Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime Is Grossly Overpowered

Boondorl

Phage does more DPS then Boltor prime, why no complain about that?

Don't think DE's goal is to make all weapons same Dps...

Also Soma still just as good if you knew that you could cancel reload half way. Making it faster reload time then Boltor.

Edited by MindlessWar

OP is mad that his Formas in his nonPrime Soma are wasted. Boltor Prime is fine, actually its the EPITOME of what a Prime weapon should be capable of. I was going to make a separate post, but while we are on the topic, how about a buff to the Braton Prime? surely breaking 10k DPS is acceptable for such a staple weapon. Mine is 8x Formaed, feels a tad weak. Mayhaps buff it to 35 ish base Slash? I wont dream of 40 plus, but if it happens I wont be terribly upset like OP.

This is what happens to people who follow flavor of the month weapons, frames, and builds... when it goes out of favor, AND IT WILL, you get left with dat bad taste in your mouth. Sorry dude, Mastery Rank demands you use more than one weapon to progress.

Just like how Despair was when it came out.

Are we really considering a gun not being hitscan this large of a disadvantage now? Some games don't even use hitscan weapons anymore, and everything shoots projectiles. Yet it's so large of a drawback it clearly deserves to have DPS that beats that of even Soma, yet without having to bother to get to MR6. You can even trade of it in trade chat now, removing the need to farm for it.

We had this exact same problem with Despair when they came out. Let's not even bother going through it again with Boltor Prime, please.

Pretty soon we're going to get a Damage 3.0 to counteract all this power creep, when in reality what we need is Balance 1.0.

DE Dont listen to this guy, he's full of it. H8ers gon h8 in my opinion. Nerf the boltor he says, LOOK at that SOMA. GOOD god man. Other weapons having DPS issues means nothing to the fact that a prime weapon, have you the Boltor Prime should do favorable damage. 

We waited a long time to see the rebirth of the Boltor, dont mess it up. DE fix weapons yes, break boltor again, NO!

Alright, a weapon comes out wich actually has disadvantages and to make up for it it has high power .... seems intended.

As Soma only has slightly lower damage but it is a hitscan weapon.

Its just like you said.

But i agree on that it needs some Mastery rank or something.

that i can agree on.

The Boltor Prime is powerful as all hell. Especially once you put the new Tethra mods on it and can boost it's elemental damage up over 1,000. However, it is a prime. In the old days that meant farming for keys, and then fighting RNG for parts. That alone was the skill rank required. These days however, parts can be bought out right. So, I say that it is in bad need of a higher mastery requirement. Soma is 6, so it should at least be equal if not a bit more than that.

But, whatever happens, I beg DE not to nerf it. It is a great gun for high levels, and it's nice to see Soma having to fight for it's throne for a change.

If they nerf this beautiful gun I quit WF forever.

Tired of this nerf S#&$..because its not creating ANY type of balance..just more complaining and $&*&*#(%&ness 

Please quit these forums if you cant discuss balance of weapons in a reasonable manner.

The Boltor Prime is only overpowered compared to bad and mediocre weapons.

Compare it to other good weapons and it is alright.

There is no justifiable reason to nerf the Boltor Prime (and the Boltor Prime alone) when weapons such as the Soma and Penta are still allowed to exist in their current state.

Edited by Brimir

Please quit these forums if you cant discuss balance of weapons in a reasonable manner.

No, especially when the gun isn't overpowered.

And if that's the case 85% of the community (plus you) need to log off.  Do you really want to derail this thread?  I feel like you guys are soooooooooooooooooo close to having it nerf'd :)

And if that's the case 85% of the community (plus you) need to log off.  Do you really want to derail this thread?  I feel like you guys are soooooooooooooooooo close to having it nerf'd :)

Then maybe you can provide arguments why its not OP, having ~20k DPS maxed (~2,5 times more than average weapons like regular Boltor, ~30% more than Soma)   instead of throwing childish insults and tantrums?

Then maybe you can provide arguments why its not OP, having ~20k DPS maxed (~2,5 times more than average weapons like regular Boltor, ~30% more than Soma)   instead of throwing childish insults and tantrums?

its only 16% more DPS then soma not 30%.  U don't take into consideration the reload can be complete at the half way mark, saving you 1 second of reload time.

My issue with arguments about "balancing" these guns by nerfing them is that it ends up nerfing the fun of high level play.

Like, for myself and a lot of others, one of the good things about warframe is the fast pace. I love that. It's something I can't get in any other game on the market.

Problem is, reasonable high levels (ie T3 survival at 20+, ie where you have to play to in order to get a 100% shot at a prime piece/forma) slow this down something fierce because enemies scale such that you can't kill them effectively; they become bullet sponges. Only the top tier weapons like Boltor Prime, Soma, Brakk, etc can still kill effectively enough at that level in order to preserve the game's fast pace.

My other issue with complaining about OP weapon this or OP weapon that is that it intrinsically rejects the premise that some weapons should be more powerful than others to allow for player progression. Except the alternative, a sidegrade system, is completely unworkable with an armory of hundreds of weapons since each gun added to the pot has to be balanced with each other gun already in the pot, making the complexity of balancing the whole pot ridiculously more difficult for every new gun you add. Sidegrades sound great in theory but fail when put into practice in the real world.

its only 16% more DPS then soma not 30%. U don't take into consideration the reload can be complete at the half way mark, saving you 1 second of reload time.

