The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resistance Mods And Their Uses.

J-Pax

So resistance mods got a buff recently, and I was thinking of enemy groups they'd be useful against, but so far the only enemies I can attribute them to in any consistency are the Grineer for Fire resistance and the Infested for Toxic resistance, and in that case only toxic ancients which don't really pose that much of a Toxic threat any more.

Diamond skin resists radiation damage, which I suppose was meant for Corpus originally (I know it was previous to Damage 2.0) but none of them deal radiation damage.

So are these mods only meant for PVP then?

100% Fire resistance is much more useful than most people think. If the Mods work exactly like the auras then that means their damage resistances work on, both, health and shields. I only tested the Auras since..well...100% Fire, Toxin, Radiation, Electric, and Ice are easier to see if and how they work...and yes, equipping one aura will work on everyone and some people may thank you for letting them sit in fire all day and makeout with Toxin Ancients...The only sad part...the sentinel will not live..

But there are only two actually useful damage resistances...Fire and Toxin.

Toxin can be avoided entirely if you check your corners and watch your back.

Fire is almost impossible to avoid due to Napalm's extreme impact range on their shots....Scorchers aren't a true threat anymore except to your sentinel...damn door campers...

Sooo...yea...they are pretty much useless in PvE unless one has an extreme prejudice against certain mobs

Edited by Laisha

only one i could consider is the fire resistance - vs high lvl grineer.. .bu even then.... its mostly useless... as rockets do blast damage anyways.

Toxic ancients  arent that big of a issue if u keep your distance.

Diamond skin is only good vs the gas city tileset - the detron crewman.

Electric - only very rare melee-s and crawlers.

Ice.... well absolute waste.

All the resistances need way wider selection of resistances ( fire should cover blast, fire, environmental fire etc).

AND to make things worse.. they only apply to health.

they could buff them to 100% and they still wouldn't be worth a mod slot under any pve condition currently existing in game

This is not entirely correct. Antitoxin is useful against toxic ancients, and Flame Repellent can be used against Sargas Ruk. 

Now Diamond Skin really should offer some protection against fusion MOAs lasers and flux rifles, since it is stated in the mod that it offers protection against lasers. 

Edited by Wolfstorm18