Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I Won The Event....

fet_nite

My brother and I put on all of our highest level stuff, made sure all of our mods maximized damage, and wouldn't start it until we felt we were ready.

Then we got something like 737 points on our first try, and were in a state of "wut" for a while.

I think it would be better, and harder, if there were some kind of boss encounter or a huge amount of enemies right before the end. Also enemies above level 11. Although, I can see why this might be difficult for newer players, and I think it's nice that they can get a wraith weapon for themselves instead of looking at all the primes and wraiths that all the higher level players around them have.

Not everything has to be a grind-fest. Sometimes a simple (albeit pretty damn easy) event can be fun, too.

Isn't that what video games are for? Fun? Or did I miss something?

It was easy, but that being said, the people who did complete it fair and square should also be qualified as won the event, Heck no I would do it again, not because the missions are bad, they are actually pretty fun and interesting for a change but I want to do so on my own terms, not because I feel forced to and that is pretty much every time I see an event tied to new gamemodes. Not that anyone else is forcing me, but my personality is.

I hope DE resets the event and make it more harder . Huehuehue

they better not, im happy with my clans 760 ish run on the first try. Though I wouldnt be averse to them making it more difficult, maybe adding a grustraag deathmark (4% chance?) to everytime you ran the mission, that way you would have the equivalent of five people marked with a full group. Would definitely give incentive to running again and again.

Guys seriously? your asking them to make a event harder that you have completed? Are you guys that selfish? Ya lets make the event harder for everyone who hasn't done it? it doesn't matter! We already did the event! >_> Ya that sounds totally fair. If they make the event harder they better reset all the scores!

Guys seriously? your asking them to make a event harder that you have completed? Are you guys that selfish? Ya lets make the event harder for everyone who hasn't done it? it doesn't matter! We already did the event! >_> Ya that sounds totally fair. If they make the event harder they better reset all the scores!

Its a fun event, but its short. Its hard to call this an event, when you complete it in -10 minutes without breaking a sweat.

If a nightmare edition of this appeared, you dont even need rewards for it. It would be fun.

Its a fun event, but its short. Its hard to call this an event, when you complete it in -10 minutes without breaking a sweat.

If a nightmare edition of this appeared, you dont even need rewards for it. It would be fun.

Ya but its not fair to ruin everyone who hasn't done the events experience by making it harder. Then your just making the people who didn't do the event right when it came out raging about how the event is to hard!

There's a reason this event is being held in Earth and that reason is because they want new players to be able to play it too.

Therefore it must be easy for new players too.

And I think it's all right to do it this way.  It is very important for Warframe to make new players feel welcome if you want it to last for years.

Ya but its not fair to ruin everyone who hasn't done the events experience by making it harder. Then your just making the people who didn't do the event right when it came out raging about how the event is to hard!

I said add another level on the side thats way harder, not change the difficulty of the original.

So said people wanting a challenge can have fun.

I said add another level on the side thats way harder, not change the difficulty of the original.

So said people wanting a challenge can have fun.

I am mostly talking to the people who just want to make the event so hard that it takes a week to complete it. (Cercio event) But they don't want the DE to reset there scores so they have to do the event.

I am mostly talking to the people who just want to make the event so hard that it takes a week to complete it. (Cercio event) But they don't want the DE to reset there scores so they have to do the event.

Well, im speaking to you. Because you know, quotes.

Have a good day.

Wow.

I haven't played the shipyard yet for one reason: I don't have a frame that I think can get me through with 500 HP.

I don't have a leveled health or shield mods.

I have Mag, Ember, Nyx, Oberon, and Valkyr at 30; and Nova in the teens. Rhino and Trinity are in the oven.

Without grinding to level up my mods, I'm not sure how I'd pull off 500+ health.

My builds are mainly power based, including Valkyr with maxed Streamline, Flow, and Continuity for practically infinite invulnerability...

No.  How is this hard to understand.  'Once released, the core will become unstable and its health will begin to degrade.'  It is the core's health that determines your score.  What kind of moronic event would score its players based on their remaining hp?  Anyone with a rejuvenation aura gets a perfect score, while any new player is numerically locked out of success? 

Edit: I'm also a huge fan of your attitude.  'I don't think I'll succeed, so I'm not even gonna try.'  Really?  You couldn't actually play the event before complaining about its design?  Maybe you would have noticed that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Who said anything about 'to hard'?  They could triple the core's health degeneration and the event would still be easy.  There's a difference between finishing an event with an 'uh...really? that's it?' feeling and finishing after putting a tiny bit of work in and then deciding it wasn't super difficult.  There aren't two modes, hellish and toddler-easy.  I would be jealous of the players who didn't play it when it came out, because they might actually have a modicum of fun before collecting their loot.

