The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: The Worst Warframe In The Game

Etsoree

I'm not saying that she should be equal to Rhino nor do I want her to be equal to Rhino. Everyone has a different skill level and I would not be able to go 50 minutes in a T3 Survival, solo, at least. Besides, even I was able to, I would barely use her powers, I'd use my weapons more. Why say where you got with her when one player's skill level doesn't matter? If she is "simply immortal if played right," then she's overpowered and should be nerfed.

XD you made my day, dude.

I'm giggling all over the floor, I'm done with this thread, xDDD

also, I did some research... you have exactly 778 kills with Nyx, and you dare to say you know her inside out

That is with her powers. How many of her powers actually can deal damage themselves? I honestly doubt that MC or Chaos count towards that. The builds I have done with her, recently at least, have not been able to scratch anything higher than level 35, and one test was with a complete power strength build.

Why go so far into researching something if "you think I'm wrong"? Seems like you have issues believing your own opinion.

My Loki has 100 kills. This must mean I don't know him inside and out.

Edited by Etsoree

I only came to this thread to post a reply on how outraged I was at the title: "Nyx: The Worst Warframe in the Game"

I nearly lost my Koolaid when I read how you thought Psychic Bolt was the shining beacon of exemplary performance out of all her other skills.

That's when I read everyone else's response and I couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said before.

I'm the type of person who try and use a Warframes abilities to its maximum potential like Embers Accelerant: I use as a brief stun or to maximize my abilities damage. Even Valkyrs Paralysis I use religiously for the stun, the high damage from the mods I've installed and for the pre-Melee 2.0 frontal executions, those are tight dawg.

With Mind Control, I use to get the meanest mother-lover to be on my side, sometimes I do it on a shield lancer just to have my shield-bro. It's funny to see my shield bro shield bash at level 1 because I witnessed him rip a lancer in half with it. Dude's on roids or something.

I hardly even use her Psychic Bolt because I blatantly believe it's such a trash ability and a waste of energy.

Chaos is just downright ridiculous. I can control the battlefield, I am the field general, and when I want to turn the tides, I can just hit 3 and cut a swath through their ranks like it was going out of style. Which it hasn't, I read in Saryn's Secret magazine about what was in style in today's society.

I love using Absorb, In defense I like to muck around and sit on top of the objective and take the bullets instead and redirect all that anger and hatred right back at the mofos.

Edited by Steelfeathers

how about percentage ? in playtime ? ~495 total and 2% are with Nyx (495 / 100 x 2 = 9.9) so roughly 10 hours... you know jack s#!t about Nyx, you have to agree with it

Play time doesn't necessarily mean how much "I know" about something. With 495 hours of playing the game, I would at least think I know how some of the games' mechanics work out. If I did not know anything about her, then how am I able to make this topic and discuss and debate it so well with the other people who are giving me calm responses?

Again, I will state this as well: why bother commenting on something you do not care about? Differing opinions only lead to arguments and ill thoughts. I'm not agreeing with that, though, I do know how to play her. I know how to use her powers effectively. I don't like them.

If I did not know anything about her, then how am I able to make this topic and discuss and debate it so well with the other people who are giving me calm responses?

if you knew anything, you wouldn't have made this topic in the first place.

Amen.

if you knew anything, you wouldn't have made this topic in the first place.

Amen.

Now, now... be nice. Not everyone can know how to actually play Nyx.

It is SO much easier to scream 'NERF!' or 'BUFF!' than to learn to actually play with a warframe to it's strengths after all.

Edited by Kalenath

Is feedback not an area to post your own personal thoughts an ideas on something, saying if it's good or bad, in your own opinion?

Since you asked for my opinion I'll tell you what I think. It's off-topic but this is your thread.

