The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime & Frost Prime Model Update Mega-Request

Vargras

Excalibur and Frost prime have way less gold/special characteristics (Spinning thing on rhinos back and F***ing flaming helmet for ember) than the other primes. I'm pretty sure that's a fact.

No one's questioning about that fact.  It's the ...

You mean like the zero who need it?

... part where you selfishly ignore all the other frames that you have no interest in.  If none of the old plain looking frames don't need it, then excal and frost with a prime sure don't.

Well if Excal was the first warframe, it makes sense the later ones are more elaborate.

I do agree the difference is huge. For non primes too, Valkyr is Corpus design.

Sephyr is Lotus, right? Since she is built in the Dojo.

The new design look very alien and anime compared to the old pure ones.

Lets see what they do to Loki.

lol woah, hi wasn't expecting you to post in response to me on the forums XD

but yeah, if they want to share Excal Prime with everyone, just give founders an exclusive skin with extra metal bits and the such. I think that would be fine. Founders would have the exclusive skin, everyone else would just get old school Excal Prime skin. or you could do it vice-versa, he comes with the new skin from void, but Founders can use his old skin, etc.

or no. In place of that, let's get some metallic skins. Not prime like, but skins with metallic sections that can be recolored. Then you'll be able to at least have something shiny. Because, while DE says that metallic colors are hard to do, skins with metallic parts aren't. All they have to do is the same thing they did with Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime. Make new skins. They can make the metallic parts colorable. If the shaders on the Primes have a gold hue, then they can make it silver and then the customized color will show up more. Maybe they can release those after they're done with the Immortal series. You wouldn't get the functionality of the Prime frames (it's not that big a difference) but you'd get a similar skin.

• 3 weeks later...

first of all, good effing job with rhino,mag and ember prime :D
they look amaizing!
I love every single detail about them (yes even mags helmet)
but these three really set a bar for the upcomming quality of the next prime frames :s
especially rhino! not only does he have a new helmet (that looks super sweet) he also got new thighs, a back-thingy AND a custom animation for his signature abillity. iron skin.

BUT now if we take a look back at excal and frost prime, they look somewhat....pale, in comparisson :s
so my question is, will they ever get looked at again or are these the final versions?
excal actualy doesnt look that bad, really slim and the helmet and golden forearm-spikes are epic,

but frost (one of my fav frames) got a new helmet and....nothing :P

(I would absolutely love you DE(even more than I already do) if you could give frost p. something like "orokin-exhausts" on his shoulders and excal some additional armor bits like rhinos giant shoulderpads <3)

so what do you guys think? are you happy with the way they look right now or do you guys agree with me?

anyway good job with the game in general I hope the productionquality stays as high as it is right now :D

Excal in my opinion doesn't need a redo, though, I would love to be able to color him the same as my normal excal. Frost prime, I can see what you mean, I use an alt helm so you can barely tell mine is a prime. But its still looks cool, the helmet works

Honestly I think excalibur prime is the best looking prime. Though I've never experimented much with rhino

I dislike frost prime though. It might just be me; but large surfaces of gold look like crap. The prime  frost helmet is awful. Also frost's pattern isn't very nice and imortal isn't too much better. 

With ember...  Well I prefer the standard ember helmet but otherwise it's great. With mag.. the reg helmet is far superior. If they were to just release a prime mag helmet that looked more like the default i'd be happy. 

In short:

Excal/Rhino= great

Ember/mag= good, could use alt helms. 

Frost= Needs a lot of work.