Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Seer Please?

KittyDarkling

To be clear I don't want the Seer changed to hit-scan or to have it's zoom removed, or to even have it's reload speed lowered. I know many people want those things but the fact of the matter is that is how the gun was intended.

That being said it pales so drastically in so many ways to the Marelok that it's only advantages are "somewhat more accurate and it possesses a larger clip" I'd like it's base damage and status chance brought up to allow it to retain viability.

Damage - Regardless how much the base damage of the Seer is increased (within reason) I dont feel it would over shadow the Marelok, the three points I made first are what make people avoid this gun, where as some like myself are attracted to it. It's the gun's "personality". Even if it out base damages the Marelok it's still going to have no real crit chance/damage, it's still going to fire projectiles, and it's still going to have a long reload time. These are disadvantages that make it worth having some form of advantage.

I'd like to state that I don't feel the Seer should be "over buffed" or anything. but with these disadvantages in mind a significant buff to it's damage would be most appreciate and well deserved.

Status Chance - The Seer along with a few other weapons was in that awkward "trial stage" of status chance. DE was not sure how much would be an appropriate amount to hand out over concern of overpowering weapons. Currently many rifles and even the new Marelok have a very high status chance, and even though the Seer fits pretty much all the criteria for having a high status chance, it remains with a rather unimpressive 10%. This isn't "bad" but it certainly should be higher considering other weapons with similar attributes have much more.

With both of these factors in mind I'd like to see the Seer outperform the Marelok in either status or damage per bullet. However I'd be more then happy with it merely being lifted up from "where it is now". I love the zoom, the ascetics, and generally how it handles. I'll likely keep it as my main go-to sidearm regardless if it's buffed or not, but I wanted to voice my opinion and lay it all out so maybe DE will be kind to my Favorite Orokin/Greneer hybrid.

Also as usual I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Seer drops on Mercury. It is supposed to be weak.

Not supposed to be that weak. It has a rare drop.

I think it does need some attention. It has great sounds and effects but lacks the real punch with its stats.

Fire rate and/or reload speed buffs are more than welcome but I feel that it's damage is quite adequate. As for Merelok.... I foresee a nerf in few weeks

Edit: Status chance buff would be nice though.

Edited by WhisperByte

I'm not too sure about bringing it's damage up to Marelok caliber (considering the Marelok is borderline broken OP and the Seer is much easier to get) but a general damage buff would be nice, and I wholeheartedly support improving the status chance to give it a little extra something (let the Lex excel in critical hits and the Seer excel in status effects).

Excalibur is a drops on Pluto, and Rhino on Venus. There are only weapon drops on Phobos and Mercury, all other weapon drops are void. I would rather have Seer moved to Phobos than rot with Cronus.

My seer is 5 forma'd, and Seer needs something done to it.  What that something is it is I do not know, but a review of it by DE couldn't hurt.

I'm not too sure about bringing it's damage up to Marelok caliber (considering the Marelok is borderline broken OP and the Seer is much easier to get) but a general damage buff would be nice, and I wholeheartedly support improving the status chance to give it a little extra something (let the Lex excel in critical hits and the Seer excel in status effects).

Perhaps not quite that much of a buff, but I still feel it needs attention in both fields. I'd be quite happy with it excelling in the status chance field too though ^^

My seer is 5 forma'd, and Seer needs something done to it.

this is from a guy with a 5 forma Seer.

I thought I was the only one who forma'd the Seer so many times xD

You guys are awesome!

I forma'd mine 6 times :x I cant remember if I needed that last Forma or not but.. I did it and I'm proud of it!

Edited by KittyDarkling

Seer just needs a 2-3M aoe - the other stats can stay. this is from a guy with a 5 forma Seer.

This. I've always wondered why it doesn't haven an inherent blast proc or a small AoE, because when you look at the impact graphic of this gun, you definitely get the feeling that something - whatever it was - just exploded.

