Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Improvements And Additions] - Building Modes | New Rooms And Objects | The Dojo Visuals

DreamCaster3

Back on topic, I'd want some absolutely enormous banners. I'm trying to decorate my dojo in the vein of your typical craphole dictatorship (think North Korea or Stalin's Russia) by plastering the walls with my clan emblem, but the existing ones just aren't big enough for the grandest hall.

I agree especially in the largest halls. Banners which could span the walls horizontally, vertically or even both would be a real nice option. I'll add it up top :)

Personally i was just about to post about the statue problem. I mean i figured they would add corpus and infested statues for a long time but to no avail. The fact I'm not the only one brings hope to me.

The birds eye view i feel should be the only view. Not only for decorating but also the ability to move rooms around (its not like we lose anything moving them around the current way anyways) and Change them in style from the old style rooms and the new style rooms at will. (and maybe that super sick dueling room that they had added for a day or two before removing it in a hotfix and giving us the current dueling rooms which are significantly more bland) I like both styles and I'd like to be able to use them in tangent with each other.  In essence; If you have architect privileges you have the ability to enter the dojo in a admin mode so to speak. where you can do anything and manipulate it in any way you want. Course im a RTS player so walking back and forth is kinda annoying. especially when your idle animation mess's it up while confirming and the sticky button is slightly off center

Building on that kinda sim's style architect view. I feel it would make sense if you have to maintain certain structures like the Reactor's.  Maybe make a sort of minigame that allows you to perform actions like Diagnostic's and Repairs to primary systems of the Reactors. if reactors start to fail; rooms will start to "shut down" (doors open slow and jerkidly, lights will shut off or start to flicker.) and if all the reactors shut down the dojo will revert to emergency power that will only provide minimal illumination and allow you to use the dilapidated doors and use elevators. (i realize this is really extreme and could be just a huge annoyance but it may appeal to more people than i think)

lastly i would like to see more dojo rooms with function. You mentioned a firing range and mastery room which i think are awesome ideas.  The observatory I've toyed with before but i feel like instead of a room it should be like a trading post. a small "decoration" that has four Kneeling spots where you and four friends can form a party together and start missions from the dojo itself. when the party breaks up you all stand up back in your dojo.  
another room id like to see as a room is a Forge. someplace you can access your crafting menu from within the dojo and build from there.  Maybe even have things build faster when your clan has access to a forge (so you don't have to go to the clan dojo to initiate builds and them taking the normal time instead of the faster time from your forge in the dojo).  They probably don't even need a new room for this; they can just make the Oracle have this function (but still call it the oracle of course).

Just my wall of text of thoughts

EDIT: It occured to me today that the gardens should interact with each other. like if you built two gardens of the same type next to each other the walls between them would disappear entirely. 

Edited by SaKaul

Was about to make a post similar to this, after doing a bunch of decorating.

Strongly agree that you shouldn't have to run back to the control panel every time.  It should put you into a mode, that you stay in until you exit it, and from that mode, you can create new decoration (if you have permission), move/resize decorations (again if you have permission), contribute, and leave the mode.  The current placing of objects shows that this type of quasi-menu functionality should be possible.  And the ability to basically re-enter the placement mode for an existing object would be very nice, so you can try a spot, then walk around it and check from all sides, and then tweak it more if so desired.

Also strongly agree that we need more statues.  I know DE loves the Grineer, but I want a matching number of statues, on the same sort of pedestals, for Corpus, Infested, and Tenno.  And some fences would be nice.

Additional things I'd like to see added or changed:

1.  Room textures.  I dislike the cold, steel look.  I want something warmer, more inviting.  Give me a couple of textures to pick from, like wooden floors, sandy floors, wood paneled walls, etc.

2.  The constant red "can't place stuff here" thing needs to be improved.  Yeah, that's on your list, but it needs to be on there twice ;)  Most of the time, things aren't near to overlapping each other.  And other times, I'd like to purposely overlap some stuff, like some of the stones attached to a pair of bench models.  If there isn't a good reason to block me from placing the object, let me decide if clipping is an issue or not.  Ultimately, how my room looks reflects on me after all.  And right now, the stupid limitations on where I can place stuff are really annoying.  It kills the ability to be creative with objects to create unique looks.

3.  For the idea of being able to replace corridors... that should include the garden squares as well, as those are essentially + corridors, just fancier.

4.  Signs.  It'd be nice to be able to put a sign post that says "Obstacle Course ==>"  or to hang a sign that says "Tenno Lab" above or next to the door that goes to the Tenno lab.  And ideally, said signs come in both the futuristic metal look and the more natural wooden style.

