Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral + Electricity

(PSN)DanteVincent

Question

That's the best setup against corpus.

See, i'm only posting this because every video guide like PCG or that other one that starts with an M say magnetic is better.

Now correct if i'm wrong but I went up to wave 70 on xini, and this combination did more damage than magnetic or magnetic + toxin.Way more damage.

Again I'm only posting this cause EVERY video guide says magnetic is better, i don't want to sound like an idiot lol, I'd appreciate some input on this.

Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

11 answers to this question

Well Technically -- according to the Codex... magnetic is best against "shields"  but some corpus things don't have a very high shield rating-- so therefor yeah you could be correct.. especially on MOA's which have lightning as their main weekness to their "robotic" health-- and the corpus "Humans health" being weak to viral combined with the fact that some may have less shields than the MOAS or "Corpus Tech" may have more shield than just a regular Corpus grunt or a leader etc.

Also, at higher waves who knows-- maybe their health scales more so than their shields?   There is probably some corpus which magnetic ARE better against than viral and lightning--- well the MOA's would definitely be weaker to Magnetic than Viral.  But the Corpus people-- depending on which one you are fighting.. probably are weaker to Viral than lightning... I would say Ideally, though, if you could somehow run the Phage, (base viral)  and throw lightning on it.. then put magnetic on your melee or 2ndary.  for the higher shielded things.

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

ehh xini ehh

pluto survival palus corpus yay

LOL we just got the U12, gotta farm for that oxium and thats your best shot at finding good PUGs, but still lol.

Im rather curious why i dont see this setup mentioned more often since the damage from my latron prime went from 7k to 11k on crewman and from 6 to 9 on robotics, something around those lines, non weakspot crits.

Pure Toxin damage bypasses shields (Viral don't) so that's why i use it against Corpus.
So that leaves Magnetic as the second damage, which is also good, you deal massive damage to health and shield at the same time with this combination.

Edited by RexSol

Well Technically -- according to the Codex... magnetic is best against "shields"  but some corpus things don't have a very high shield rating-- so therefor yeah you could be correct.. especially on MOA's which have lightning as their main weekness to their "robotic" health-- and the corpus "Humans health" being weak to viral combined with the fact that some may have less shields than the MOAS or "Corpus Tech" may have more shield than just a regular Corpus grunt or a leader etc.

Also, at higher waves who knows-- maybe their health scales more so than their shields?   There is probably some corpus which magnetic ARE better against than viral and lightning--- well the MOA's would definitely be weaker to Magnetic than Viral.  But the Corpus people-- depending on which one you are fighting.. probably are weaker to Viral than lightning... I would say Ideally, though, if you could somehow run the Phage, (base viral)  and throw lightning on it.. then put magnetic on your melee or 2ndary.  for the higher shielded things.

Yup, i based myself on those very facts and thought hell why not?Then boom, ended up doing more damage, way more on enemies from level 1 to level 200, so i can only imagine thats the definite answer against corpus.

Which then led me to the phage thinking as well just like you said, still gotta wait 10ish hours for that.But still sometimes i just like to use cool weapons rather than the top dps weapon against said faction, and the aforementioned combination proved to be much better.

You will do more to their actual health/robotic armor, but less to their shields. Corpus mobs, especially at lower levels, tend to have more shields than health except in the case of something like an Oxium Osprey. For instance, Corpus Crewmen and regular Moa start with a split of 60/150 hp/shields.

Health values do happen to scale faster than shields, so they will eventually start to equalize.

If you simply build for pure Toxin, the damage completely bypasses shields. and gives a bonus to Crewmen, but a negative to robots.

Had similar discussions in Region Chat about this (and by "discussions" I mean people yelling at me to "STFU noob use magnetic" lol)

All I ever see is people saying Magnetic is the best, but 2 seconds of research shows otherwise. If you have a strong gun, use pure Toxin, it bypasses shields.

But anyway, like with everything else, nothing is black and white. Robots and Corpus dudes are mixed, you have multiple weapons on you, you can bring friends so you target one kind of enemy while they target the other kind, there's no "1 is better than all".

But, then again, this is based on my observations playing only up to around Level 50 enemies. Who knows if certain damage types are mandatory to survive at way higher levels.