When I first talked to you about the title you chose for this thread, your answer was that you chose it so that people would come look at it. I believe you were successful in doing that as the thread gains a few pages every day. However, I also believe that the majority of people who read your post also disagree with some or all of the feedback you posted. There seems to be more people here who like the way Nyx works then people who hate her. There also seems to be several people who use Nyx as one of their main warframes, as opposed to people who are only using Nyx because they got bored of all other warframes.

So, for a feedback forum, what does that mean? To me, it means that the feedback you posted does not reflect precisely what the community wants. And if that is true then it cannot be used, because this is a game made to please majorities, and not individuals. You can continue to argue with the people who post here if you wish to. But as long as you are unable to convince these people that what you're suggesting will benefit them, they will not support your ideas. And unsupported ideas, the way I see it, should not be implemented.

That is what I think feedback forums are for. For people to put their own opinions on trial by submitting them to others. Opinions that are well received get a lot of support and become more likely to end up being added to the game. Opinions that are not well received don't get a lot of support and are less likely to end up being added to the game. DE will always have the final word, but big numbers tend to impress them more.

In the end, as far as feedback goes, it doesn't really matter if people are politely criticizing your post or if people are calling you nasty things. They are still disagreeing with you, just like you are disagreeing with them. If no compromises are being made, nothing productive is being created. That is my opinion.

In the end, all we HAVE here are opinions despite many people on these forums claiming that their opinions are concrete fact..

I have my own opinion, the OP has his/hers. They are diametrically opposed with no apparent room for compromise. I have to agree that Nyx sucks or I am stupid. I disagree that she sucks, so we have an impasse.

In my opinion, it boils down to this: If you don't like the warframe, find one you DO like. No one is forcing you to play Nyx any more than anyone is forcing ME to read this thread.

Op, you may not have intended it as a troll post or bait for a flame war, but that is what you got. People took it as a personal attack on their playstyle. I personally couldn't care less. I play Banshee mostly despite her own handicaps. I play Nyx when my clan needs a Nyx and none of the ones who main her are on. I am not as good with her as some others, but I have fun playing her and making the enemy fight each other.

Isn't that what this game is supposed to be about? Having fun?

If not... I have no idea what to say.

Edited by Kalenath

At that huge radius ( I think there's a cap at 50m though ) then all the enemies would be under that effect. It still has the problem of lasting forever, though, and when those enemies start to die off, new ones appear, thus making it so that you have many more targets NOT under it, and can still attack you. I do not like that. There is also no reason to have a duration for that long.

With Chaos as well there would be many, many survivors, especially at the higher levels. I personally would still want the complete 100% stun in those higher levels rather than an off chance where an enemy can possibly attack and hurt me, given the ranges and duration they both have.

Your problem here is that you are using duration on a frame that doesn't need a whole lot of it to be effective. Nyx scales better with range than duration, especially when using Chaos. Fleeting Expertise+Overextended+Stretch is just a fantastic combination for min-maxing Chaos/Absorb builds; you can even offset the duration penalty with something like Continuity if you want more Absorb uptime. I think with Fleeting Expertise+Continuity your Chaos should last about 18 seconds, which is a lot better than builds that stack duration and lose out on potential targets.

Edited by Leuca

Your problem here is that you are using duration on a frame that doesn't need a whole lot of it to be effective. Nyx scales better with range than duration, especially when using Chaos. Fleeting Expertise+Overextended+Stretch is just a fantastic combination for min-maxing Chaos/Absorb builds; you can even offset the duration penalty with something like Continuity if you want more Absorb uptime. I think with Fleeting Expertise+Continuity your Chaos should last about 18 seconds, which is a lot better than builds that stack duration and lose out on potential targets.

That's exactly what I do. Fleeting, Over, Stretch, and Continuity, then you've got three slots to bring shields and random S#&$ (two empty slots, and ditch psychic bolts). Works great. Being able to recast Chaos more gets rid of the power-in-use problem and lets you get the stun more.

Nyx is a brilliant character.

Only let down by the incredibly weak damage from psychic bolts.

