The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Is Horrible

(PSN)linkXP

Got to admit he is a pretty much useless frame. You can say how his 4 can be spammed or whatever but thats nothing compared to novas or rhinos 4. I didnt want oberon for a nuker frame and that's all it is. A S#&$ty nuker. Im disappointed that his abilities were so lackluster and boring. Which is why I sold him

I consider Oberon better than Ash.

And he isn't bad.

His 4 spamming at low levels can keep the team top off on health and is more reliably than his 3.

His 3 used to be able to revive team mates that were nearly down, but it was nerfed, so that is kinda a bummer though.

You can use oberon to OVERSPAM red balls , with ecolibrium, personally i use +150% power + vitality + ecolibrium + rage + ultimate skill and i could survive lonely till 40/45 minutes in orokin survives.

The ones wich don t die (like the ancients) could be easly killed with a penta as a "side" weapon

Oberon is a pro character... you need to be a player that plays down the line of tactician... if your not a tactician he is not your warframe... Meaning you need to be pro with Vauban, Volt, and Nekros... in an offensive manner. NOT the cowardly defensive manner of using Nekros as a farmer, or using Vauban for strictly bastille, and vortex, but as the tactical blitzkrieg killing machine rushers they are... THEN AND ONLY THEN will you understand the full POWER of Oberon... The destructive Divine Archangel of the Tenno... The Keeper of balance, and order in the universe... The Overseer of Tenno...

You must learn to wield multi-target damage weapons such as penta, ignis, embolist, and various other weapons, and then end the enemies misery with REDEMPTION!!! Strike them down with their sins against the Order, and balance that all Tenno stand for, and keep the balance as the healing orbs rain upon your allies healing them, and keep them safe. Then keep them alive with heals, and when the enemies flock in hordes... SMITE THEM!!!

Let your Might be Order! Let your Mercy be the Balance, and Bring Retribution to your foes!

I love you. lol this pretty much some up Oberon, and all Paladin classes in any game. I tip my hat to you sir.

oberon isn't bad really but is outclassed by almost all warframes  in whatever it does, reckoning is the cc/nuke aoe ability that's on like half of the frames with some healing wich is pretty luckluster at high levels, hallowed ground is so useless it might as well not be there at all and renewal is just too slow to be of any use.

long short story: if you wanted to heal you should've got trinity and if you wanted to do damage there are like 15 warframes who can do it better, anyway give it time, look how much it took for valkyr to get to a reasonable point, hopefully oberon will get fixed too.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Oberon is a pro character... you need to be a player that plays down the line of tactician... if your not a tactician he is not your warframe... Meaning you need to be pro with Vauban, Volt, and Nekros... in an offensive manner. NOT the cowardly defensive manner of using Nekros as a farmer, or using Vauban for strictly bastille, and vortex, but as the tactical blitzkrieg killing machine rushers they are... THEN AND ONLY THEN will you understand the full POWER of Oberon... The destructive Divine Archangel of the Tenno... The Keeper of balance, and order in the universe... The Overseer of Tenno...

You must learn to wield multi-target damage weapons such as penta, ignis, embolist, and various other weapons, and then end the enemies misery with REDEMPTION!!! Strike them down with their sins against the Order, and balance that all Tenno stand for, and keep the balance as the healing orbs rain upon your allies healing them, and keep them safe. Then keep them alive with heals, and when the enemies flock in hordes... SMITE THEM!!!

Let your Might be Order! Let your Mercy be the Balance, and Bring Retribution to your foes!

lold 

but srsly no, maybe useful, but not fun at all, unless you like to brainlessly spam 4 , then he is the best

But for real, You just aren't using him right.

Efficiency + Range + 4 Spam = Perma Stunlock, with a touch of Healing.

Oberon is fun as hell if you build him right, and play him right, lol i love spaming reckoning.

Whatever happened to people trying to eliminate "Press 4 to Win"?

I'm inclined to agree, the only abilities I find on him that are useful are his 4 and 3. The rest are just very subpar.

Luckily with the right build his 4 and 3 can make him very viable.

All he needs is some tweets on his 1 and 2, primarily removing the RNG element of 1, and either reworking, or making his 2 scale INVERSELY off of power duration like his 3.

That's all he needs in my opinion.

Overall, I found his powers a bit weak.  However, once I boost his efficiency, he became a lot better.  Get Fleeting Expertise and Streamline to push Reckoning down to 25 cost.  And of course add some range and power.  Sure, FE's -duration hurts Hallowed Ground, but that power is pretty weaksauce anyway.  Go for efficiency against anything with some levels, and bust out a HG friendly build only when it is actually beneficial.

Yeah, I think Oberon could use work & posted some ideas in another thread.

I like the concept of all the frames fitting a cohesive theme and being super fun to play alongside others as someone else posted too. Even if its not perfect game power balance right away, there's room to improve what's in game,  and room for constructive L2P too! Glad they update the game so often.

