Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Will Have To Admit: I Don't Get Why People Think This Game Is Easy.

8bit_Ghost

I usually focus on things like fire rate, reload, serration/hornet strike, crit damage crit chance (took me a while to max those), and I have a few nightmare mods like lethal torrent and focus energy to help things out.

to be honest, the only mods that should always be on a weapon are pure damage (Serration/Point Blank/Hornet Strike) and Multishot (Barrel Diffusion/Split Chamber/Hell's Chamber). everything else depends on weapon. There is no need to put crit mods on a weapon with less than 15% crit chance. Always look, what could be best stats of a weapon.

Examples:

1) Soma: high crit, high firerate, big magazine, low damage, not ammo efficient -> mod for crit chance, crit damage, base damage, multishot and slap an ammo mutation mod for longer runs

2) Ogris: high damage, charging time between shots, very ammo efficient (540 rockets :D), low crit  -> mod for damage, multishot, firerate (to shorten charge time)

Also, remember to install potatoes on your favorite gear: i have tons of gear but only about 10 have a potato on it. Everything else was just for mastery.

If you still don't know what to do and what to equip, watch videos on youtube. I recommend Mogamu as he makes great short vids, explaining everything about individual warframes and weapons. Link to his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1pl_x1aDH6S82SB2EP7Gg

Edited by Skarmax

Here's another - if the game is too easy to all these hardcore "game is too easy" folks, why don't I see people playing on Pluto, Neptune, and Ceres more?

It's because these badasses are farming mods on the inner planets.

You know, playing easy mode with the noob peons, making short work of things way under their level, killing half of everything before the new guys can rack up some kills.

The game needs more stuff in these outer planets to incentivize play there.

Here's another - if the game is too easy to all these hardcore "game is too easy" folks, why don't I see people playing on Pluto, Neptune, and Ceres more?

Because of ping and settings. You see only people you could theoretically play with.

And also because of Void, OD and Clans (people playing in invite-only).

high level play requires decent players, going with randoms is annoying as at least one is a noob with a braton-mk1.

Addendum, also because of PS4. All real veterans are on PC. PC and PS4 players can't play together.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

What I have mostly seen is that a lot of newer players rely only on their (often crappy/badly modded) weapons and stay right in front of anything emptying their charger untill they die, what's eventually happens sooner or later...

Powers are the core of the gameplay they are what make things easy when you don't fear to use them; Especially around the begining because damaging powers don't scale much at higher level but usually destroy any lowers enemies instantly (or make you invisible or whatever).

Most of the people who say these things have invested 900+ hours into the game, and have a large arsenal of Frames and weapons to choose from, most of which probably have several formas on them, and every mod in the game. Give it time, and you will find things get easier. 

I'm at 70 hours played (half of it spent AFK-ing) and I have no guns nor frames with forma, none of the top tier guns like Soma, Ignis, Penta and the like but it took me one burst to bring down Stalker, I got 807 in Tethra's Doom and I can do 40+ minutes in T3 Survival. I'm not bragging nor am I saying that this game is easy. I just think that it's very difficult for new players (had a rough time myself) not because of the game's difficulty, but because the game fails to introduce new players to all it's aspects. 

@8Bit_Ghost: Add me in game and maybe I can help you out? IGN is LazyPanda06. 

Just played as Nova in a ODD last night.  Went fifty waves and didn't even need Molecular Prime.

Why?  Vortex + Torid.

Even heavy gunners fifty minutes into a t3 survival aren't a big deal--I just soften them up with viral + corrosive procs from my Tysis to drop their max health and armor before blowing them up with my corrosive Penta.

The game can be pretty mean early on, but once you get a large collection of mods, and the better weapons in the game, it does turn into a kind of cakewalk until you get to high levels.  And by high levels I mean like level 100+.  That said, it takes hundreds of hours in-mission to actually get to that point.

They should probably start to introduce some "advanced" units to mix things up at high enemy levels.  The oxium osprey is actually a step in the right direction, as a robot with heavy armor and high health but negligible shielding.  It mixes things up a bit.  Enemies that remain in a formation would be good too, with maybe a guy in front projecting a large energy shield to block incoming fire.

The community is divided by Vets who've gained a great deal of power an skills over time, New players are just starting out...

So to the Vets a lot of the content is child's play, unless we intentionally handicap ourselves with weaker or formaed weapons and/or frames.

So the content created has to balance between this rather large gap of the just starting out and the 300 hour + players...

My suggestion is find people of like minded interests, I myself am more then fine with playing with new players despite my hundreds of hours of experience. I even try to hang back a lil when it's safe to let them learn and grow, even share mods I have way too many of lol.

Stick with the game, find nice people to asking questions is the fastest way to close that gap over just winging it yourself solo.

