Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Iron Skin Buff

Orcot

It was just an idea, and I am not sure if it would be a good idea or not. I just think the resistance mods and steel fiber need to apply to more things so they have a clearer benefit in using them.

I am sort of against the snow globe getting Frost's armor, because DE could very easily make it trivializes everything under level 70. The same problem could happen to Rhino if his armor was applied to the Iron skin. That is the reason that I think it should just be a capped DR if done at all because armor could over buff it. If people were just allowed to stack 399 armor it would be doubling the effectiveness of iron skin.

That is a fair point, but why would you use a highly modded Frame for anything lower than level 60, it just makes sense to give Snow Globe some scaling, all powers should scale in some way other than just modding, if more powers were tied to Frame stats we'd see an increase in build diversity and a resurgence of powers being used again that have fallen behind in effectiveness return.

This math would have been absolute before Damage 2.0,  it wouldn't hold the same anymore.

As I said, no one uses defensive mods, Steel Fiber is only considered for Valkyr cause she actually uses it and is affected by different damage types cause of this, making combat against different enemies a varied experience for her.  We don't have the same static numbers we use to anymore.

Thats not entirely true that no one uses defensive mods, but they are only usefull on 4 frames that have good base armor to begin with and only Valk has quick and reliable way of restoring health, many things need to be changed to make health and armor more important on other frames. Tying armor to abilities is not a good way and only affect those particular frames (and they already benefit from Steel fiber gaining ~1200 ehp)

Why would anyone think that Iron skin needs a buff? As been said it is affected by power mods already, why should there be another factor on top of that? 

As I've put in the OP, it's ineffective on high leveled missions, it has a base health of 1200 and with mods can be maxed too 2748, if Frost gets armor applied to Snow Globs base 3500 health there won't be much use for Iron Skin, since SG is also affected by mods, CCs and can cover teammates, it will make IS obsolete.

Thats not entirely true that no one uses defensive mods, but they are only usefull on 4 frames that have good base armor to begin with and only Valk has quick and reliable way of restoring health, many things need to be changed to make health and armor more important on other frames. Tying armor to abilities is not a good way and only affect those particular frames (and they already benefit from Steel fiber gaining ~1200 ehp)

By defensive mods, I was also reffering to mods that affect fire, ice and other like Shock Absorbers, these mods are considered useless by the community and are ignored, Steel Fiber happens to be the most useful for only three Frames, two of which have abilities that makes their high armor redundant.

The point of tying armor to these powers is to support what they do, Iron Skin draws aggro and is very easy to lose on higher leveled missions, while Snow Globe cover a large area, which is hwy it has more health than IS but as many have pointed out, it gets taken down too fast.

As I've put in the OP, it's ineffective on high leveled missions, it has a base health of 1200 and with mods can be maxed too 2748, if Frost gets armor applied to Snow Globs base 3500 health there won't be much use for Iron Skin, since SG is also affected by mods, CCs and can cover teammates, it will make IS obsolete.

huh? even pre-nerf Snow globe never made Iron skin redundant, its very different skilll on a different frame, being immobile for one, it pretty obvious. Hi-levels are supposed to be hard, and as it is, where Rhinos need to play carefully other frames simply die in 2 seconds. And fixed-number abilities will always have its limit, stacking Rhino base armor will simply make Iron skin have  63% more hitpoints, thats still not enough to shrug off damage of a lvl40 heavy, but even more OP for low-mid levels, where 90% of the game is.

By defensive mods, I was also reffering to mods that affect fire, ice and other like Shock Absorbers, these mods are considered useless by the community and are ignored, Steel Fiber happens to be the most useful for only three Frames, two of which have abilities that makes their high armor redundant.

The point of tying armor to these powers is to support what they do, Iron Skin draws aggro and is very easy to lose on higher leveled missions, while Snow Globe cover a large area, which is hwy it has more health than IS but as many have pointed out, it gets taken down too fast.

Does it draw aggro at all? afaik that is an old info, never noticed Iron Skin affecting aggro. 

Snow globe got over-nerfed, but Im against putting armor rating on it, since it will force Frosts to use both - power and armor mods, that on top of duration and efficiency mods you already have to equip to compensate for the nerf, there are no sots for all that. Make power mods twice more effective on Snowglobe, then it might be move viable at 30+ levels (needs testing)

In fact I would be all for buffing Blind Rage, its a bloody 10 point rare mod that only veterans who did hell-lot of farming can max (nevermind Steel charge fiasco exploiters), but Blind Rage doesn't scale all that well to make fixed number powers good into high levels, in fact you would rather use max efficiency over max power strength build on allmost everyhting. +99% (+129% with focus) is nothing when everyhting else scales several 1000 % including weapon damage mods and enemies effective HP

So you want to buff iron skin because...? 

This would make rhino even easier to play. 

And your justification is that powers scale badly. 

Well, news flash, armor doesn't scale either. 

This is the same as just flat out doubling the hp of the skin and give it exponential increase with mods. 

No. 

So you want to buff iron skin because...? 

This would make rhino even easier to play. 

And your justification is that powers scale badly. 

Well, news flash, armor doesn't scale either. 

This is the same as just flat out doubling the hp of the skin and give it exponential increase with mods. 

No. 

Rhino is only easy to play on lower tiered levels, I'm sure your opinion on Iron Skin would change in T3 defense, you'll find yourself relying on your guns and Roar more than anything else, Rhino isn't easy when your enemies are strong.

As I said earlier, if armor was applied through a math formula instead of a straight application similar to how Paralysis calculates shields into power damage it wouldn't make Iron Skin OP, it's an indirect buff/nerf, it would remain less effective against Puncture, Toxin, and Corrosive, strengthen it further to Slash and Blast, while only marginally reducing the effectiveness of other damage types.  It's not as big of a boost you believe it to be.