The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underrated Vs Overrated ( Weapons&frames )

ZWarhammer

It's simple. Bring examples of weapons or warframes which you think are underrated or overrated.

Rules:

1: You need a valid reason as to why a set item is A( overrated ) or B ( underrated ) saying that you just like using it aka personal preferences don't count.

2: Use multiple factors to strengthen the point you're trying to make such as Resource Cost VS Benefits, Build Time VS Effectiveness, Usefulness VS mastery Rank, Damage VS utility, power vs 1 faction VS power vs all factions etc

Edited by ZWarhammer

Underrated: Acrid

For some reason people can't seem to give Acrid a fresh look. It had a lot of adjustments and bugs in the past, and now every time you bring it up someone says it's crap or it's super nerfed or whatever else. I still use my Acrid regularly and get very good results. As a toxic weapon it's capable of pure Viral or pure Corrosive. Pure Toxic is also viable because of the extra pistol multishot mods, and the Cicero Crisis toxic mod.

As a small mag/fast reload toxic weapon with decent status chance, Acrid synergizes with ALL the special pistol mods, creating fantastic proc chance, high combat rate of fire, and high levels of elemental damage.

Overrated: Synapse

It never ceases to amaze me the way people look at DPS numbers with total disregard for the way the game is actually played. Running from target to target not firing, the Synapse is doing ZERO damage per second. If you're traveling half the time, your DPS is cut in half. Simple as that. Any normal rifle is doing full damage the whole time the Synapse user is moving about.

Does it have uses? Sure. Melting bosses is a thing. CQC is a thing. But it makes no sense as the general purpose 'best weapon' that it gets advertised as.

yeah acrid is definitely underated i personally love mine still and it doign nearly 700-800 PER bullet

overated.... any continuous fire weapon i feel is overated since you hear people say it outperforms this and that but in the end they have a set maximum range (unless using volts shield)

Under-rated: Banshee

Though for a long time, Banshee was one of the hardest frames to obtain, she is now extremely easy to get. Having gone for 5 updates as a bit of a dark horse, U12 puts Banshee back into her spotlight.

First impressions of Banshee are usually not great, given her first skill deals little damage, her second requires accuracy, her third doing nothing and her fourth seeming to deal small amounts of damage.

However, once a player gets past this, and starts to use her more and more, they will see how good her skills really are. 

Sonicboom is an instant, cheap CC that can lock down pretty much anything in front of you. Getting rushed by an ancient? Lol, not anymore.

Sonar provides a ridiculous damage boost once fully modded, also showing the locations of nearby enemies. For the price of just 50 energy, you are getting a super amp for everything AND enemy radar, freeing you up for delicious energy siphon goodness.

Silence is still terrible, but it lets you run an extra passive mod guilt free, which is always nice.

Soundquake may not seem like it, but it hits like a truck, dealing 25% more damage than Rhino's stomp, and 2.5x more damage than a single Mprime explosion. It also staggers EVERY ground based target, no longer do you need a Loki to revive a team mate trapped behind enemies. Simply pop a couple of Quakes and boom, your walking through a winter stun-derland.

If you doubt Banshee's CC skills, think how annoying Shockwave moas, roller balls, Railgun moas, infested aincients, grineer heavies and infested leapers are. now think of that same sort of disruptive ability, applied over a massive AOE. Banshee truly is the Revenge Frame.

Finally, Banshee has two very good Alt helmets. The first, gives her the largest effective energy pool IN THE GAME, when combined with maximum power efficiency. The second allows her to reach 40% power efficiency without having to limit her Sonars duration with Fleeting expertise, at the low low cost of a bit of stamina (pfft). 

Banshee has a steeper learning curve than most frames, since your skills are suited for long game combat, but mastering Banshee means you have an extremely potent and underrated frame at your disposal.

Underrated:

Frost. Somehow the most of the players think that he is just a "snowglobe-making-machine", but I believe this is not true at all. Especially after his rework (high cold damage, high status chance), he's really effective with his offensive abilities as well.

Banshee. I agree with Sixty5.

Nyx. I think she IS underrated a little bit. She should have more attention IMO, since Absorb deals plenty of damage, killing almost the entire room with good upgrades. Yes, maybe for solo or smaller groups only, if there's more players in the group, they can make her powers seem like useless.

Overrated:

Nova. Everyone (almost* everyone) says she's OP. They are mostly Rhino players, and they are just jealous that they don't have such a cute warframe like Nova. But I have to tell you, guys, she is NOT OP at all. Mostly, you are talking about Molecular Prime. This is her ULTIMATE ABILITY it costs her 100 energy as well. We could also talk about Rhino Stomp, it can do the same. And she has lower stats, like armor, etc. Just stop talking about her, please, it's getting boring.

Edited by at35z

at35z's kinda right, Nyx is really underrated, people always say "hosting defense, looking for Vaubans/Frosts" for CC, Nyx can help keep enemies off the Cyropod too. Need someone to save you while downed? Nyx can help you like Frost does. Need healing/shields down? she can mind control an ancient or osprey. A pack of Napalms up ahead? She can do Chaos to stop them for a moment or go forward, Absorb, and damage and knock them down for you guys to finish off. What it takes for Nyx to be good is a good player and understanding teammates. That and a buff for her second skill, those bolts are more like Mosquito bites than actual bolts, and they frickin love to hit walls and obstructions.....

Overrated:

Nova.  Mostly, you are talking about Molecular Prime. This is her ULTIMATE ABILITY it costs her 100 energy as well.

Argument is invalid.

250px-ModFleetingExpertise.png

M. Prime you say? Main explosion damage + chain explosion damage from nearby enemies + 50% debuff (aka +50% more damage from all sources - weapons, melee, abilities) + slowdown. Show me an ultimate that do about the same things. Most ultimates are simply damage per target + some CC, like Miasma/Overload (direct damage + stunlocked mobs), Avalance (direct damage + frozen mobs), Crush/Reckoning (direct damage + lifted mobs).

Nova is simply one of the "no brain"-things in this game, apart from the game take almost 0 skill generally, "no brain"-things are even easier then this. It's up to you to decide do you find this okay for yourself or not though.

I still use Nova sometimes when i'm really lazy, let's say for Invasion missions. Take Nova, equip Fleeting Expertise, take Djinn to snipe M.Primed mobs, repeat 5 times, congrats you win.

Doesn't change the fact i'm still not like her.

Back to the topic:

Underrated - Torid, Embolist, Stug (underrated by the people who don't know how and where thy should be used to shine, w/o any drawbacks)

Overrated - Primed Chamber mod.

Edited by Riccoshot