The community is divided by Vets who've gained a great deal of power an skills over time, New players are just starting out...

So to the Vets a lot of the content is child's play, unless we intentionally handicap ourselves with weaker or formaed weapons and/or frames.

So the content created has to balance between this rather large gap of the just starting out and the 300 hour + players...

My suggestion is find people of like minded interests, I myself am more then fine with playing with new players despite my hundreds of hours of experience. I even try to hang back a lil when it's safe to let them learn and grow, even share mods I have way too many of lol.

Stick with the game, find nice people to asking questions is the fastest way to close that gap over just winging it yourself solo.

Its not about vets here, its about how new players start with nothiiiinng. And mods drop only from certain places/enemies.

For the low-mid mid players, everything is rolled easy except long defense/survival.

As to solve the problem with new players having a hard time... everyone should start out with a random elemental damage mod for rifle, and a random shield or vitality.

But yeah asking around helps tons when your new. There is also the wiki page for warframe~.

A lot of you really talk about elemental a lot. To be honest I didn't really know that elemental could be as useful as you say, and that's because of how damage 2.0 was implemented. Before I left, I could shoot an enemy with all 3 elemental mods and they would become an energized flaming popsicle. Now, elemental chances have been implemented, and you can't get these anymore. Not that I'm complaining. But the game doesn't do anything to sell elemental damage to you. With enemies, they seemingly have 100% elemental chance (like leaders and bosses). With these mods, you need a separate (and incredibly difficult to find [unless it's melee prowess]) mod that increases status chance, and not by much. It often feels like I'm firing away at enemies hoping for a blind shot. Granted, I have preference for accurate weapons that can fire one or two well placed bullets and kill an enemy (like Paris, Cernos, and Grinlok). Weapons like the Soma are neat (albeit blatantly overused) but the ammo efficiency is absolutely horrifying...I have a maxed out ammo mutation mod which feels like it achieves nothing at all.

And then there's the praise that the Soma gets, which is sought after by all players, those who know of its strength and those who don't. But the mastery 6 skillwall will prevent so many players from using it. And the weapon itself is referred to as the only good weapon in the whole game. THE WHOLE GAME. Out of almost 100 weapons (or is it more by now idk). I have a soma but I admit I dislike using it because of these reasons. I feel...well, I feel like I shouldn't be able to use it. Yeah I'm almost rank 7, but I still feel dumb with it in my hands. I have this godly weapon and to be honest I tossed it aside for the Grinlok because it looked cool. And it is cool, and I do love my Grinlok. I just feel that having this godly weapon that apparently everyone needs to have takes away from the experience of trying new weapons. Because once someone has the Soma, what's the point of using anything else?

Im not a veteran in Warframe. But have played the s***** out of it and aquired the things i wantet through grinding.

Anyway when i startet out as a new player, it was hard. No knowledge of the game, modding ect. Words like potato and forma was word that could had been fkdjffkslog. I had no clue. Startet with Loki as frame.. that was a "breeze". I was so close to remove the game. I did no dmg,tried to do my best with skills ect. But it was hard.

I did a survive mission on the first planet with my lvl 14 rank Loki and braton. Just to try the different things in Warframe. I tried as good as possible. But after awhile i heard over the ps4, "omg the guy is doing no dmg, noob"

True, but its not easy to do 1000,s of dmg with you starting gear without mods,potato and formas. I finnished the survival and went straight to youtube and warframe wiki. Read and saw videos to i passed out :p

So no, game is not easy for totally new players who never played warframe. You can read up, watch videos ect. But stil you have to find the mods/frames ect.

The turningpoint for me was when i had enough to build boltor. For new players its a great weapon and not to hard to get. I also was superlucky and got split chamber early. Those 2 helped alot to move further into the content. I learned fusing/modding/potatoing/forma from youtube actually.

All this nonsenstalk(my own nonsenstalk :p ) leads to: its hard for new players without help or guidance in Warframe. But its maybe to easy for them veteranse/geared players. And not all can afford prime access ect to get a head start. Others wanna play the game for free.

I have never used money to get weapons or frames. But i can understand that some do.it might make it a "softer" start.

Edited by (PS4)david_jung1984

I think warframe need more challenge.

Basically, difficulty in warframe is measured by how much damage the enemy does, and how much damage it can take.

Pretty much this, specially the how much damage it can take part, seeing as every new boss they add to the game has damage caps.

The game is hard if you have good teammates and good preparation. Me and my bro got 700+ on our 1st try on the Tethra with just the two of us. Got a random invite afterwards to the same event. We almost barely made it since no one was willing to push the cart when I was recharging shields (I was the only one pushing). Same goes for the stalker, I had teammates who ignored him and left me for dead despite me being near to them. Sometimes its not the game but the other players makes the game hard 

"Easily got a score of 700+ on tethra"

"Stalker is easymode now, make him harder"

"Grustrag are disappointing"

"Did 45 minutes of T3 survival three times in a row and didn't get what I wanted"

I see people say these things. I see that they consider this game far too easy.

