Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nodding After A Commander Switch Teleport - Please No, Just No (Bumping Until It's Gone ?)

DeadScream

I love it and its funny to see my tenno Valk react the way she does. Shes all like WTF how did I get here moment. It shows our tenno are capable of emotion and makes the connection I have with them more real. Stop trying to ruin the game for us!

There are ways to improve that connection that don't remove agency and get us killed.

I love it and its funny to see my tenno Valk react the way she does. Shes all like WTF how did I get here moment. It shows our tenno are capable of emotion and makes the connection I have with them more real. Stop trying to ruin the game for us!

I'm dying, that's so funny ! :D

• 5 weeks later...

I don't see the problem. This 'stun' is extra quick, and rarely changes anything + it looks freaking cool.
I personally love how every Tenno has his/her unique way to be confused. My favorite is Ash's buggy (and I mean bug-like) browsing around. Love it. I don't want it to be removed.

Edited by Noxbi

I don't see the problem. This 'stun' is extra quick, and rarely changes anything + it looks freaking cool.

I personally love how every Tenno has his/her unique way to be confused. My favorite is Ash's buggy (and I mean bug-like) browsing around. Love it. I don't want it to be removed.

Yeah uh...say that when surrounded by 20+ lvl 65 Grineer units 

The animations are buggy as hell, doesn't look fluid or good in anyway, especially Excaliburs. The head turning in itself looks so sickeningly awkward.

This really shouldn't be a thing, nor should the door/shock traps. 

Let's just say yesterday's alert in the Grineer asteroid with the reactor reminded me over half a dozen times of why I hate this. Not only I was having trouble surviving myself and keeping the reactor alive Solo, those motherf****ng Commanders teleporting me several times in a row put me in a truly murderous mood. MOVE YOU DIMWIT, MOVE!!!!

Yeah uh...say that when surrounded by 20+ lvl 65 Grineer units

That's why I said "rarely". But even if I end up bleeding out on the floor after that teleportation, I have a team to help me. It's called cooperation.

The animations are buggy as hell, doesn't look fluid or good in anyway, especially Excaliburs. The head turning in itself looks so sickeningly awkward.

Hmm, I didn't see Excalibur's animation and how he stands up to the teleportation to 20+ lvl 65 Grineers. Gotta play as him again. And maybe then I'll agree with.

Edited by Noxbi

That's why I said "rarely".

I get that, but you still showing support for this feature isn't helping the issue. For all we know DE could be skimming this right now and see you're the one guy on here who genuinely likes being forcibly gimped with no way around it when it happens (it will happen) and thus they'll decide to keep it at the expense of everyone else who wants it gone. 

Is this a paranoid and irrational way of thinking? Yeah, probably. 

Not that I dislike you or anything, we don't even know eachother. 

I'm just failing to see how you could see this as a good idea that genuinely improves the 'experience' that is Warframe. 

You have no problem with being forced to just wait because your character is unable to act like a soldier instead of an emotional kawai manga girl ? 

Just imagine in a racing game, if a car gets crashed behind you, you can't do anything because your pilot suddenly turns his head back to see what happened ! Still okay ?

Just imagine in a racing game, if a car gets crashed behind you, you can't do anything because your pilot suddenly turns his head back to see what happened ! Still okay ?

Hmm, sounds cool, but you are right, not when it happens all the time. :D But I still think that it would be pretty exciting to see implemented in some cases.

So, OK, OK. All that I'm saying is that it is a pretty cool idea but can agree with you, it doesn't work all the time. And not that I love it to death or something. It's "just" cool for me. Maybe DE can remove it but not completly? I mean, many things and actions in the game are based on %s. Maybe if there was like 2% chance for Tenno to be confused while being teleported by the Commander? It's pretty rare and still leave some chance to slightly increase the difficulty for some players (especially the ones that are complaing about the difficulty). You know, I saw about 4 topics here today about Warframe being too easy (but in fact, I didn't read them) so that's why I feel it's the good way to satisfy that kind of gamers.

But as I think about it, you are right. Not everyone should suffer because of some crazy design ideas, at least not every time. :D

Edited by Noxbi

It's pretty rare and still leave some chance to increase the difficulty for some players (especially the ones that are complaing about the difficulty). 

There's the thing: you can't dodge Commander's switch teleport. If they see at least a pixel of you they can use that ability. There's no skill based counter to that. Look at Dark Souls. It's an action game with RPG elements yet EVERY attack (that I encountered) can be blocked or dodged if enough player skill is applied. This is not the case with Grineer Commanders in WF. It's not a challenge. It's nothing more than a gearcheck.

