Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Infested!

RedEye88

OMG

I dare you try solo any lv 10+infested with a volt(without overvolt aoe mod which hasnt drop to me even after a week or farming) even at rank 30 and almost maxed weapons its almost imposible.

I went on a mission on Jupiter- Adastrea rank 12-17 imposible to solo.I had 1 pistol because i had data units to carry.But even without it i get owned those packs of dogs knock back me too much they do like 2 atacks per second then those exploding corpses they surround me i get knockback/down cant even escape in 3 seconds i die with 400 shield and 300 hp,and they are lower level than me.

And my Fragor hammer barely damages them(jump smash doesnt even knock them down properly),i just dont have resource and time for another axe or dual axe(which work better vs infested i guess)

In solo those packs are too OP,and i do run with online open game but no one joins.....

OMG

I dare you try solo any lv 10+infested with a volt(without overvolt aoe mod which hasnt drop to me even after a week or farming) even at rank 30 and almost maxed weapons its almost imposible.

I went on a mission on Jupiter- Adastrea rank 12-17 imposible to solo.I had 1 pistol because i had data units to carry.But even without it i get owned those packs of dogs knock back me too much they do like 2 atacks per second then those exploding corpses they surround me i get knockback/down cant even escape in 3 seconds i die with 400 shield and 300 hp,and they are lower level than me.

And my Fragor hammer barely damages them(jump smash doesnt even knock them down properly),i just dont have resource and time for another axe or dual axe(which work better vs infested i guess)

In solo those packs are too OP,and i do run with online open game but no one joins.....

I literally just, a few days ago, soloed Phorrid constantly to farm Nyx blueprints. Had some close calls, but didn't die once. And just yesterday night, soloed Europa - Valefor Defense mission until level 10 (where the game randomly crashed >.<).

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but it's something.

They should just slightly buff fire damage.

Then there is a clear thing to do when you want to whip infested &amp;#&#33;. It is a clean, subtle change that would work with their new mod system.

Honestly I feel like the special traits of each element ALL need a buff to make the elemental damage truly worth thinking about. Make it GOOD.

Why're you people all talking about guns and abusing pathing?

Just rush the Infested and wreck them in melee. That's how I handle things. I will say though, I run in circles and kite a bit.

I also do that quite a bit.

Also, who said what about abusing pathing? G3rman? That's only "abusing pathing" because the AI can't yet command the chargers to jump.

They should just slightly buff fire damage.

Then there is a clear thing to do when you want to whip infested &amp;#&#33;. It is a clean, subtle change that would work with their new mod system.

Honestly I feel like the special traits of each element ALL need a buff to make the elemental damage truly worth thinking about. Make it GOOD.

Ehm, there is a special trait for each element:

Fire deals 400% damage to infested, as well as dealing some damage over time.

Electricity deals 400% damage to Corpus, as well as sometimes shocking and enemy into not moving or acting in any way.

Freeze damage deals I think between ~200 - 250% damage against shields, as well as slowing enemies down.

Infested is the most easy to kill out of the 3 faction.

They are all melee and as long as you run around or climb something and you are safe.

I hate the robot where they can shoot laser so no tomorrow or come out from the BOX factory like free of money.

Edited by StarKnight

Ehm, there is a special trait for each element:

Fire deals 400% damage to infested, as well as dealing some damage over time.

Electricity deals 400% damage to Corpus, as well as sometimes shocking and enemy into not moving or acting in any way.

Freeze damage deals I think between ~200 - 250% damage against shields, as well as slowing enemies down.

Not that I'm not willing to take your word for it, but do we have any official source for this information?

This has been a topic of a lot of curiousity for me for a while. The exact nature of that additive damage is not something they actually try to explain in-game.

one good tip is drop the fragor melee weapon and get you a slicing weapon, they do way more damage to the infected that the others, like fragor, furax, bo and amphis. And when you get in a tight situation like that mission you were in, drop the datapad and use your main weapon. Kill all the mobs then when its clear enough, re-pickup the datachip and comtinue on. Plus the fragor has a tendency to have a long delay between its swipes and charged attack, so the infested are way faster and capable of granting multiple attacks on you before the time your next impacting swing hits.