On the PS4, all the abilities that require a direct target, such as smite, soul punch, mind control are a pain to use as you simply can't snap target like you can with a mouse, so on PS4, mind control is incredibly awkward to use in a fire fight.

On PC, not so much, you can control a bombard or Napalm and have him tie up a group of enemies while you get away a lot easier.

I have to say, In 400 odd hours of Warframe so far, there are only two warframes I simply can't get along with, and that's Ash and Excaliber, I know their merits, I just can't stand them.

That's exactly what I do. Fleeting, Over, Stretch, and Continuity, then you've got three slots to bring shields and random S#&$ (two empty slots, and ditch psychic bolts). Works great. Being able to recast Chaos more gets rid of the power-in-use problem and lets you get the stun more.

I prefer the duration myself, when I play her, if you use her in defence it only takes a few seconds of the wave starting to tie up the vast majority of the enemies in one burst.

So many troll comments...

I'm not going to lie; you're basically asking for it by posting information that can be rendered false just by doing some math. It's the equivalent of somebody posting a thread saying that Mag is terrible against the Corpus.

I prefer the duration myself, when I play her, if you use her in defence it only takes a few seconds of the wave starting to tie up the vast majority of the enemies in one burst.

Hmm I'm the opposite of you. If you have you max eff cap then you should be able to spam it about 10-15 times dude. That's why short duration is good. I'd suggest putting Fleeting expertise maxand Vespa helm. Put in max Continuity and you get about 12 seconds of Chaos, which is nice. About 20 Power for chaos I believe and 25 just for Absorb.

That's what I used. I did use Fleeting Expertise, Overextended and Stretch. I will say that at least. Absorbs' range is still garbage for an ultimate with all of those on, also giving it even a weaker damage, making it worse for a damage-dealing power already. 18 seconds, I think, is an alright time limit, but given Chaos' nature, enemies die in that time period, more spawning, not allowing you to recast it again.

With the nature of the game, you do not sit and hide. You run and gun for most of it, and with Defense missions, you prevent enemies from attacking your defense object. Survival, you cannot sit and wait for it to cool down.

I'm not going to lie; you're basically asking for it by posting information that can be rendered false just by doing some math. It's the equivalent of somebody posting a thread saying that Mag is terrible against the Corpus.

My opinion is being rendered false by math? I don't see how that's possible.
Edited by Etsoree

Since you asked for my opinion I'll tell you what I think. It's off-topic but this is your thread.

When I first talked to you about the title you chose for this thread, your answer was that you chose it so that people would come look at it. I believe you were successful in doing that as the thread gains a few pages every day. However, I also believe that the majority of people who read your post also disagree with some or all of the feedback you posted. There seems to be more people here who like the way Nyx works then people who hate her. There also seems to be several people who use Nyx as one of their main warframes, as opposed to people who are only using Nyx because they got bored of all other warframes.

So, for a feedback forum, what does that mean? To me, it means that the feedback you posted does not reflect precisely what the community wants. And if that is true then it cannot be used, because this is a game made to please majorities, and not individuals. You can continue to argue with the people who post here if you wish to. But as long as you are unable to convince these people that what you're suggesting will benefit them, they will not support your ideas. And unsupported ideas, the way I see it, should not be implemented.

That is what I think feedback forums are for. For people to put their own opinions on trial by submitting them to others. Opinions that are well received get a lot of support and become more likely to end up being added to the game. Opinions that are not well received don't get a lot of support and are less likely to end up being added to the game. DE will always have the final word, but big numbers tend to impress them more.

In the end, as far as feedback goes, it doesn't really matter if people are politely criticizing your post or if people are calling you nasty things. They are still disagreeing with you, just like you are disagreeing with them. If no compromises are being made, nothing productive is being created. That is my opinion.

