The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Closed Beta Badge?

Namacyst

umm

hellur

you guys got vandal lato/braton jeezz

The reason why i suggested a Badge is in the initial post. Closed Beta tester should be able to show that they were in closed beta whithout having to carry inferior/bad weapons around like Founders can with their Badge.

Noun1.naysaying - the act of saying no to a request

denial - the act of refusing to comply (as with a request); "it resulted in a complete denial of his privileges.

God only knows where you're getting that word from. I certainly haven't said no to your request--I've proposed the possibility of a trade that gets us both what we want. It's called a compromise--you want bling, I want Mastery.

If you say no to my request because you personally don't get something out of it, even if the discussed matter does not and will not affect you in any way then that's ok, not much of a reasonable argument but still ok. Alot of people here said yes without them getting something out of it and are willing to grant a small amount of people some nice treat as appreciation.. but not everyone is that way.

Hmm... an badge would suffice to be honest unless we CBT get more juicy things :D

I (we) don't want more juicy things.. a small badge to be able to show that we were there while we still can be effective while playing (wihout having to use the said inferior guns) is enough. Sure i could ask for a Buff for Lato Vandal / Braton Vandal to make them viable and near top tier but  that would be just a reason for rage and jealousy and i don't want that (i asked for Braton Vandal buff alot without any response from DE so that's in the past).

A Badge does not hurt anyone or messes with balance.

Edited by Namacyst

NO! NOT A BADGE! How will I be the only one with a badge!? No! I can't have anybody else be more special than I! Unless~

You can have your badge... but I demand another that is shinier than said badge.

Edited by Sutherland

The reason why i suggested a Badge is in the initial post. Closed Beta tester should be able to show that they were in closed beta whithout having to carry inferior/bad weapons around like Founders can with their Badge.

If you say no to my request because you personally don't get something out of it, even if the discussed matter does not and will not affect you in any way then that's ok, not much of a reasonable argument but still ok. Alot of people here said yes without them getting something out of it and are willing to grant a small amount of people some nice treat as appreciation.. but not everyone is that way.

I'm simply trying to find a middle ground between what I want and what other people want.

I'm just tired of all the "NO NO NO LATO PRIME FOUNDER ONLY NO ROOM FOR DISCUSSION NEVER EVER EVER BADDIE BAD BAD" screaming I've endured from this community.

As for wanting something out of the whole affair, well, that's human nature. I don't do things out of the goodness of my heart; I do them because I think I can profit in some way.

I'm simply trying to find a middle ground between what I want and what other people want.

I'm just tired of all the "NO NO NO LATO PRIME FOUNDER ONLY NO ROOM FOR DISCUSSION NEVER EVER EVER BADDIE BAD BAD" screaming I've endured from this community.

As for wanting something out of the whole affair, well, that's human nature. I don't do things out of the goodness of my heart; I do them because I think I can profit in some way.

That you will never get founder gear has legal grounds.. founders basically made a contract with DE which states that founder gear will never be available after founder program ended.. which it did, making those things true exclusives. If DE would release founder gear again without the founders program or reinstate the founders program could get them sued.

For the closed beta weapons there may be no contract but DE would instantly lose alot of trust people have in them when they hand out CBT Vandal gear to anyone who was not in closed beta so you can be 99.9% sure that you will never get those weapons, basically making them true exclusives, too. The difference between Event exclusives and CBT gear is that Events will come again... CBT will not ever.

Sometimes it's not about you.

Now.. back to topic please.

Badge?

That you will never get founder gear has legal grounds.. founders basically made a contract with DE which states that founder gear will never be available after founder program ended.. which it did, making those things true exclusives. If DE would release founder gear again without the founders program or reinstate the founders program could get them sued.

damn, some good &#! legal speculation on the warframe dot com forums today

damn, some good &#! legal speculation on the warframe dot com forums today

As good as any.. everyone feel free to prove me wrong. For me it makes sense in terms of DE making 100% clear that Founder gear will never come back.

As good as any.. everyone feel free to prove me wrong. For me it makes sense in terms of DE making 100% clear that Founder gear will never come back.

All of us agreed to an EULA.

If you believe for a second that any company's legal team would release an EULA without protective clauses in place for cases such as "running this game caused my CPU to overheat and melt, and so you owe me money," then you're wrong.

And if they've got clauses in place to protect against property damage (and presumably also physical injury, just in case anything explodes), it's not like a lawsuit of "I'm butthurt" is going to fly.

All of us agreed to an EULA.

If you believe for a second that any company's legal team would release an EULA without protective clauses in place for cases such as "running this game caused my CPU to overheat and melt, and so you owe me money," then you're wrong.

And if they've got clauses in place to protect against property damage (and presumably also physical injury, just in case anything explodes), it's not like a lawsuit of "I'm butthurt" is going to fly.

Sure, why not.

Now back to Topic please.

Didn't the Braton and Lato Vandal both get released in celebration of OPEN beta though?

Either way: no.

No, Lato Vandal was a thank you for participating in the closed beta and Braton Vandal was a goodie for the Open Beta weekend DE had in the closed beta. Both weapons have nothing to do with the currently running open beta.

No, unless DE re-releases Braton/Lato Vandal. If you don't want people to bring up the CBT weapons issue, then don't bring up CBT anymore. Let CBT be in our memories.

I don't care if the CBT Gear is brought up all the time.. ist mostly not me (see the first quote)... bottomline is.. if you own it, good.. if you don't you never will. There is nothing to discuss about it.

The Topic of this Thread is giving the CBT guys a Badge and the only thing it has to do with the CBT gear is the fact that it was handed out as a "look i was in closed beta" kind of thing you basically can never show because those weapons are so bad that you have to run Mercury all day... same with the Founders Gear but they got a Badge...make sense now?

The Quintessence of this Thread is that CBT's would like to have a Badge in honor and as appreciation of the old CBT times... pretty much like the Founders have their badge.

There was much derailment in this Thread already and if you want to say "No" just because you are jealous about the Lato/Braton Vandal and won't grant CBT's a harmless Badge then fine, your choice. Speaks for you.

A Badge hurts noone but makes alot of people happy. How can someone have something against that?

Fun Fact: The Braton Vandal is not a closed beta reward, it is in fact an item which you could get on the open beta weekend event. During open beta weekend players could download and enter the game without the need for an invitation, at this time you could buy the Braton for 1 credit (IIRC.)

People seem to think all CB players have one, Also I wouldn't mind a little badge.