Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A *different* Supra Thread

Phaeton0

A lot of comments have been made requesting an increase in the Supra's accuracy and/or projectile speed. But I'd like to make a different suggestion:

Decrease the accuracy even further, but increase the damage per bullet. Make me miss half my shots by spraying a veritable cloud of ammo, but make those shots that do hit actually matter.

This way it would become more than just another automatic rifle (with added spinup). It would fill a unique niche, adding new options and possible playstyles.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about a shotgun-level accuracy, with spread.

Edited by Phaeton0

that might be a bit overkill. 

but as long as i'd still be able to use skill and experience to make the vast majority of my shots hit home, i'd be content. as that's the case for almost all Shots now.

i see the Crit Chance and Status Chance (mainly the COMPLETE lack of them) as a more prevalent issue though.

The problem with area denial in a fast game, is you can't dictate what part of the cone people are using and at what range they're using it.

If you make the accuracy real bad with high damage per bullet, you get the desired result at medium to long range, where you are only hitting with a small portion of the bullets, but up close where every single bullet hits... you have made the weapon absurdly OP... If you balance for point blank, you now deal trash damage at long range. Slow projectiles actually make this worse because they're not an issue at point blank, but they hurt performance at range.

Basically it either needs reverse fall off, where the projectiles deal MORE damage as they fly farther, or it needs ammo relief where it can just cut loose at range and fire lots and lots and lots of bullets without running out of ammo. Or both.

Reverse falloff is pretty straightforward.

I like the battery idea for long range, where basically the weapon would have a second magazine that kicked in at some point. Maybe you use it up first, then you go to your ammo and the battery recharges when not firing. Maybe you use ammo first, but then instead of reloading it goes to a battery with charge proportional to how many shots you fired. Energy recycling type thing, more fired consecutively = more battery power to keep firing.

Edited by VKhaun

As for the "get a tetra" suggestion, the tetra would fall into the "just another automatic rifle" category I mentionned. It's a good one, granted, but it's not what I'm looking for.

I do see the point of it being OP at point blank (or realy close) range. I don't see them implementing reverse falloff, so I'm honestly not quite sure how one might balance it. Unless someone has a suggestion for this, I guess I'll just keep dreaming.

the boltor prime it what i hoped the supra would be like, sacrificing efficiency for raw damage

Except that it doesnt sacrifice anything really. Its straight buff over any automatic projectile weapon, only dera is more accurate from similiar weapons