may find on the forum the Stealth Gameplay threads that passed by the eyes of DE even with 75 pages of discussion (this only on the "official" thread that were made). So if the lack of interest of DE on stealth gameplay isn't enough to point out this, I shall tell you:

Stealth-Plays on Warframe are viable-ish if you restrain yourself to the lower-level missions, of course if you want to actually kill something on stealth, and not just pass through them without being noticed. If you want to do the Non-Lethal Stealth in warframe ("Haha" I know, but sometimes it is interesting to try that, just to see how buggy this game is for Stealth) be sure to not stay in the same empty room for more than 30 to 40 seconds, since enemies can spawn behind you or around the corner when you are not looking...

you know, I used to do non lethal stealth missions with my excalibur during alpha. and I can tell you that since then you still have no noise for walking. as long as an enemy is not looking in your EXACT direction you can just stand right next to them. they will not notice. making the non lethal kinda viable. just walk past them they will not notice.

They're relics of the past, from when Warframe was about ninjas. You know, the cloak & dagger type of ninjas.

Then things got crazy. We got hammers, axes, greatswords, and rocket launchers...

OT: I still think the Ceramic dagger is the best-looking melee weapon in the game. Other than that, I would never actually use it.

Fangs are good for stabbity stabby stab stab, mostly. They have great attack speed and hit multiple times per swing, so generally speaking they do a ton more than the listed damage for each button press. As mentioned above, their charge damage is kind of lousy, so they're not great for stealth but they'll mince anything you use the normal attacks on.

Fangs are good for stabbity stabby stab stab, mostly. They have great attack speed and hit multiple times per swing, so generally speaking they do a ton more than the listed damage for each button press. As mentioned above, their charge damage is kind of lousy, so they're not great for stealth but they'll mince anything you use the normal attacks on.

yeah but where would you use that kind of damage. they don't have a big swing so multiple enemies is a no go. then for attacking one target. In a normal mission I can only think of heavies. but all grineer heavies have a knock down for close combat. then you would have to let them knock you, then get up and unleash a thousand cuts. but that would take a lot of time. so I cant see that being viable.

corpus tech doesn't have a knock down, so you could attack him with a thousand cuts.yet most daggers are slash or puncture. but you could put elemental damage.

I guess I should wait until melee 2.0, then see what happens with them.

for stealt the best weapon is galatine i think (a greatsword the best stealth weapon, go figure,  think de's official slogan is "screw logic" at this point but whatever) daggers, excluding the fangs  are left-over weapons, actually good only for cutting cheese. 

Actually, best weapon I have found? Glaive. The throat cutting animation rocks.

As for screwing logic? Well... Bitter much?

Actually, best weapon I have found? Glaive. The throat cutting animation rocks.

As for screwing logic? Well... Bitter much?

talking damage wise not animation wise (i like the whip stealth kill more anyway), besides i'm not bitter or anything it was just sarcasm, probably it doesn't traslate well into english tho,

but single daggers are usless :/ K

Agreed, at least as of now.

A single dagger has, counterintuitively, a very low critical chance and an equally low crit multiplier. Their base damage is negligible, and for the current stealth attack system where it is (with mere charge attack multiplication), a galatine does better than a dagger at stealth kills, what with the low charge attack of knives.

Would like to see the devs at least not throwing the original "ninja" concept of Warframe out the window and into the streets given their negligence into topics like stealth and the dagger. Then again, ninjas carrying Ogris. Might be far too late.

Mastery

This. Single-handed daggers are for the challenge. The Heat Dagger is pretty nice, but the fang and prime version are the only things really viable.

I was looking forward to using daggers until I understood melee. OP, if you don't care about the challenge, I wouldn't bother with them.

But if you like stealth attacks, the Kogake or Obex is the way to do. (hashtag: Suplex-uh-charger)