Whats about NO ?

All the factions are way to easy mods even in solo , so no way i would like more complex mechancis and difficulty level but with higher reward more ressources and more loots ;)

Medium

High

Insane

Maniac

difficulty setting are needed to please noobs and pro !

Whats about NO ?

All the factions are way to easy mods even in solo , so no way i would like more complex mechancis and difficulty level but with higher reward more ressources and more loots ;)

Medium

High

Insane

Maniac

difficulty setting are needed to please noobs and pro !

Maybe you should go play some console games. They like difficulty settings there.

Not that I'm not willing to take your word for it, but do we have any official source for this information?

This has been a topic of a lot of curiousity for me for a while. The exact nature of that

additive damage is not something they actually try to explain in-game.

Check the wiki, it's all on the enemies and mods page - the enemies page lists each enemy in the game and how much damage of each type they recieve. Like, all Corpus crewmen take 2000% armour piercing damage when shot in the head with armour-piercing rounds.

Check the wiki, it's all on the enemies and mods page - the enemies page lists each enemy in the game and how much damage of each type they recieve. Like, all Corpus crewmen take 2000% armour piercing damage when shot in the head with armour-piercing rounds.

Good stuff. Thanks for that.

Maybe you should go play some console games. They like difficulty settings there.

euh what are you talking about with your console ? are you BS me ?

i have a 1700 $ pc do you ?

Also , many mmo , like for a exemple dragons Nest have instance with difficulty setting atached to it its the same as how warframe work so what about your stupid console rant ?

this is a pc exclusive mmo

And this forumulat of choosing your (( dungeon )) (( instance )) difficulty perfectly fit , un DN you can choose up to master and Abyss difficulty soloying those difficulty will be insanely harcore if your advanced into the game but at first as a beginer you dont have acess to abyss difficulty its a progresive thing

the systhem work perfectly and alow us to get the chanlenge we want or the easymode some poples migth want so everyones is happy

greater risk better reward

also Dragon Nest as the same (( revive )) systhem as warframe you have X amount of revive a day and if you spend it all you have to $ in for more ;)

So yeah both game are pretty similar in many ways

You want to kill infected well? Scindo. Scindo all day erry day.

slap some damage, speed, charge speed, charge damage, frost, and fire mods on it and you're good to go.

Literally, I'm a loki with relatively low hp and shields for the missions I run, and I barely get touched, let alone feel underpowered.

Frost effect has nearly twice the range of the scindo with a regular swing, which means runners and chargers are slow before they even get to you, and you can kill them long before you're attacked.

Heavy weapon means runners can't stagger you by blowing up.

Leapers get frozen before they can hurt you.

Oh yeah, I oneshot nearly every enemy on nearly every planet. one-three charge shots for ancients depending on the planet.

This is without using skills, and not counting crits. Using my decoy just groups them up for one big slaughterfest, and invisibility adds even more damage because crits.

OMG

First, IMO the Volt blows vs Infested and as a solo artists in general. It's not impossible, but this frame would be my last choice for what you are doing. The Fragor is a great 2H weapon, but the Scindo out performs it vs Infested. As your sidearm goes, Bronco and Bolto/Akbolto will shine here.

When I first started to play this, Infested were my most feared enemy. The dark levels, the sound of the horde coming after you and how quickly you can be surrounded and chain stunned. Can be very intimidating to someone new.

Then I found how useful cold damage was, and they became easy mode. Put it on you guns for CC and make them more manageable or you can slow them and just run past. Use it on your melee weapon as well to slow their attacks when you are in close. A cold mod with no upgrades is still worth slotting.

Use the Rejuvenation artifact when you solo vs Infested. You won't need your powers much, if at all but HP globes are scarce so the regen is nice.

Try a Scindo and spam normal melee attacks and use charged vs single ancients. Once you get the timing right on the charged you can use it vs multiple infested and tear them up rather quickly. Once you get good enough, you can melee them all and only use ranged attacks vs Toxics. I solo defense missions all day and infested are by far the easiest.

Add me to your contact list and I would be happy to help you out.