I struggled to get my 665 on tethra.

I always die to Stalker, which sucks because I don't get him enough.

I haven't met the Grustrag yet but I don't think I will do well.

I can barely do T1 survival in the void, I've lost each time. The same goes for derelict.

I'm not necessarily complaining about people complaining, but...I just don't get how people can think this game is so easy.

Maybe I'm not the best player. But I've got most of my frames at max level, and all my weapons are maxed (except 2). I forma'd my Volt once (for his aura slot) and that gave me a bit more room to work with but I still die with him often. All my weapons (except my orthos, need to get to that) have been given catalysts. Same goes for my frames and reactors. I never get enough fusion cores for my mods, making it hard to max my serrations or vitalities or whatnot.

Is there just some sort of meta that all players except me know about? I get that I left the game for a few months, and came back after most major gamechanging updates, but I had similar issues before I had my hiatus.

I'm gonna guess that this all sounds like "woe is me" complaining. But I stand by my word: I think this game is hard. Do I want it to become easier? Not at all. I want to get better for sure. I just don't really see how players can think this game is so easy.

You did 665 Hardly? because you had crapy team

Stalker always kill you ? You must check your game play because stalker is no difficult , dodge his first slash dash and you are done...

the Grustrag i meet them once in wrong char + weap etc i got wiped but in regular i would have wiped them even in solo mode nothing hard

Theire is not difficult take a weapon , put potato and maybe forma and fire bindly it will kill anything... , no need to run except if you failed hard

mod your frame / weapon correctly and you should be fine

Or you can kill each head in half a second after it opens for the first time, then wait a minute and a half for the next one to pop up. This isn't even using warframe abilities. Crit weapons just scale way too hard.

Edit: This is why people think it is too easy:

7lSMf.png

This is damage per ammo for the Synapse (which fires ten times per second), but the Dread and Paris Prime have the exact same crit stats so would scale the same. The Soma has better crit damage but worse crit chance, which makes it about the same. These numbers are only six mods though. It still leaves two spots for other stuff.

Once you have a weapon built like this, nothing can survive so nothing is hard until at least level 50-60, when the enemies can start to hurt you before you react.

This pretty much covers a good chunk of it.  Weapon damage scaling through mods is insane.  So if you take a halfway decent weapon, slap a catalyst on it... you're pretty much on easy street.  If you start to forma it, it just gets sicker.

And matching this is Efficiency stacking for powers.  If your power doesn't care about duration, then boom, 75% efficiency.  Ultimate now costs 25.  Any situation where it is worth using (over just shooting a mob with your weapon), you'll get at least one blue orb.  And so you stay at max.

That's why people find it easy.  That's why people talk about endless modes being the game, wanting to be past wave 50 and such, at which point the game breaks in other ways, like a frame's ability to take a hit.  And that in turn leads to reliance on overpowered abilities.

It'll stay this way until they nerf damage mods and efficiency.  Ideally, at the same time increasing access to damage mods for new players, as well as fixing up the Mk-1 and Lato.

"Easily got a score of 700+ on tethra"

"Stalker is easymode now, make him harder"

"Grustrag are disappointing"

"Did 45 minutes of T3 survival three times in a row and didn't get what I wanted"

I see people say these things. I see that they consider this game far too easy.

I struggled to get my 665 on tethra.

I always die to Stalker, which sucks because I don't get him enough.

I haven't met the Grustrag yet but I don't think I will do well.

I can barely do T1 survival in the void, I've lost each time. The same goes for derelict.

I'm not necessarily complaining about people complaining, but...I just don't get how people can think this game is so easy.

Maybe I'm not the best player. But I've got most of my frames at max level, and all my weapons are maxed (except 2). I forma'd my Volt once (for his aura slot) and that gave me a bit more room to work with but I still die with him often. All my weapons (except my orthos, need to get to that) have been given catalysts. Same goes for my frames and reactors. I never get enough fusion cores for my mods, making it hard to max my serrations or vitalities or whatnot.

Is there just some sort of meta that all players except me know about? I get that I left the game for a few months, and came back after most major gamechanging updates, but I had similar issues before I had my hiatus.

I'm gonna guess that this all sounds like "woe is me" complaining. But I stand by my word: I think this game is hard. Do I want it to become easier? Not at all. I want to get better for sure. I just don't really see how players can think this game is so easy.

Are you using the best elemental combo against the enemies?

Cause with that on you can take them down pretty quick.

Plus, just keep moving left and right, the enemies dont have good targeting in this game.

