The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Because We Need Another Nova Balancing Thread...

DrBorris

Sorry about creating another Nova thread.

I think this idea will come across to some as good, some will see it as stupid, and some will whine.

My idea is...

Make Molecular Prime Nova's 3 and get rid of the explosion part. Have it so it only does the 200% damage and 50% speed that it does now. Maybe also give it a small range nerf.

Then buff Anti-Matter Drop and make it Nova's 4.

I know this will never happen, but I thought it would be a good way to keep Nova a glass cannon, but have her be more skill oriented and less spamy.

Edit: I know that there are some holes so I hope there are suggestions made to fill them

Edited by DrBorris

m prime without the explosions would still be super useful skill. and at high levels, the explosions don't even matter anyway

I'm not a nova player, so I am not skilled with the antimatter drop, but I hear it can do supermassive damage, so I think this would be an alright shift

(read: I sold the S#&$ out of her once she hit 30, so I didn't play around with antimatter drop. but skilled nova players say it's way better than M prime)

Edited by Wallace24

Sorry guy, looks like this isn't so popular an idea...personally I think Nova works alright at the moment, and is a frame which has a solid place in the high damage doers for high tier stuff, I think that the way the new damage system works has balanced out Nova

I get where you're coming from and have thought about something similar for a while.

The problem is that 95% of Nova players just spam Mprime. AMD does NOT need a buff, it's perfect as it is.
If you want to eliminate the scenario of: casts mprime and kills one target = room cleared; I'd suggest leaving everthing else as it is, but tweaking Mprime.
So, for example, increase the double dmg debuff (to maybe 3 times or so) but reduce the actual explosion dmg. That bonus dmg is a beauty and AMD is the real killer.

The only reason I said to give a buff to AMD, was because it would make Nova more OP than she is now. Just in a more sneaky way.

Hence the dmg bonus debuff increase ;-)

It would actually help a lot to increase this debuff. It would also allow everyone in the team, and their abilities, to do more dmg :-)

I would rather get rhino nerfed. He's way more seen and annoying than nova now.

Stomp works too good for bosses and I am tired of seeing iron skins everywhere.

No. Nova is a worse offender than Rhino (actually MP, not Nova herself who is actually okay, and Nova just needs the CC speed debuff taken off or toned down a bit, she's a nuker, you just need to allow enemies to spread out a bit more so the chain explosion doesn't wipe out everything the room in one go, especially if the weapon you have has shred on it! Also, it'd foster better co op with other CC frames, such as Nyx and Vauban if Nova can't slow or trap enemies with MP That's it damage wise she's okay)

Rhino, his only issue is the bacon helm, that thing should not be giving a 25% speed boost!Maybe stomp lasts a touch too long, but that's debatable is doesn't hurt the game. Although being able to get him on Venus is a clear issue. 

No. Nova is a worse offender than Rhino (actually MP, not Nova herself who is actually okay, and Nova just needs the CC speed debuff taken off or toned down a bit, she's a nuker, you just need to allow enemies to spread out a bit more so the chain explosion doesn't wipe out everything the room in one go, especially if the weapon you have has shred on it! Also, it'd foster better co op with other CC frames, such as Nyx and Vauban if Nova can't slow or trap enemies with MP That's it damage wise she's okay)

Rhino, his only issue is the bacon helm, that thing should not be giving a 25% speed boost!Maybe stomp lasts a touch too long, but that's debatable is doesn't hurt the game. Although being able to get him on Venus is a clear issue. 

but stomping and slowing lephantis is very very wrong and booring

Edited by Aure7

but stomping and slowing lephantis very very wrong and booring

True, but I think that's symptomatic of a larger issue within the game, the preponderance of ulti power usage. Bosses/ leader having resistance to press 4 powers is something which should be looked at, not immunity mind you, but resistance aside from just more hp and shields; which is boring.

What they did with the leader units is a step in the right direction.