5.  I'd like the ability to allow someone to decorate on a room level.  Not a global permission, in other words, but something set in and for the room.  So I could give Joe a Sand Zen Garden that is his to decorate, but nothing else.

6.  Different colors for the banners.  Let me pick my own color for 'em please.  Heck, charge plat to unlock the banners in this or that color if they must.

Edited by Axterix13

Personally i was just about to post about the statue problem. I mean i figured they would add corpus and infested statues for a long time but to no avail. The fact I'm not the only one brings hope to me.

Was about to make a post similar to this, after doing a bunch of decorating.

Thank you for the support both of you. You're definitely not the only ones who believe this :) There is so much room for improvement in the dojo and hopefully some of the ideas on this thread will be implemented in the near future. You both have ideas which are heard somewhere on this forum, so hopefully with enough attention this can all be brought together and be noticed by more and more people to show their support for the developments listed :)

It'd be nice to be able to make the dojo unique to all others as currently no matter what you do there is bound to be someone who has done it too. Let's get this rolling :D

I've noticed that you cannot queue up the destruction of rooms connected to each other. for example you have Rooms 3,2,1 connected together in a straight line.

Im in awe that you cannot destroy Room 2 when Room 3 is queued up for destruction, same with Room 1 aswell.

I've noticed that you cannot queue up the destruction of rooms connected to each other. for example you have Rooms 3,2,1 connected together in a straight line.

Im in awe that you cannot destroy Room 2 when Room 3 is queued up for destruction, same with Room 1 aswell.

Yeah I do see your point. There is logic to it, however it is irritating when you wish to remodel. 

Their idea is that you cannot destroy rooms instantly or rooms joined together at the same time as you may decide you don't want to remove the room. Larger clans may have a few members who build and one may try to delete something another has built or simply you may decide you want to keep the design you already have. Gives time for the destruction to be cancelled and save a hassle of rebuilding the exact same thing.

However from your perspective, I see that if someone is sure that they wish a room to be deleted then it can be annoying that you can't delete it instantly and you cannot queue adjacent rooms in destruction either.

Maybe the person who ordered the construction of those rooms can queue the destruction of them too? Could be a possible however I feel it'd be quite a difficult feature to implement as complaints would come back saying this person deleted my room etc. Not sure.

Still I would like to see it change so i'm with you on that Phobose :)

Their idea is that you cannot destroy rooms instantly or rooms joined together at the same time as you may decide you don't want to remove the room. Larger clans may have a few members who build and one may try to delete something another has built or simply you may decide you want to keep the design you already have. Gives time for the destruction to be cancelled and save a hassle of rebuilding the exact same thing.

To be honest, if that's the goal, then two hours seems a rather silly amount of time.  Even for a reasonably sized clan, I'd imagine it is quite possible for a good chunk of time to go past before someone realizes a room is marked for destruction.  And then there has to be someone on with the authority to cancel it.  Personally, I can't see any clan handing that out left and right, as it requires a certain level of trust, both in what they'll build and because they get the power to destroy with it.

And speaking of blowing things up... it'd be nice if there was some way to reorganize your Dojo's rooms without having to do that.  I'd imagine there's quite a few Dojos like mine, that have a long line of clan halls as they build their way to max size one... and then what?  For that matter, I had to destroy all my labs just so I could move them.

your ideas are awesome me and the clan throw similar ideas around constantly. the ones that stand out are the larger capacity for gardens 30 would be awesome, and the firing or weapon trial room, and the mastery rank test room. being able to redo the mastery ranks would be awesome. i think me and

the clan have spent more than a few days just setting up builds to do the obstacle course and try and beat each others times. its a little added bonus

for us to step away from the combat for a bit. keep up the good work with the ideas and hopefully we shall see some added.

your ideas are awesome me and the clan throw similar ideas around constantly. the ones that stand out are the larger capacity for gardens 30 would be awesome, and the firing or weapon trial room, and the mastery rank test room. being able to redo the mastery ranks would be awesome. i think me and

the clan have spent more than a few days just setting up builds to do the obstacle course and try and beat each others times. its a little added bonus

for us to step away from the combat for a bit. keep up the good work with the ideas and hopefully we shall see some added.

Thanks for the support man :) And in relation to the trees, possible adding the feature to change the colour of them, might allow for greater customisation. Another thing I'd like to see is more regularly shaped trees. I know it sounds a little boring but sometimes it's what looks nicer. MORE TREES :3 I'll add it above along with your colour customisation for them.