Honestly, I think most people just bring a Soma during events. I had 2 people with a Soma and 1 person with a Penta in the Interception event. That kind of firepower is really unnecessary for lvl 15 mobs.

Unfortunatly challenge is a term that people throw around a lot and is highly subjective.  Some think a fun challenge is bearly scraping by using all your effort and skill to complete a successful mission.  Others consider it a fun challenge to complete a successful mission if you can do a few things wrong, recover and keep going (succeeding a mission is basically a givine unless the player messes it up). 

The game has challenge to it, you simply cant walk through obliviously doing nothing and expect to get anywhere (unless you let the rest of the squad do it for you, though thats not playing the game), the key term is the 'fun' aspect, and fun is dam hard to get right for everyone.

Ironically because it is more about numbers, players actually have more control over the challenge than other games give them, but few desire to lower their own numbers to make it fun for themselves.

What I have mostly seen is that a lot of newer players rely only on their (often crappy/badly modded) weapons and stay right in front of anything emptying their charger untill they die, what's eventually happens sooner or later...

Sad as it sounds I often come across mastery 10+ players that do the same thing just relying on other team mates to pick them up.

Edited by Loswaith

So today I finally got around to trying the new Tethra level and I'll be frank: that was the hardest thing I've ever done. Full team, all decent players, and we were decimated. I see people saying they got 1000 easily on it. I died over and over and over against those enemies, which managed to oneshot me again and again. Oh I did "spam 4 to win" but even with max flow and power range, more and more enemies came. And the core blew up.

It's not just this that's become ridiculously hard, it's the interception required to get to this level as well. I used to be able to do that very easily, maybe even a few extra waves. But now the first wave is almost too much to scrape by with, and any wave after that is basically a no.

I get that this new Shield Core mission is supposed to be harder. And only the best will beat it. But is it so wrong that I want that badge too? I get that this whole veteran base is bored out of their minds but this experience wall that has been put up isn't helping us mid-skill players at all.

I like challenge. I really do. Uranus is challenging. The void is challenging. Derelicts are challenging. This new Shield Core, this isn't challenging. It's brutal, and unfair. It's a gift to you but a slap in the face to us.

I've been trying hard not to sound too bitter about this subject in this thread but today I guess I am pretty bitter. I tried that core mission over and over to no avail. I even tried to follow the advice that some players put in here. But I haven't forma'd a single piece of equipment aside from my volt, and my redirections and vitalities are incredibly hard to get past rank 5. Same with my serration. I never felt that this game was as grindy as people said it was before but now I understand why they say that. If it's going to take thousands of level runs just to get the fusion cores and credits to up my important mods by 2 levels, then it's not worth it. A game's difficulty shouldn't be represented by the demands of the players. Difficulty isn't something you enforce on others. The difficulty that the veterans have demanded has impacted all lower players.

This is a co-op game, and yet why does it feel so competitive?

EDIT: I want to further add that I haven't seen a single player who is in the same spot as I am (mid-skill or lower) reply to this thread...isn't that a sign at all?

Edited by 8bit_Ghost

EDIT: I want to further add that I haven't seen a single player who is in the same spot as I am (mid-skill or lower) reply to this thread...isn't that a sign at all?

Forums are frequented mostly by veterans that have run out of things to do in-game. New players don't have the time to be on here when they could be grinding gear and mods.

Anyway, you're quite literally just not grinding hard enough. You're looking too deep into the game. Just play and have fun. I don't even farm Fusion Cores and I have way over three thousand already. I can likely max a Vitality to Rank Ten several times in succession if I ever felt like it.

This is a co-op game, and yet why does it feel so competitive?

because that's one of the few things that keeps the vets going

also yes 1000pts are easy, the only thing you need is preparation, if you'd be decent players you wouldn't have troubles, get a full squad 4 people, get in learn what happens, fail to learn. retry again and act according the last runs. adapt and consume > evolve. 

if you're casual act casual, and stay in casual. sorry to sound so elitist but seriously in no mmorpg you can expect to get best gear best stuff best rewards by being casual, neither can you in any other more coop related games, take path of exile for example or borderlands yes borderlands, you can have your fun, your thing and play on easy mode and you get some stuff.

play the highest difficulty and then you're facing hard enemies but you get better stuff. if you want to experience/get these stuff, get better (be prepared, plan ahead, play more to get gear)

the babysitted community starts to get on my nuts. I'm sorry for sounding so rude, but expecting to be the same as someone who spents 1000hours into the game is wrong in my opinion. 

and as I wrote earlier: DE makes the big mistake by trying to balance everything in between them instead of splitting players up in starters, mid range and vets/"hardcore" gamers.

I wouldn't mind if entries get an easy start but I refuse to agree to the point that they should or even deserve anything remotely close to what a vet can achieve

Edited by Jun-EGT-