This is also just from the people who have actually posted and the people who are actually reading and on the forums. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the entire community, just a handful of people. The feedback that I posted did not reflect what the community wants, no, but MY opinions on it, which is what I think is what the feedback section is for. I have seen several posts here and many posts before stating that at least Mind Control is a garbage power, so I at least have that going for me.

I'm not trying to convince people so much as to make them understand my reasoning without them saying "lol l2p u suck noob": just my point of view. I have stated here several times where I know how to play her, I know how she works. I know her uses. I see her value. She is outclassed. That is my opinion.

Compromises can be made. Regular discussion and debate like I've had two or three people in this thread have with me ( who have at least quoted my posts, so I know they're not troll quotes, though most were ), have seemed to at least want a calm discussion with me.

No feedback on this game is useless due to it being a beta still. DE could completely remove all content we have now and start fresh. They could remove weapons, Warframes, enemies, bosses, event items, ect., but will more than likely not due to it damaging the community. They could remove Nyx. They have made changes to other 'Frames before without any hint at the changes being made.

That's what I used. I did use Fleeting Expertise, Overextended and Stretch. I will say that at least. Absorbs' range is still garbage for an ultimate with all of those on, also giving it even a weaker damage, making it worse for a damage-dealing power already. 18 seconds, I think, is an alright time limit, but given Chaos' nature, enemies die in that time period, more spawning, not allowing you to recast it again.

With the nature of the game, you do not sit and hide. You run and gun for most of it, and with Defense missions, you prevent enemies from attacking your defense object. Survival, you cannot sit and wait for it to cool down.

How does your Chaos last 18 seconds? I just put Fleeting+Overextended+Stretch+ Continuity and I get about 12 seconds of Chaos for 20 energy. Did you put constitution?

The only thing I can tell you is that you must be doing something wrong then; I never have problems with my Chaos lasting too long anymore, and many Nyx players seem to share my experience.

Claiming that an ability like Bastille is more energy efficient CC than a properly executed Chaos is not a matter of opinion; it is a mathematically false statement. It is wrong. There is no nice or polite way to put this. It is up to you as a player to capitalize on your positioning and take note of which enemies should be strategically taken out first so that you get the maximum benefit from your abilities.

I'm not trying to convince people so much as to make them understand my reasoning without them saying "lol l2p u suck noob": just my point of view. I have stated here several times where I know how to play her, I know how she works. I know her uses. I see her value. She is outclassed. That is my opinion.

You keep saying this is a matter of opinion, but assuming you are using Nyx properly it is a matter of math. There isn't a frame in the game that can even come close to outperforming her in potential CC per energy point spent aside from Nova's MP. No other ability has the scaling capabilities of Chaos.

The only thing I can tell you is that you must be doing something wrong then; I never have problems with my Chaos lasting too long anymore, and many Nyx players seem to share my experience.

Claiming that an ability like Bastille is more energy efficient CC than a properly executed Chaos is not a matter of opinion; it is a mathematically false statement. It is wrong. There is no nice or polite way to put this. It is up to you as a player to capitalize on your positioning and take note of which enemies should be strategically taken out first so that you get the maximum benefit from your abilities.

You keep saying this is a matter of opinion, but assuming you are using Nyx properly it is a matter of math. There isn't a frame in the game that can even come close to outperforming her in potential CC per energy point spent aside from Nova's MP. No other ability has the scaling capabilities of Chaos.

By scaling are you referring to a power affecting an enemy at any level? Because the other CC abilities I have stated, do, technically. I have never once fought anything in this game that cannot be killed ( except bosses ) in a single headshot. I have never had problems placing or positioning my Bastille to stun enemies or have had problems with using Stomp to stun enemies, either. I have never once had problems with enemies after using Radial Disarm, either.

Opinions are not wrongespecially in this thread. I don't get why you keep saying my opinion is wrong. Math has nothing to do with it, and personal prefernce of stating that one 'Frame is better than another cannot be disproven due to it being my own opinion of liking and disliking something.