Edited by WhisperByte

Still love it happening, still isn't unfair and needs to stay in the game.

I was playing some Ceres Defense and those teleporting commanders happen to ST our frost away as he was casting his snowglobe. The animation was interrupted and resumed afterthe stun wore off, making him cast a globe in a totally useless spot. This is exactly the kind of difficulty this game needs more of.

Hmm, sounds cool, but you are right, not when it happens all the time. :D But I still think that it would be pretty exciting to see implemented in some cases.

So, OK, OK. All that I'm saying is that it is a pretty cool idea but can agree with you, it doesn't work all the time. And not that I love it to death or something. It's "just" cool for me. Maybe DE can remove it but not completly? I mean, many things and actions in the game are based on %s. Maybe if there was like 2% chance for Tenno to be confused while being teleported by the Commander? It's pretty rare and still leave some chance to slightly increase the difficulty for some players (especially the ones that are complaing about the difficulty). You know, I saw about 4 topics here today about Warframe being too easy (but in fact, I didn't read them) so that's why I feel it's the good way to satisfy that kind of gamers.

But as I think about it, you are right. Not everyone should suffer because of some crazy design ideas, at least not every time. :D

Umm... 

With all my respect, no. Increasing difficulty doesn't mean adding stuns. Even if they -indeed- increase the difficulty, they are not fun and they just punish you for something you couldn't avoid. 

Even with a 2% chances, it doesn't make sense ^^' 

They have to confuse the player, not the character.

We have already suggested a compromise: just make it avoidable. Give the Commander a tele-ray, or a charge-up or something that you can avoid if you're paying attention. It doesn't have to be completely removed in my opinion, but as it is now it's just a huge annoyance, it's a bad design decision, and it's immersion-breaking unless I assume what the Jackal said about my Tenno's mental acuity is true.

I was playing some Ceres Defense and those teleporting commanders happen to ST our frost away as he was casting his snowglobe. The animation was interrupted and resumed afterthe stun wore off, making him cast a globe in a totally useless spot. This is exactly the kind of difficulty this game needs more of.

They can add this kind of difficulty without stunlocking you performing an animation which is totally independent from your will. 

On the same Ceres defense I got switch teleported three times in the middle of 10 grineer soldiers, and even with everybody shooting at me, ruining my poor HP bar, my Ember still looked around until the end of the animation before I could do anything

That is totally unfair.

We have already suggested a compromise: just make it avoidable. Give the Commander a tele-ray, or a charge-up or something that you can avoid if you're paying attention. It doesn't have to be completely removed in my opinion, but as it is now it's just a huge annoyance, it's a bad design decision, and it's immersion-breaking unless I assume what the Jackal said about my Tenno's mental acuity is true.

Why not both? Avoidable teleportation with x% for Tenno to be confused by it. ;)

I think you'd be happier if your Tenno visibly reacted to things around him/her.

An explosion occurs nearby, your Ash glances in its direction. 

Squadmate downed? Weight shifts from foot to foot as Ash displays visible distress that you aren't having him rush to your downed ally.

Or maybe just implement some usable Frame emotes that aren't silly faces projected above, but expressive body language. 

^ This option has of course been talked about extensively in both Livestreams and the Forums

How about a middle ground: the tenno still looks left and right taking control over the camera for a second or two, but we can still move freely.

How about they fix the AI so they take some time to turn around and notice you instead? it would solve all other kinds of issues regarding their omniscience.

I think you'd be happier if your Tenno visibly reacted to things around him/her.

An explosion occurs nearby, your Ash glances in its direction. 

Squadmate downed? Weight shifts from foot to foot as Ash displays visible distress that you aren't having him rush to your downed ally.

Or maybe just implement some usable Frame emotes that aren't silly faces projected above, but expressive body language. 

^ This option has of course been talked about extensively in both Livestreams and the Forums

There's a difference between that and taking control from the player's hands.

There's a difference between that and taking control from the player's hands.

I'm well aware. The only person on this thread who seems to actually want this though seems to be wanting to get more expressiveness out of his Warframe. So I suggested what you quoted. Simple.

do tell how this could only happen if some random unavoidable crap ("difficulty") was topped off with a stun. and do tell why giving players the agency to avoid it if noticed early would be bad.

Edited by SlyBoots