Boltor Prime also has travel time, is more inaccurate, and takes more skill to use than Soma.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and just throwing numbers.  

Edit:  Oh yeah, I do agree with raising it's Mastery Rank.  I would say.....MRank 8 or 9...maybe even 10 to cause some controversy.  

Edited by Ishki88

My issue with arguments about "balancing" these guns by nerfing them is that it ends up nerfing the fun of high level play.

Like, for myself and a lot of others, one of the good things about warframe is the fast pace. I love that. It's something I can't get in any other game on the market.

Problem is, reasonable high levels (ie T3 survival at 20+, ie where you have to play to in order to get a 100% shot at a prime piece/forma) slow this down something fierce because enemies scale such that you can't kill them effectively; they become bullet sponges. Only the top tier weapons like Boltor Prime, Soma, Brakk, etc can still kill effectively enough at that level in order to preserve the game's fast pace.

My other issue with complaining about OP weapon this or OP weapon that is that it intrinsically rejects the premise that some weapons should be more powerful than others to allow for player progression. Except the alternative, a sidegrade system, is completely unworkable with an armory of hundreds of weapons since each gun added to the pot has to be balanced with each other gun already in the pot, making the complexity of balancing the whole pot ridiculously more difficult for every new gun you add. Sidegrades sound great in theory but fail when put into practice in the real world.

The issue with OP weapons and abilities is that they ruin the fun for all the normal content of the game making it super-easy. No one wants to stay 60 min in T3 for the game to become a challenge. There is nothing in this game to justify the damage of top guns. There is no end game, people been asking for months to give us some high level contents, atleast lvl50+ nodes.. something. But instead they only release more pointlessly OP weapons. And also nerfed void defence difficulty.  

Iv been doing 40-45min T3 with weapons modded for ~7-8k DPS average without any Mprimes, Roars or Sonars on the team (doing about same damage as other players). You dont need even 10k DPS, left alone 20k to play high levels. It gets hard as it should be. First 30 min is just boring.

Good teams who utilize buffs do lvl200 enemies with lowly Karaks.

I fully understand the need for progression and dont want all the weapons to be the same, yet level of power has to be balanced against the enemies, so far its been constant powercreep with no high-level content to play.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and just throwing numbers.  

Edit:  Oh yeah, I do agree with raising it's Mastery Rank.  I would say.....MRank 8 or 9...maybe even 10 to cause some controversy.  

You should do some research before arguing.

1yXNiVs.png

The issue with OP weapons and abilities is that they ruin the fun for all the normal content of the game making it super-easy. No one wants to stay 60 min in T3 for the game to become a challenge. There is nothing in this game to justify the damage of top guns. There is no end game, people been asking for months to give us some high level contents, atleast lvl50+ nodes.. something. But instead they only release more pointlessly OP weapons. And also nerfed void defence difficulty.  

Iv been doing 40-45min T3 with weapons modded for ~7-8k DPS average without any Mprimes, Roars or Sonars on the team (doing about same damage as other players). You dont need even 10k DPS, left alone 20k to play high levels. It gets hard as it should be. First 30 min is just boring.

Good teams who utilize buffs do lvl200 enemies with lowly Karaks.

I fully understand the need for progression and dont want all the weapons to be the same, yet level of power has to be balanced against the enemies, so far its been constant powercreep with no high-level content to play.

You should do some research before arguing.

1yXNiVs.png

So you're research is someone elses research?  fQKfb6P.png I get it.....I get it

Boltor prime is clearly overpowered

You want to know what else is overpowered:  synapse, phage, soma, boar prime, latron prime, penta, ogris, grinlok, (ak)vasto, (ak)magnus, (ak)bolto, brakk, detron, despair, embolist, marelok, stug, wraith twin vipers and to lesser extent all formated weapons. 

All of above despite being high rate of fire are being able to drop lvl50 heavy units within 0.2s, most can even oneshot them. All of these have dmg output comparable to bolt action sniper rifle in other games while having high rate of fire, some above 600+ rpm. 

Its ok for sniper rifles and shotguns to be able to deal high amount of dmg, cause sniper rifles require good aim and become harder to use the closer target is to you, while shotguns have low range and thus are risky tactic.

Even borderlands despite having 6(common,uncommon,rare,epic,legendary, pearlescent) weapon tiers, though largely unbalanced handles balance better than warframe

Edited by Davoodoo

Boltor prime is clearly overpowered

You want to know what else is overpowered:  synapse, phage, soma, boar prime, latron prime, penta, ogris, grinlok, (ak)vasto, (ak)magnus, (ak)bolto, brakk, detron, despair, embolist, marelok, stug, wraith twin vipers and to lesser extent all formated weapons. 

All of above despite being high rate of fire are being able to drop lvl50 heavy units within 0.2s, most can even oneshot them. All of these have dmg output comparable to bolt action sniper rifle in other games while having high rate of fire, some above 600+ rpm. 

Its ok for sniper rifles and shotguns to be able to deal high amount of dmg, cause sniper rifles require good aim and become harder to use the closer target is to you, while shotguns have low range and thus are risky tactic.

I get it now.  Galatine needs a nerf because it's overpowering the Skana.