Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Guess It Has Been Asked Before, But When Will Cross-Platform Online Will Be Ready ?!

shayvidas

Nothing like a bunch of airheads spouting at one another. Just because you cant handle using a controller doesn't make you any better. I use my PC for alot of things, shooters? no. Its down to preference. None of you have the right to say what is better for another person. 

Account Migration? Soon™

Cross platform? Never

The problem with cross play isn't that it's impossible to reach - it's impossible to maintain. Someday, the planets may align and by some freak chance the builds will be in sync. Problem is, the moment a hotfix goes out to fix that big fat game breaking issue that went out in the latest update, the builds are once again out of sync and crossplay is gone.

It's not uncommon for issues with updates to be noticed within minutes of the update being released on PC. You can't hotfix it that fast on PS4; just won't happen. So therefore, it would be foolish to pursue cross play as a legitimate goal because if something goes screwy, everybody will feel the burn.

It was a grand dream, but proved far too ambitious to be practical. Account migrations is the best we're going to get - and we will get it.

I play both PS4 AND PC.  Real gamers embrace video games on WHATEVER platform they are available on.  A true gamer is good at a game no matter if he/she is using a keyboard; a controller; a flight stick; whatever!

You fan boys think your console or pc is the best but in the end when you can't play all the new games exclusive to said platform; I sit back and laugh as I enjoy all the games the video game industry has to offer.

I recall in one of the live streams early on in the ps4 release they said it was unlikely they would ever get cross platform play going but that account migration was still on. I don't know if its changed since then it was a while ago.

Also I play with a controller on PC I use all the frames, I rarely use powers, I do just fine.

you can defend your toys as long as you want, but you cant deny the stone cold fact that mouse is vastly superior to controller at shooters

I can tell you I did worse with a mouse and keyboard than I do with a controller. Yeah I'm sure if I put in the time the mouse would probably outperform my trusty controller but I don't want to suffer through sucking untill I adjust.

Either way I don't need you to babysit me.

Edited by NevanChambers

I play both PS4 AND PC.  Real gamers embrace video games on WHATEVER platform they are available on.  A true gamer is good at a game no matter if he/she is using a keyboard; a controller; a flight stick; whatever!

You fan boys think your console or pc is the best but in the end when you can't play all the new games exclusive to said platform; I sit back and laugh as I enjoy all the games the video game industry has to offer.

I am in total agreement with you on that one! That is the main reason why this garbage talk irked me so bad to begin with because it doesn't matter what you play the damn game on its the fact you get to play it and on any platform there will be experts and rookies (noobs), it's how it is and it's how it will always be.

As for the *new* argurment about mouse vs. controller like someone already said in this post this is solely based on preference and the fact that you cannot base warframe with most other shooters. I am sorry but if you think you can own me on a game like call of Duty or Battlefield or hell even Titanfall where the mechanics for shooter is way different with a mouse..... hahaha.... guess that is why I do so good, but that is besides the point.

Everyone is allowed to game on what they choose and use this however they choose to use it and shouldn't be chastised by anyone for doing so, remember we want this community to keep growing strong, so what do you really gain by separating the platforms in an all out debate??? Sounds like you don't have time to do anything else with your life, because it is in ill will and a total waste of time.

thats because saryn is a press-4-to-win frame lol gawd... playing warframe with a controller on PC... its like brushing teeth with sandpaper

Actually i bet there is someone who is better with a console controller than you are with your mouse+keyboard; remember practice makes perfect.

To be honest, I highly doubt it happening. Would be great but to be realistic, it is not a first time I have seen that promise made and I have not seen many succeding on that promise compared to not succeding, so for me at least, chances of that actually happening are very small and is more like a wish than anything else from the developers.

Actually i bet there is someone who is better with a console controller than you are with your mouse+keyboard; remember practice makes perfect.

I used to be but technically concoles can never surpass PC in terms of responsiveness, accuracy and effectiveness of PC mouse and keyboard due to inherent limitations of console controller. Unless they make using PC systems possible that is.

To be honest, I highly doubt it happening. Would be great but to be realistic, it is not a first time I have seen that promise made and I have not seen many succeding on that promise compared to not succeding, so for me at least, chances of that actually happening are very small and is more like a wish than anything else from the developers.

Not everybody can be Final Fantasy ARR :(

In a way I believe that is necessary for Sony to take long. I mean we jumped into the game when it was pretty far along I guess this long wait can help us better understand how you guys felt when their was so many bugs in the game.

Either way I am in no rush, the PS4 community is ever growing and even if we can't play together at least we will always have the forums right? LOL

How odd to see two factions of Gamers sniping each other...Although I would very much like too see this game on EVERY console and gaming system out there...with the way you guys treat each other I honestly do not like how the future looks from here...

Honestly this whole issue was brought up because a PC player mentioned the term babysitting referring to PS4 players, and that was uncalled for.

Yes he may have had a bad experience once upon a time but as for the community as a whole everything would work out, yeah there will be some people on both platforms that will have something to say but the majority would embrace this, especially because I know a good amount of PC players that can't wait to play this with their friends on PS4.

you can defend your toys as long as you want, but you cant deny the stone cold fact that mouse is vastly superior to controller at shooters

Correct,it is vastly superior(easier)than controller usage.

There are good reasons to play shooters with a controller though over the m/k.For me,i was an unreal diehard for years on pc,but i almost exclusively play my shooters on console now,the analogue sticks with shooters and the trigger buttons just feel much more natural for that genre,i generally can't stand to use the m/k now for anything other than mmorpgs on pc(where imo it's a necessity)...well,there is also the fact i grew tired of the cheating that has always plagued pc gaming but that's another story.

If i went up against m/k users,i have no doubt that against SKILLED players i'd be on the losing side despite my long years of practice with controller.In warframes case though,the pvp is merely a sideshow,not in the least important,so i have no worries there ;)

IF warframe went x platform(which i really hope it does because the ps4 population is rather small,and all sonys talk in the leadup to release of ps4 led me to believe x platform gaming would become commonplace,one of the reasons i splashed out on one)and IF the pvp side of things becomes much grander in scale,then i would probably turn to m/k for warframe,but until then,controller is fine.

i hope never.

PS4 has too many extra aim aids and bonuses that might make playing with them somewhat annoying. Auto melee target, auto enemy target.. assist for this and that.

If so i want an option to exclude all ps4 players from my PUG-s.

i hope never.

PS4 has too many extra aim aids and bonuses that might make playing with them somewhat annoying. Auto melee target, auto enemy target.. assist for this and that.

If so i want an option to exclude all ps4 players from my PUG-s.

Anyone with sense turns those off...lol,they create more problems than they solve.