Not to mention, stop making arguments based on avoiding ragers.  It's too easy: rage.  It's too hard: rage.  It's changed mid-event: rage.  It's too purple: rage.  Rewards are too low: rage.  Rewards are too high, invalidating all your hard work in previous events: rage.  All the alerts are when I'm asleep: rage.  You spaced alerts at intervals throughout the day so I couldn't get them all: rage.  I actually have to do some work in defense missions after you fixed frost globe: rage.  Balance changes can't be predicated on the notion that whatever produces the fewest ragers is the best thing for the game.  At best, your argument is talking about keeping players happy and therefore paying and playing.  But there's a difference between keeping players happy and not making players unhappy.  That's a line that game designers have to walk.

Edited by TheJackal147

Completed my first run with a score of 805. 
It felt like a walk in the park. 
Our group: 
-Frost 

-Nyx
-Mag Prime x2
The basic strategy: The frost went along the track spamming snow globes, while the mags shield polarized.
Giant snow globes are the new fad. 

It is likely difficulty scaling hotfix will arrive. Dev still evaluating.

it's only around for a week, not sure if it's really worth hotfixing, though I suppose having a less linear objective would have made it a little more interesting. I did like it though, don't get me wrong.

because the defense drains shields, it's really easy to take Mag and spam Shield Polarize. It's also pretty easy to use Trinity Blessing to keep restoring everyone if your using max Fleeting Expertise, but that more of an end game mod combo anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If DE introduced more concrete ways of pulling Aggro, you could solve all this by having the pod thing pull aggro, so that you'd need warframes that pull aggro to compete with it so that the Grineer don't destory it instead of you, or you'd need Djinn, in order to "protect" it while getting flanked.

that being said, if DE wants to tweak this last minute, well, good luck with scaling it. perhaps the best way to scale it would be to have the "green lightning" not only drain shields, but also drain your warframes "energy" and disable Aura's and put them on Cooldown for several seconds, so that you can't just spam powers to win, but then it might be frustrating.

whatever ya do, good luck.

p.s. you guys did a great job with the Tileset, and the new Vay Hek looks great! I'm really curious to see where the ship yard tileset is going to end up, perhaps the whole Saturn system? not sure if you anyone at DE had clarified that yet, but yeah, I'm excited for Vay Hek.

Edited by Temphis

Who said anything about 'to hard'?  They could triple the core's health degeneration and the event would still be easy.  There's a difference between finishing an event with an 'uh...really? that's it?' feeling and finishing after putting a tiny bit of work in and then deciding it wasn't super difficult.  There aren't two modes, hellish and toddler-easy.  I would be jealous of the players who didn't play it when it came out, because they might actually have a modicum of fun before collecting their loot.

Not to mention, stop making arguments based on avoiding ragers.  It's too easy: rage.  It's too hard: rage.  It's changed mid-event: rage.  It's too purple: rage.  Rewards are too low: rage.  Rewards are too high, invalidating all your hard work in previous events: rage.  All the alerts are when I'm asleep: rage.  You spaced alerts at intervals throughout the day so I couldn't get them all: rage.  I actually have to do some work in defense missions after you fixed frost globe: rage.  Balance changes can't be predicated on the notion that whatever produces the fewest ragers is the best thing for the game.  At best, your argument is talking about keeping players happy and therefore paying and playing.  But there's a difference between keeping players happy and not making players unhappy.  That's a line that game designers have to walk.

I just get really upset when i see players wanting the Event harder even after they completed the event, but not restarting there scores so they have to work for the wrath. I am fine if they make the event harder, i just don't want to have the people who got through event to get a free wrath because they played it when it first came out.

(that's like having a glitch in the game that gets you to mastery rank 30 and patching it but not bring the people at rank 30 back down to there rank before they used the glitch) 

I just get really upset when i see players wanting the Event harder even after they completed the event, but not restarting there scores so they have to work for the wrath. I am fine if they make the event harder, i just don't want to have the people who got through event to get a free wrath because they played it when it first came out.

(that's like having a glitch in the game that gets you to mastery rank 30 and patching it but not bring the people at rank 30 back down to there rank before they used the glitch) 

or like getting exclusive mods that aren't even available anymore through a transmutation glitch, or ones that aren't even tested yet in development, and then letting said players keep those mods because the Developer likes to take responsibility for their games glitches like a boss?

I don't see why players would be "forced" to play it again for their content, especially since a lot of them aren't even going to know it's conditions changed since most of the players who dominated it were likely people who only get on Warframe every so often to claim new content cause they already have everything else.

Telling them they have to earn it again, likely would never reach them in time if they were only logging on once a week for the Wednesday updates, so you'd be saying to those people "we know you did everything the event said to, but we changed the conditions, and took your rewards away, so because you didn't get on the forums or log back on and replay the mission for no reason whatsoever, you don't get your reward. sorry."

yeah, I see that one going over real well.....>_>

but seriously, they can't change the conditions suddenly, and take away rewards from people who have already qualified for the previous set of conditions. That would be "criminal" of them as developers, and it would be cheating players out of their content from the events, destroying loyalty in the fanbase that they would need to rebuild over time. NOT WORTH.

Edited by Temphis