Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shut Up And Take My Money...please?

Koremann

Well good job again DE! I seem to have no luck! I received a log in bonus of 20% off of the purchase of platinum. I've been on the fence to spend any money as for the entire three weeks I've been playing I've been dealing with one near game breaking bug or another(I know much of this is just me indeed having bad luck but it still stinks). Well 20% off was just the nudge I needed.

So I go to the market (in game) and make a purchase. Everything seems to go through fine. My credit card did get charged the money. I played a couple of more missions and then logged off, the platinum still not showing in my account but I figured I'd have to log off and then log back in to see it. Well I didn't do that because I was tired and ready for bed. I was concerned but apparently not enough so.

So fast forward to today and I still have no platinum, but I do have a charge on my credit card and funds put into my Steam wallet (which I don't want or need right now). I'd love to try again to give DE my money but now they won't honor the coupon anymore as it's "Expired"

UPDATE: Thank you to DERebecca for getting attention and help for my issue. DE took action and solved this issue for me. Thank you. (I had tried using the support ticket system but didn't get help there this time).

Edited by Koremann

You realize that if the money is in your steam wallet, that means that it never went to Warframe in the first place, right? You need to rebuy it through steam and select to use your steam wallet money now. It won't cost you any more money, you just didn't tell steam to purchase platinum with what's in the steam wallet. You missed a step.

Edited by WhiteCopain

Well good job again DE! Is there anything you can't screw up? I received a log in bonus of 20% off of the purchase of platinum. I've been on the fence to spend any money as for the entire three weeks I've been playing I've been dealing with one near game breaking bug or another, but 20% off was just the nudge I needed.

So I go to the market and make a purchase. Everything seems to go through fine. My credit card sure got charged the money. I played a few missions and then logged off, the platinum still not showing in my account but I figured I'd have to log off and then log back in to see it. Well I didn't do that because silly me, I have a life other than just playing Warframe.

So fast forward to today and I still have no platinum, but I do have a charge on my credit card and funds in my Steam wallet (which I don't want or need right now). I'd love to try again to give DE my money but now they won't honor the coupon. Whoop-dee-doo!

The response I'm getting is, too bad, F-off. Nice. I just might.

Support ticket is your best option, with proof of purchase.

Also, on some occasions for myself, the Plat was never sent to my account until I opened the confirmation email from Warframe saying that they received my money.

pdbXMWH.png

This is what I got today when I looked up the transaction. This isn't what it said when I bought the platinum (tried to that is). After I (tried) to make the purchase it said "completed" or something of that sort. I didn't sit around for hours after my purchase waiting for Warframe to not function. When I logged off after making the purchase my Steam wallet balance was $0.00 - it was only later that Steam put the funds back in because DE wouldn't take them.

Edited by Koremann

You realize that if the money is in your steam wallet, that means that it never went to Warframe in the first place, right? You need to rebuy it through steam and select to use your steam wallet money now. It won't cost you any more money, you just didn't tell steam to purchase platinum with what's in the steam wallet. You missed a step.

What the man said. You missed a step. That's just the way it works now.

I missed no steps. DE missed the step of taking my money. Now they won't honor the coupon because it's "expired". 

Coupons shouldn't expire because the damn game won't function and accept them. What was the point of the coupon? A joke I guess.... I have an expired "coupon" that didn't work anyway printed on digital toilet paper. 

And yes, I could buy the platinum now for full price if I wanted (after I add more money of course). Which I don't intend to do. I was hesitant to buy even with the discount. Why would I want to now pay more money when the game continues to prove it has more bugs than Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

I missed no steps. DE missed the step of taking my money. Now they won't honor the coupon because it's "expired". 

Coupons shouldn't expire because the damn game won't function and accept them. What was the point of the coupon? A joke I guess.... I have an expired "coupon" that didn't work anyway printed on digital toilet paper. 

