Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Brakk Re-Release Discussion Thread

JohnProdman

It means all you people who're complaining about the Brakk release are full of greedy milk. If I did 500 runs and runs = effort, I'm worth five of you guys so I should be five times as deserving of compensation.

Fortunately, runs don't equal effort in that sense and nobody's owed compensation of any sort.

And what exactly is wrong with this? Should I complain about ammo mutation mods because by God I was blowing up Formorians for a week and yet these plebians can get an ammo mutation mod in literally twenty minutes if RNGJesus favors them?

What your 'effort' got you:

A free Brakk, no need to spend 10 cells and farm these three guys. Also you got it six months ahead of time.

A free potato for that Brakk.

A free slot for that Brakk.

Even if you supported the corpus in Gravidus, you still got a Brakk BP that doesn't require a crapload of cells and farming and you got it six months ahead of the newbies.

That on top of all the other things you got from Gravidus, like the Machete Wraith, along with its own potato and slot, or the loyalty emblem, or the battle pay.

Demanding more 'compensation' from DE for this is nothing more than entitled greed.

I like your points that you made here. I wish that I had better included facts like these when I originally posted the thread.

Well, im glad that DE had the courage to do whats right, they should never had gived way Exclusive weapons was event rewards in first place, bc the only thing they bring to the game, is a far bridge betwen players.

I agree completely. Future events should never give (exclusive or not) weapons or mods.

I looked for the Grustrag Three for over 4 hours yesterday, and I didn't get a single encounter.  I was doing everything right:  5 minute survivals against Grineer with three other people who had the deathmark.  I'd say this is worse than Gradivus.

I'd gladly complete 100 missions over fighting RNG (G3 spawning), on top of RNG (Dropping a part), on top of more RNG (Dropping a needed part).

Since the update, I've completed 80 five minute survivals and I still haven't even had G3 attack.

RNG is a harsh mistress.

Edited by Soundchaos

I did more than five hundred runs at Gravidus and I think this is great. It really isn't fair to newbies that a weapon as amazing as the Brakk is unobtainable.

Seriously, what's the problem here? Oh boo hoo, you're not a special snowflake any more. Oh noes you did 100 runs to get your Brakk. Well guess what, I did five times that and I say you're full of greedy milk.

Well said, sir!

xCly9w1.gif

Edited by Guest

I looked for the Grustrag Three for over 4 hours yesterday, and I didn't get a single encounter.  I was doing everything right:  5 minute survivals against Grineer with three other people who had the deathmark.  I'd say this is worse than Gradivus.

It most definitely is.

Took me about 50-60 missions(6 encounters, 3 of which were for nothing due to crashes, some other people get no parts or duplicate parts), running entire day + few hrs right after the patch (about 10-12 hrs overall I'd say) I'm not sure how to count time it takes to farm 10 cells, used to be ~1 cel per 3 Ruk runs, ~4min on a run (depends if you  get a good team or noobs) so lets say another 2-2,5 hrs of non-stop grind.

If you count 26 plat needed for potatoe + slot (say you have no plat or money on a game), that would mean farming derelict or void to sell primes/mods - add couple hrs more (not counting time waiting for some one to buy them). 

So there you have 14-16 hrs on average, comparable to what oldtimers spent doing 100 missions, if not more (but less tedious due to variety).

Now if developers didn't want to upset those elitists who got Brakk from the event, they should'v called new 'Brakk MK-1' and make it 10% weaker in some less important stat, like fire rate or reload speed. Also this would make some Brakk owners willing to hunt for the new version just to try it or for the mastery.

Edited by Monolake

I could have sworn it was the Detron that was put in the vault, not the Brakk, and that's why the Detron got its eventual release.

Ah well.

Also, I like how facehugger's claiming because he did 500 missions he has more of a say than anyone else that did the base 100. Good to know, facehugger, I'll immediatly disregard anyone else's opinion because you put in more effort and should thus be rewarded--

waitaminute.

Brakk was released.

Corpus supporters wanted Detron instead, but team "greedy milk" as they have been dubbed made the brakk so.

Detron gets released. Brakk users can get hold of the "exclusive" the corpus supporters wanted.

Only fair Brakk is made public seeing as the other would be exclusive gets released as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Brakk the week my brother graduated basic training,I was at a hotel with no internet for  75 percent of the event.When I returned home early in the morning thank god. I worked hard and got my Brakk like an hour before the deadline,now I a member of team greedy milk have to watch other player get the same gun with less work and the only benefit I got was a free potato and space!Greedy Milk Brakk's should get higher stats our something .We put in more work our Brakk should be set apart from the others.

Edited by Danoso

I a member of team greedy milk have to watch other player get the same gun with less work

Oh hell no.

You played a hundred invasions for a guaranteed weapon.

I throw myself at the mercy of RNGesus every time I try for the Brakk, battling layer after layer of RNG only to fail time and time again. I've done more runs than you, and I've never seen a single barrel.

Your Brakk is the welfare weapon here.

Oh hell no.

You played a hundred invasions for a guaranteed weapon.

I throw myself at the mercy of RNGesus every time I try for the Brakk, battling layer after layer of RNG only to fail time and time again. I've done more runs than you, and I've never seen a single barrel.

Your Brakk is the welfare weapon here.

You know what It funny how everyone farming it and thinks their doing work, your working with an RNG I had and objective .You think by farming you have it harder then us that absurd sure you may do more run and have allot more requirement ,but that doesn't justify people like you being able to get the same weapon as me.It like the Braton Vandal it was given to the first players of open beta, how would you think they would feel if people from the now were able to get the same weapon but all they had to do is farm a weak boss for it?

how would you think they would feel if people from the now were able to get the same weapon but all they had to do is farm a weak boss for it?

Don't care. I've pretty much given up trying to be reasonable and reach compromises to balance gameplay without removing anyone's precious exclusives, considering all I get in return are screams of "NO NO NO BADDIE BAD BAD."

It's like there was a damn pact made when I joined this forum, where a bunch of posters made it their sworn duty to scream "NO!" at every suggestion I ever make.

Don't care. I've pretty much given up trying to be reasonable and reach compromises to balance gameplay without removing anyone's precious exclusives, considering all I get in return are screams of "NO NO NO BADDIE BAD BAD."

It's like there was a damn pact made when I joined this forum, where a bunch of posters made it their sworn duty to scream "NO!" at every suggestion I ever make.

Well this is a Forum not the USSR we all have the right to disagree ,and yes people do go  crazy when their toy is given to someone when they feel like it should  to belong to them alone;but neither the less getting frustrated and giving up on logical conversation never solved anything.I saw your argument and raised my own if you don't have a proper rebuttal then I'm done good day.

Your counter-argument can be boiled down to "You've done more work than me but that doesn't mean you should get the same stuff."

You mentioned the Braton Vandal, which was available for no effort whatsoever during a part of the open beta, then tried to argue it would be unfair to re-release it even if players had to put in more effort to obtain it than the people who bought it from the market for 1c.

I don't think I can debate against your argument, but that's not a good thing--it just means I consider your opinion ridiculous.