The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Can we all contemplate on the fact that in order to beat out Warframe, Nexon is resorting to giving the other games the company publishes events and other promotional items just for winning at a competition?

http://mabiofficial.tumblr.com/post/81453152608/you-win-if-we-win

Not only is this unfair to Digital Extremes, seeing as they are unable to perform such a low tactic, but because of this crap, Nexon gained another 10% to bring them higher than Warframe just under 12 hours before voting is over.

I really am an avid fan of Warframe and as a past-Mabinogi player I'm really ashamed that I used to be associated with a company that would stoop so low to bribe their player-base so that they can win an online competition.

Hundreds of millions of players play their games, why can't we get some?

You're enraged about a dumb poll. Chill.

At this point I don't even care if we lose. They had to tap into all of their games to beat us. We gave them a run for their money. We proved that as an independently developed game, we are better than any single one of Nexon's games. 

Like Alkaiser said, that's a win. Like the Battle of Thermopylae. 

If we used our full force the poll would be much farther won to be fair

Of course you don't agree. You are attempting to justify your (Nexon's) unethical actions to appease your conscious about the nature of what is going on.

To your discussion about brute force, so lets just go with that, obviously neither game's "full" player base cares enough to click a link and vote on a relatively meaningless poll.  The poll really is just for entertainment purposes.  I'm even willing to cede the point that Mabi's playerbase world wide blows Warframe's out of the water (I don't know this for a fact, but I'm just going to surrender the point). Lets just assume that Mabi has about 30 million fans, (about 4x the amount of warframes entire compliment of registered tenno).  that means that 19,500 / 30,000,000 = ..065% of your player base cared to vote (pre incentivized voting rush). 

now lets take warframe's numbers and subtract a hypothetical 3k from it to adjust for airmech's hypothetical bonus.  we have about 17,500 /7,900,000 = .22% of our player base voting.  More of our players on average care about our games reputation WITHOUT any sort of bribes or incentives.  

Just a little food for thought. yes I rounded some numbers up to make the math easier.

And I'm tired. have a good night :)

Youre comparing the entirety of Mabinogi to Warframe when only its smallest part is voting here

Im sure most of Warframes votes are coming from a similar area but keep in mind were one of the smaller parts of Mabi competing against warframe

The bigger stronger parts are overseas

And Warframes community seems to have openly accepted the support

Its really a matter of circumstances

I dont want to start a flame war again but when youre on the losing side its easy to take the role youre taking

Same for my side to be fair

Unless i agree with you guys entirely im only playing the role of the villain here

Edited by Azawarau

If we lose, I'm curious...

...How will that effect the final poll?

How many people from here will vote against Mabi in that final stage of Mabi vs Smite/PoE in that case?

Last night, I remember everybody being legitimately happy at the close competition. It hyped everyone up. Even when we started falling behind, we kept happy, confident, and civil. Right now, what I'm seeing is anger towards Nexon.

Maybe this wasn't such a good move on Nexon's part, even if it is within the rules.

...let's wait and see.

Warframe is losing atm but...

Never Fear theres always the moon clans saving for the last minute to vote, and besides warframe community is better than nexon.  At lease DE listens to their community vs nexon.

I sure hope so.  If mabi actually wins, think of all those poor souls who would try the game thinking it deserves #1.  we can't let that happen!

Megathreads are an irresponsibls, ineffective and pitiful form of putting threads to an order. Once I see what happens next update, I plan on filling a complaint to moderators this weekend about this just as well. But overall, our forum isn't the very best and needs some code infrastructure care as we are growing to 1 million.

meathreads are the best option for organizing a single discussion / topic into 1 ,so how are they as bad as they way you put them ?

mods and admins keep a text file on megathread = key-points / major discussions / last left off etc etc #

you might find it horrible and bad but no matter what you say it wont change their mind

If we used our full force the poll would be much farther won to be fair

Youre comparing the entirety of Mabinogi to Warframe when only its smallest part is voting here

Im sure most of Warframes votes are coming from a similar area but keep in mind were one of the smaller parts of Mabi competing against warframe

The bigger stronger parts are overseas

And Warframes community seems to have openly accepted the support

Its really a matter of circumstances

I dont want to start a flame war again but when youre on the losing side its easy to take the role youre taking

Same for my side to be fair

sure thing warframe accepted their help, pretty quick about it too.

I mean, when someone comes and helps you, even when you did not ask for it.

Will the person ever say,"Why you helping? Go away i dont need your help."

A simple "Thank you" to show that you at least appreciate their help, even if you don't need it, is what we all call "manners"

Just because DE expressed their gratitude for Airmech's assistance, they did it because they appreciate their help, even when they did not ask for it.

It is not that DE asked for any help, gave Airmech any incentives to warrant their help, never asked them for their help. Instead, they offered to help us of their own accord. Offered incentives to whatever small community they have to rally up people, but why? Why did Airmech help?

Have anyone thought about why Airmech decided to vote for us?

It is because they LIKE Warframe. Feel that Warframe is the game that is the BETTER Mmo (Not that Warframe is a mmo of course.)

An outsider coming to vote for Warframe is entirely JUSTIFIED.

Mabinogi, ruled by Nexon, of course has the superior community. They rallied their entire force, offered incentives over many Nexon games, in an attempt to crush us once and for all.

We have no hard feelings. It just shows that Warframe and its community are RESPECTED by outsiders. There is no wrong in that. Its common sense.

Technically speaking, if we view this from another perspective, its DE vs Nexon. DE only told their community to vote, and bam, so many votes.(Not counting Airmech)

Nexon had to offer incentives over so many games just to get that many votes.

So, who is the better game?

Cheers!

Quoted again for more viewers (honestly speaking this thread is so gigantic posts just fly past without getting read), do you feel that Nexon's actions are justified? Discuss!

Go ask the Ragnarok Online community for help. They'll get you 3,000+ votes in a few hour

3.jpg

Seeing as Mobi has gotten literally over 9000 votes in about 4 hours... Yeah, seems legit.

I'm not even kidding.  They're pushing around 10k votes in about 4 hours.