And yes, I could buy the platinum now for full price if I wanted (after I add more money of course). Which I don't intend to do. I was hesitant to buy even with the discount. Why would I want to now pay more money when the game continues to prove it has more bugs than Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

So it expried before you tried to buy it, basically.

Spliffy_McGee: No the coupon didn't expire before I tried to buy.

The coupon expired before today. "Today" and when I tried to make the purchase are two different times. "Today" is when I discovered that DE didn't accept the payment when I tried to make a purchase using the coupon which was not expired when I tried to use it (which wasn't today). I tried to make the purchase in a time we call "The Past". In "The Past" the coupon was not expired. We are no longer in the past. We are now in today which is a time we call "The Present". In "The Present" the coupon has expired. So, just to recap.

- The Past: Before now. A time when the coupon was still good. Also when I tried to make the purchase

- The Present: That's right now. It's a time when the coupon is expired. Not when I tried to make my purchase.

Is that clear enough? 

Edited by Koremann
edited to comply with our Community Rules

No the coupon didn't expire before I tried to buy.

The coupon expired before today. "Today" and when I tried to make the purchase are two different times. "Today" is when I discovered that DE didn't accept the payment when I tried to make a purchase using the coupon which was not expired when I tried to use it (which wasn't today).

And I get that sucks, but what you're not getting is it was a steam error, not a warframe one. The wallet is wonky, and if you knew the funds were there, it's something you should have asked about ahead of time. I get you were confused, mistakes happened, but I don't see it as that huge of an issue. Just wait a bit for another coupon or something.

And I get that sucks, but what you're not getting is it was a steam error, not a warframe one. The wallet is wonky, and if you knew the funds were there, it's something you should have asked about ahead of time. I get you were confused, mistakes happened, but I don't see it as that huge of an issue. Just wait a bit for another coupon or something.

OK, perhaps now it's my turn to not understand someone. I didn't have any Steam wallet funds. But I have to use Steam to buy Platinum. So from within Warframe I went to the market and clicked "Buy Platinum". I was redirected to Steam where I entered my credit card info and completed the transaction. Money didn't appear in my steam wallet and sit there. Steam told me the transaction completed. It showed me a $0.00 wallet balance. I logged off. 

Recap: I made a purchase. It "appeared" to work. I logged off.

I will admit that the plat didn't instantly appear in Warframe. This was my first attempt at a purchase. It however isn't the first time I've had to restart the game to make updates appear. After I made the purchase I didn't feel like waiting to restart the game and re-log in. Based on my past experience I had no cause to assume the purchase would appear instantly.

Anyway. it was some time later after I logged off that Steam decided it wasn't able to give the money to DE for whatever reason and credited the funds back to my wallet. I didn't know any funds where there until today.

OK, so Steam or DE could have F'ed up. But in the end who is choosing to use Steam to process purchases? DE is choosing that. Even if Steam is screwing up, it's still DE's fault because they picked Steam to handle this. 

This is what I'm getting. You have to log in to this game constantly to check that it isn't forking you. If the game forks you and you don't discover it immediately you're S.O.L. Casual gamers can p!$$ off I guess?

Yes, I can just wait to get another coupon. I've no idea how long that will take. It took me about 3 weeks to get my first one. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks. DE shouldn't want for me to wait 3 more weeks either... not if they ever want to get my money. With the crowded free-to-play market and me being a casual gamer you'd think they would want to get my cash as quickly as they could before their opportunity to do is is "expired".

You'd think.

Edited by Koremann

Looked into chain of events and relayed issues here, no promises but at least we have more visibility of 'how things can go wrong', apologies for that. If you have a support ticket open, please keep an eye out for updates or changes on its status.

OK, now it's my turn to not understand someone. I didn't have any Steam wallet funds. But I have to use Steam to buy Platinum. So from within Warframe I went to the market and clicked "Buy Platinum". I was redirected to Steam where I entered my credit card info and completed the transaction. Money didn't appear in my steam wallet and sit there. Steam told me the transaction completed. It showed me a $0.00 wallet balance. I logged off. 