I would like to thank the people that gave me a calm level-headed response instead of getting offended. I will be honest I did NOT pay for Oberon I lied because I seriously wanted to get their attention I personally love the look of Oberon except his roundish torso and his freakishly small fore-arms, calves, hands and feet. I do think it is pretty awesome that he some what looks like a deer. Now I still do stand by my word when I say his poweres are bad especially on a PS4 because it is harder to multi-task with the controller smite basically doesnt do any damage and can only hit multiple enemies in small room hollowed ground is even worse the damage is more of a passive after effect and only expand over about 4 metres in a rectangular shape without mods the healing skill is actually really good which i enjoy but i also want to be able to do good amounts of damage at the same time and the ultimate is pretty basic to be honest. All in all I know alot of us can relate when I say Oberon is a very BASIC warframe, I mean no disrespect by this but i just wanted to give some constructive criticism on the opic. Oberon still needs alot of work he is a pretty half assed warframe to be honest. On a side note Warframe is still an amasing game in my opinion so don't get confused as if i hate the game

Whatever happened to people trying to eliminate "Press 4 to Win"?

How the hell do you not have more upvotes for this? 

But people encouraging spamming 4 have several? 

If people think and agree with the idea that modding for press-4-to-win nuking is the best bet for a frame then that frame is horrible. No wait, that frame is horrible. Much better. 

If Oberon is meant to be played tactically, then playing him tactically needs to be made more effective than gearing him up to spam 4. 

But people encouraging spamming 4 have several? 

If people think and agree with the idea that modding for press-4-to-win nuking is the best bet for a frame then that frame is horrible. No wait, that frame is horrible. Much better. 

If Oberon is meant to be played tactically, then playing him tactically needs to be made more effective than gearing him up to spam 4. 

It's the same common misconception with Nova. Contrary to popular belief, Molecular Prime isn't her only ability. Antimatter drop does much more damage than Molecular Prime for starters. MP is primarily utility later on in the higher levels. Wormhole is also extremely handy. Her being a glass cannon means she needs some means of quick escape.

There isn't really a "Press 4 to win" warframe on the game right now. Every frame has more than one good ability.

It's the same common misconception with Nova. Contrary to popular belief, Molecular Prime isn't her only ability. Antimatter drop does much more damage than Molecular Prime for starters. MP is primarily utility later on in the higher levels. Wormhole is also extremely handy. Her being a glass cannon means she needs some means of quick escape.

There isn't really a "Press 4 to win" warframe on the game right now. Every frame has more than one good ability.

"Effective", he has options. 

But his most "effective" option is to press 4 to win. 

It's not a matter of what he can do, it's what he is best at. And unlike other frames who have worthwhile reasons to use other abilities, Oberon doesn't. 

It's a better CC than anything else, a better form of damage, a better or at least comparable form of healing. Nothing else Oberon supplies can compare to what Reckoning does.  

Edited by LukeAura

"Effective", he has options. 

But his most "effective" option is to press 4 to win. 

It's not a matter of what he can do, it's what he is best at. And unlike other frames who have worthwhile reasons to use other abilities, Oberon doesn't. 

It's a better CC than anything else, a better form of damage, a better or at least comparable form of healing. Nothing else Oberon supplies can compare to what Reckoning does.  

Reckoning doesn't really do anything high-wave. Oberon isn't really a high-wave Warframe since his abilities lack a lot of utility except for Renewal. At the same waves Reckoning kills, all of his abilities work wonderfully as well.

Oberon is more of a mid-range warframe if you expect to kill plentifully with his abilities, although the damage can range into the higher levels.

Smite effectively eliminates mosh pits of enemies,

Hallowed Ground is basically "fire and forget" at a door. it kills enemies while you run off and do other things.

Renewal effectively heals all teammates with low health reserves.

Reckoning is an AoE capable of killing plenty of enemies in addition to a chance to drop health orbs.

There is no "Press 4 to win" warframe.

Edited by LynXiC

Reckoning doesn't really do anything high-wave. Oberon isn't really a high-wave Warframe since his abilities lack a lot of utility except for Renewal.

Oberon is more of a mid-range warframe if you expect to kill plentifully with his abilities, although the damage can range into the higher levels.

Smite effectively eliminates mosh pits of enemies,

Hallowed Ground is basically "fire and forget" at a door. it kills enemies while you run off and do other things.

Renewal effectively heals all teammates with low health reserves.

Reckoning is an AoE capable of killing plenty of enemies in addition to a chance to drop health orbs.

There is no "Press 4 to win" warframe.

Enemies don't mosh pit often enough. Nor is it strong enough to deal with mid level enemies. And if they're mosh pitting, A gun easily handles that.

Hallowed Ground hits one small area, it will weaken enemies even at midlevels but not kill them as they run through it.

Renewal provides a slow form of healing. Most of the time you're taking chip damage to health. 25-50 points of health is more than enough. And for 75 energy, why not just nuke the room to save yourself the damage you'd take?

Reckoning is still better than them all.

And you're still misunderstanding press-4-to-win. Reckoning can handle everything for Oberon, it is the path of least resistance. "Press-4-to-win" is not the denial of other abilities, it is the strength of the 4 ability to the point no other ability is needed.

Every frame has options, but if a 4 can reliably handle all situations then that frame is press 4 to win.

Edited by LukeAura

Exactly :D 

Each warframe is unique and depends on your play style if you can control him or not.

Edited by AlexCrytek