It is a very characteristic and special gun. Even on damage, it was actually fun to mod it with different physical damage types, depending on what I was going against. The projectile speed is blazing fast and there is literally no falloff. The sniper-like zoom is adding more to the flair of the weapon. This is why a "buff" would make me feel wary about it. It would need to be very subtle and straight, if considered for a change.

Perhaps instead of straight damage buff, we could get something else to make it more worthwhile without hurting too many numbers;

I was always bewildered by the sickening long reload. Removing 0.4 seconds would be nice for starters. Because really, you start to fall asleep if you watch your Warframe reload, when comparing this to other guns. The other thing being clip size. 2 more shots doesn't sound like much, but also falls into the category of subtle buffs. I wouldn't want to give it more crit, but rather a bit more status chance. +5% for a total of 15.

And there we go. 28x3 damage, clip size 10, reload 2.4, Status chance 15%. That doesn't sound too bad without sounding too good, and still would be something you'd like to either wait for on Saturn, or fetch the Orokin Cells via the market. (( or simply farm Vor / Jackal often enough since every Boss can drop Orokin Cells anyway!))

And of course, perhaps that little AoE / Blast bonus which begs to happen due to the damage effects

Edited by Khunvyel

See below.

It also requires Orokin cells, which mean you have to get to Saturn before you can have it.

Exactly. The Seer should at least be in line with stuff like the Magnus for status chance, considering its clip size, rate of fire, and projectile speed.

Lex has been forgotten anyway. Might as well.

Sounding like a broken record already but oh well:

Lex: starter weapon for credits and R0 mastery. It is amazing how good this weapon actually still is, comparatively to other lowbie secondaries.

Seer: Still R0 mastery, but farm a Boss and requires Orokin Cells. It is justified to have a bit more oomph than the Lex.

If you bothered to read this thread you'd understand that not only to many of the people here have a 5-6 star Seer (to your 4), but you might also realize that we're talking about balancing the Seer so it's advantages properly weigh against it's disadvantages. The Seer can use a bit of a touch up.

If you bothered to read this thread you'd understand that not only to many of the people here have a 5-6 star Seer (to your 4), but you might also realize that we're talking about balancing the Seer so it's advantages properly weigh against it's disadvantages. The Seer can use a bit of a touch up.

Yeah I know I just like being a jerk once in awhile :3

A good crit chance could go a long ways as well as actually giving the explosive rounds it fires an AoE.

Seer just needs a 2-3M aoe - the other stats can stay. this is from a guy with a 5 forma Seer.

I wonder if it would work to convert seer to full blast damage, and make it have 100 total blast to compensate for any lost damage from I/s/p. This could let DE give it a small AoE radius, and it just seems like it would fit that whatever was just launched exploded.

Edited by LazyKnight

The seer is fine. I don't want to admit it, but it's true. With the right mods, it does it's job fine. It would be nice if it had an even 10 clip size and maybe 20% status. The thing drops enemies in one shot. From the beginning, all you would need is max reload. Put max whatever elemental  mod you have (probably fire or electric) and it will beyond do it's job.

I believe you can get catalyst from bosses 2 (as I did). It's not hard to get at all.

Orokin Cells drop from bosses. Catalysts and Reactors are Alerts, Invasions, Login reward and platinum only.

But yes, I'm on the same tram to not want to buff the damage of the Seer, but rather up the one or the other number by a little, as I mentioned before.
The long reload time is what bothers me the most, actually. I see next to little reason why it would be SO long. Even some Akimbo pistols reload faster. The animation of the reload is just outright slow, it is mindboggling.

I wonder if it would work to convert seer to full blast damage, and make it have 100 total blast to compensate for any lost damage from I/s/p. This could let DE give it a small AoE radius, and it just seems like it would fit that whatever was just launched exploded.

The problem with blast damage is, that it needs status chance to actually trigger, which has nothing to do with an AoE radios. They can keep the regular damage and add 1m AoE just so.

Edited by Khunvyel