Recap: I made a purchase. It appeared to work. I logged off.

It was some time later that Steam decided it wasn't able to give the money to DE for whatever reason and credited the funds back to my wallet. I didn't know any funds where there until today.

OK, so Steam or DE could have F'ed up. But in the end who is choosing to use Steam to process purchases? DE is choosing that. Even if Steam is screwing up, it's still DE's fault because they picked Steam to handle this. 

This is what I'm getting. You have to log in to this game constantly to check that it isn't forking you. If the game forks you and you don't discover it immediately you're S.O.L.

Casual gamers can &!$$ off I guess?

Pls. Have you noticed the ton of payment options you can select in the buy platinum section? INCLUDING directly from credit cards, quite obviously?

Get of your entitled high horse and realize there was a glitch. You goofed in waiting forever instead of just sending in a ticket, which you should still do instead of whining here.

Edited by SolidSp33d

It was some time later that Steam decided it wasn't able to give the money to DE for whatever reason and credited the funds back to my wallet. I didn't know any funds where there until today.

This is what I'm getting. You have to log in to this game constantly to check that it isn't forking you. If the game forks you and you don't discover it immediately you're S.O.L.

Casual gamers can &!$$ off I guess?

Actually you're choosing that. You can still buy it through the website or direct buy without steam wallet in the client, coupon will still apply.

Thankfully you don't need bad programs like Steam to play this game or buy Platinum!

Steam isn't a bad application. If you have an issue with Steam, it's 9/10 a user-error. OP ran into a bug that he/she didn't pay attention to until it was too late.

This isn't something to get on a high horse about and it's certainly not anyone's "fault". Technology will always have some type of failure in it. The sooner you come to terms with that, the less grumpy you people will be when something goes wrong.

where are these mysterious options? it seems like if your playing the steam version you only get steam wallet options

They are on the left side of the platinum selections. Those little tabs with icons for the payment option.

8ad90f833b7e39158eb24c38cc41029b.png

Edited by SolidSp33d

If you pay by Credit Card i don't understand why you would choose steam in the first place. Why not choose the direct way? Its simpler and you don't have to be afraid that some connection issue or fault from steam is undoing your purchase.

Thats not DE's fault and i bet you haven't even tried to open a Supportticket and came directly to the Forums complaing. Every Time i had problems (with plat or whatever) the Support helped me. Never had any reason to complain about the Support its one of the best.

I dont understand this either. People just like to add steps and third party entities into their cycles with no apparent reason. Its cool I guess that you can use vendors but if you are paying with a credit card why cant you just buy it directly from the website?

If you pay by Credit Card i don't understand why you would choose steam in the first place. Why not choose the direct way? Its simpler and you don't have to be afraid that some connection issue or fault from steam is undoing your purchase.

Thats not DE's fault and i bet you haven't even tried to open a Supportticket and came directly to the Forums complaing. Every Time i had problems (with plat or whatever) the Support helped me. Never had any reason to complain about the Support its one of the best.

If he chose Steam, then I've got a question for the OP:

1) Did you have money in your Steam Wallet before you made your purchase?

a) If you did have money in your Steam Wallet before you made your purchase, did you have sufficient money in your Steam Wallet to make the purchase?

b) if you didn't have enough money in your Steam Wallet to make the purchase, or if you didn't have money in your Steam Wallet at all, then it would have automatically prompted you to put money in your Steam Wallet. This is probably what happened.

If this happened, then you did miss a step, which was actually paying for the platinum. The confirmation you would have received would have been from Steam.

Steam, nor any other payment service, waits to tell you your card is declined (it's not DE that doesn't accept your payment). If your card is accepted, after you've put money into your Steam Wallet, it will then show you a link for you to proceed to your payment. At that point it'll take you to a page where you will actually pay for the platinum. Once you've paid for the platinum, you should see a Warframe confirmation page that confirms the platinum payment. Did you get the Warframe confirmation page, or just a Steam confirmation of your putting money into your Steam Wallet?