The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework.

GONZI2013

Ok, ever since Frost has been nefed there has been no reason to use him as I explain here: ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175186-frost-really-de/#entry2049329 ). While we can forget that Frost will ever be back to his former glory I thought he could use a rework at least to make him useful again. Here I have added some stat and ability changes and some special features. I appreciate some feedback and if a DE Dev is on this post I hope you consider some of these changes/additions.

Proposed stats

Health : 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30).

Power : 125.0 (200.0 at rank 30). Changes from 100-150

Armor : 205.0. Changes from 190.0

Shield Capacity : 150.0 (450.0 at rank 30).

Sprint Speed : 0.9.

Stamina : 80.

Special features

• Ice levels increase armor to 215.0 without reduction to shields.
  • Ice damage deals 5% less damage to Frost.
  • Fire damage deals 3% more damage to Frost.

New/Reworked Abilities

1. Freeze
  • Energy cost : 25.
  • Acts like a grenade similar to Vauban’s balls (hehe). Detonating on impact freezing all enemies in 3 meter radius for 2/4/6/8 seconds.
  • Effected by duration mods.

1. Ice Strip
  • Energy cost : 50.

No changes to this ability.

1. Freezing Fortress (New Slow Globe)
  • Energy cost : 65.
  • Creates a 5m x 5m/10m x 10m/15m x 15m wall of ice blocking all enemy fire for 5/10/15/20 seconds(blocks friendly fire from the outside).
  • Only 2 can be placed at once.
  • Unaffected by mods.
  • Blocks paths.
  1. Snow Storm
  • Energy cost : 100.
  • Launches 6/12/18/24 balls of ice and locks onto enemies.
  • Deals 250 armor ignore damage.
  • Freezes enemies for 3/6/9/12 seconds.
  • Freeze radius of 2m(effected by range mods)
  • Whilst frozen enemies take 150% more damage.(Unaffected by mods)
  • After freeze effect times out, enemies speed reduced by 50% for 10/20/30/40 seconds.
  • Affected by Damage, Range & duration mods.
Edited by GONZI2013

I find frost to be more useful now. He is better then volt at fighting corpus since cold is good against shield and electric is not, so there is one reason to start off with. His attacks are crazy strong too compared to other frames. Every who says he is useless only use him for his snowglobe which is why they nerfed it in the first place.

edit: freezing being a snowball grenade is kind of dumb. The projectile is much more useful and easier to aim but the freeze explosion is an idea everyone agrees with for the most part.

Freezing fortress sounds like snow globe... but square? why? just say snowglobe, and why unaffected by mods?? that means it can't get better.

Snow storm sounds bad. Snow ball fight? No. Avalanche is a very powerful move, and armor is only on grineer so armor ignore doesn't make much sense for frost, he is mainly used against corpus.

...also "ice strip", really? Do you even play frost a lot because your feedback suggests other wise. I take it you only play him for his snowglobe.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

I find frost to be more useful now. He is better then volt at fighting corpus since cold is good against shield and electric is not, so there is one reason to start off with. His attacks are crazy strong too compared to other frames. Every who says he is useless only use him for his snowglobe which is why they nerfed it in the first place.

edit: freezing being a snowball grenade is kind of dumb. The projectile is much more useful and easier to aim but the freeze explosion is an idea everyone agrees with for the most part.

Freezing fortress sounds like snow globe... but square? why? just say snowglobe, and why unaffected by mods?? that means it can't get better.

Snow storm sounds bad. Snow ball fight? No. Avalanche is a very powerful move, and armor is only on grineer so armor ignore doesn't make much sense for frost, he is mainly used against corpus.

...also "ice strip", really? Do you even play frost a lot because your feedback suggests other wise. I take it you only play him for his snowglobe.

The reason i  think Freezing Fortress shouldn't be effected by mods is so people wont yell OP like how the old globe was(even though it wast), but make it usefull in wave 50+. Same goes for making it a wall instead of a globe.

As for snow storm I though it should be a bit similar to molecular prime but not as powerful. Stopping 24 enemies for 10 seconds will be quite usefull

and making them run at half speed will help in defense.

Also i always felt ice wave should've been called strip because that's what it is.

Also keep in mind that I thought about these abilities with defense in mind since thats where he really shined.

The reason i  think Freezing Fortress shouldn't be effected by mods is so people wont yell OP like how the old globe was(even though it wast), but make it usefull in wave 50+. Same goes for making it a wall instead of a globe.

As for snow storm I though it should be a bit similar to molecular prime but not as powerful. Stopping 24 enemies for 10 seconds will be quite usefull

and making them run at half speed will help in defense.

Also i always felt ice wave should've been called strip because that's what it is.

Also keep in mind that I thought about these abilities with defense in mind since thats where he really shined.

I main frost and i'm willing to admit how OP snowglobe was. Things at wave 50+ should be hard. I'm tired of hearing everyone complain on how high level missions are hard now that snowglobe has hp. It's suppose to be that way, it's suppose to be a challenge to get that high. 

Another major problem is the fact that you relegate frost to only defense missions. No other frame is good at only one game type and nothing else, so why should frost? People should stop being so single minded about him. Frost has massive offensive capabilities that the people complaining don't seem to see. Also your snow storm is the same exact thing as M Prime and we all know how the community feels about that skill, and on a tank frame would be even more OP.

I main frost and i'm willing to admit how OP snowglobe was. Things at wave 50+ should be hard. I'm tired of hearing everyone complain on how high level missions are hard now that snowglobe has hp. It's suppose to be that way, it's suppose to be a challenge to get that high. 

Another major problem is the fact that you relegate frost to only defense missions. No other frame is good at only one game type and nothing else, so why should frost? People should stop being so single minded about him. Frost has massive offensive capabilities that the people complaining don't seem to see. Also your snow storm is the same exact thing as M Prime and we all know how the community feels about that skill, and on a tank frame would be even more OP.

Yeah tried to make snow storm a bit like M prime but weaker by only taking more damage for those 12 seconds.

Now I didn't check the updated stats on Frost but before you know he was S#&$ in anything but defense. Wanted to take and dish out damage? Use Rhino. Wanted to deal more damage but still be mobile? Use Nova. The only thing Frost had going for him was snow globe and with that gone I thought he might at least have better CC(hence snow storm main focus is to stop/slow down enemies)