And speaking of blowing things up... it'd be nice if there was some way to reorganize your Dojo's rooms without having to do that.  I'd imagine there's quite a few Dojos like mine, that have a long line of clan halls as they build their way to max size one... and then what?  For that matter, I had to destroy all my labs just so I could move them.

I see where you're coming from. And in terms of this quote ^ maybe it'd be nice to allow us to move rooms about in a sort of overlord mode or something, no idea what to call it but i'll explain.

This mode would allow you to go floor by floor reorganising your dojo with the rooms available. Lifts obviously would have to be matched on all floors assuming more than one floor is present. You would have a sort of blueprint of your dojo available and you could select and move rooms around until you find a layout which works, you then accept this layout and game processes and reorganises the rooms. You will spawn in the room you have set as spawn room. This menu, in case of catastrophe should be available through a button or keyboard shortcut (not a console, panel or the likes), which will appear only to those selected to have such power by the Clan Leader(s), and be located under the minimap UI. 

This is a thought in progress, however since you brought it up I thought I'd share how far I am with it so far. I'm still considering the problems that could arise and then I will need to locate what ways around them there are. Then I will add it to the main list :)

Sounds like a few of the ideas I had. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/188194-room-additions-decorations-ideas/

Although it looks like DE has decided upon making a trophy room. I hope additional decorations are also added with it. 

I really still want the Clan Vault though with contribution records. 

Took a look at your post. Sounds good :) 

Contributions would make for easier monitoring of clan member activity so I think it's quite an essential feature.

I have an idea that entwines with the clan managment. 

give the ability to display a message board in rooms (Outside of edit Dojo board)

For example. 

You have a Cross corridor a new member joins. to better give him directions you place a message board in the corridor with Directions to where is where.

Took a look at your post. Sounds good :) 

Contributions would make for easier monitoring of clan member activity so I think it's quite an essential feature.

There's a trading-post-like decoration now for donating credits.  Hopefully it'll see additional functionality added, like the ability to donate mats and formas, as well as see who has donated what (if you can't already).

Add downgrading clan please and for the payment is reset all clan achievement not the research because I already spend to much money to make the clan and I started to play again from long not playing this game and my clan mate already inactive. My clan is storm clan and im the only one active >.<

and all the old research already done.

I have an idea that entwines with the clan managment. 

give the ability to display a message board in rooms (Outside of edit Dojo board)

For example. 

You have a Cross corridor a new member joins. to better give him directions you place a message board in the corridor with Directions to where is where.

Directional boards would be very useful indeed. It'd make traversing the dojo a lot easier because no matter how you make it a dojo will always be huge if you are to incorporate all the rooms. 

Add downgrading clan please and for the payment is reset all clan achievement not the research because I already spend to much money to make the clan and I started to play again from long not playing this game and my clan mate already inactive. My clan is storm clan and im the only one active >.<

and all the old research already done.

You are able to downgrade your clan by removing a barracks. If however the old style clans didn't have barracks (I wouldn't know as I didn't have a clan at that point), the DE should sort you out if you submit a ticket with problems with downgrading :) Research won't be lost either. 

There's a trading-post-like decoration now for donating credits.  Hopefully it'll see additional functionality added, like the ability to donate mats and formas, as well as see who has donated what (if you can't already).

It's listed above to in the Clan UI section of my post :) It'd be really nice to see listed contributions in order to see who is actually contributing and who is not and is just taking advantage. A clan is a group effort not something you join to exploit in my opinion at least. I'm happy for anyone to join sure, but they should show some kind of contribution which is why I agree strongly with you here.

Have clan leader(s) be able to see contribution and set at what limit of contribution a player is allowed to replicate blueprints in the research labs etc.  I think that is only fair as others may put a lot into the clan and some may not yet both yield the same reward. I find it slightly unfair, and I think I'm right in saying I won't be alone in that either.

i Just want to change the room type without destroying it, even if i have to pay for it, or contibute with even more materials. i dont care. There's room's i want to change but i cant destroy them because they are conected to other important buildings...

Edited by SilverCrow426

i Just want to change the room type without destroying it, even if i have to pay for it, or contibute with even more materials. i dont care. There's room's i want to change but i cant destroy them because they are conected to other important buildings...

That could work however the room in question would need to be the same size and have the right amount of doors assuming there are other rooms connected. That would be a great fix through, but it may be that not many rooms would be able to fit as a replacement. I do agree with you through :)

• 2 weeks later...