Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime Is Grossly Overpowered

Boondorl

I have not read the whole thread, but I want to put my 2¢ in that I agree Boltor Prime is OP.

I'm not a numbers person when it comes to this game, because we don't have a frame within which to balance. New player experience needs to be redone and we have no end-game difficulty yet. However, I'm very concerned with the operation of various weapons and Boltor seems like it's intent is to be powerful but balanced by drawbacks. I call it OP because those drawbacks aren't really doing enough to change how I use the weapon. The projectiles seem to be extremely fast, and the accuracy is still extremely good even with Heavy Caliber on it.

Please nerf the accuracy so it's not a headshot gun using Heavy Caliber at medium range, or nerf the speed so it's got a noticeable flight time.

Please nerf the accuracy so it's not a headshot gun using Heavy Caliber at medium range, or nerf the speed so it's got a noticeable flight time.

Even if a Boltor prime has heavy caliber a Soma that doesn't, Soma will hit heads for more damage. Boltor is NOT good for head shots and this is because of how crtical hits work. Dread>Latron prime>Soma>Synapse> are all better for head shots.

It is a massive difference in damage because of Boltor primes ratio of white hits, and it can never beat the critical hit weapons on headshots.

Edited by LazyKnight

Even if a Boltor prime has heavy caliber a soma that doesn't, Soma will hit heads for more damage. Boltor is NOT good for head shots and this is bveause of how crtical hits work. Dread>Latron prime.Soma>Synapse> are all better for head shots.

And assuming Santa is real, no one needs to buy their kids presents for Christmas. Your point only exists because you're comparing numbers that no one considers balanced. Soma, crit + headshots, and the damage numbers of both guns could all be tweaked, and IMO should be tweaked.

I'm talking about the drawbacks and how they affect how I use the weapon. Right now, they don't. At all. You can pick off heads that aren't moving just like a hitscan weapon and hit moving targets with only the slightest adjustments.

I'm talking about the drawbacks and how they affect how I use the weapon. Right now, they don't. At all. You can pick off heads that aren't moving just like a hitscan weapon and hit moving targets with only the slightest adjustments.

You contradicted yourself. ALL marksmen weapons do better than Boltor on headshots. All hit scan critical hit weapon do more damage.

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't give the Boltor Prime any recoil. This thing is supposed to be stupid strong-- but it literally has NO recoil. I love my Boltor Prime and I feel that its damage would be justified if they actually gave it the drawbacks that come along with its huge damage. Don't take away its ability to do its absurd damage, but make it more difficult for it to do so.

You should feel a difference between shooting massive bolts that pin people to walls and shooting tiny bullets.

Giving the Boltor some recoil wouldn't affect it in the role it's supposed to fill-- a short-medium ranged monstrosity, but it would limit its crazy high damage to being in that zone only.

Edited by HolidayPi3

You do not consider Soma balanced, DE does. You say it has no draw backs, hmm lets see does having travel time and doing less damage on head shots count as a draw back?

I guess you just have a stick up your butt about crit weapons. My point is clear as day. The 'drawbacks' aren't sufficient to change how the weapon is used.

Actually I'm kinda happy that soma and synapse got kicked off the throne dps-wise. Was about time that DE gives me a new weapon I find wort formaing, and  must say I enjoy boltor prime!

Why?

because its the first prime weapon that actually really kicks butt, boltor was a beast once, but then other weapons surpassed it, like despair, acrid, etc.

I think more prime weapons should be like boltor prime, it shows that orokin tech is really the best there is, and thats how it should be.

I think it deserves a mastery lock tho, maybe 10 or 12, to give the people a reason to up all their gear, its really not that hard.

The only thing I really find bad is that people can get in the prime access pack, you shouldnt hand a noob(only incase a new player buys it) such a powerful tool. Kinda pay2getthegoodstuffquickly.

Also, I forma'd my boltor prime 4 times by now, if they nerf it, I want 2 legendary fusion cores.

Edited by Genoscythe

I guess you just have a stick up your butt about crit weapons. My point is clear as day. The 'drawbacks' aren't sufficient to change how the weapon is used.

Like what Supra? I really stopped caring about that philosophy long ago when DE made Miter.

I think it deserves a mastery lock tho, maybe 10 or 12, to give the people a reason to up all their gear, its really not that hard.

It wouldn't hurt to make them all like Dakra and have mastery rank 6.

Back in dmg1.0 i actually said that braton (which had better stats) is better than boltor (which had worse stats but was armor ignore) due to headshots ignoring armor, community replied thats its impossible to get that many headshots to beat armor ignore dmg. Used same argument with dread vs paris.

After few months new gun comes out, its clearly op yet same community tries to convince me that weaker gun is better due to increased headshot dmg.

I hope you realize how silly it sounds to me.

Edited by Davoodoo

Whats your PRoblem?! Boltor is very old forgotten weapon and now we get Prime version which does not suck and dish out damage in tougher missions. Why ask for nerf for a weapon that is good. This is PvE game not PvP where balance is important. I would just say buff crap to make it usable rather than nerf nice guns. Current list of weapons for level 100 and higher that do reasonable damage to kill enemies fast without loosing too much ammo is Paris Prime and Ogris only, whats wrong if we get another weapon in this list?!

Whats your PRoblem?! Boltor is very old forgotten weapon and now we get Prime version which does not suck and dish out damage in tougher missions. Why ask for nerf for a weapon that is good. This is PvE game not PvP where balance is important. I would just say buff crap to make it usable rather than nerf nice guns. Current list of weapons for level 100 and higher that do reasonable damage to kill enemies fast without loosing too much ammo is Paris Prime and Ogris only, whats wrong if we get another weapon in this list?!

VoltCruelerz wrote a very nice essay about need of balance in any game, whether its pvp or not.

You should read it.

Its quite easy to tell that some people are unhappy because they favourite gun Soma is being threatened for the dps title.  Boltor was like the gorgon at the start than it became useless when other weapons came out.  Did you ever think that DE is slowly creating prime versions of old weapons so that it is viable again?

Also boltor prime not being hit scan weapon loses dps as you will have to lead your target and often you will miss at long range on moving targets. 

Edited by Rhokdelar

Back in dmg1.0 i actually said that braton (which had better stats) is better than boltor (which had worse stats but was armor ignore) due to headshots ignoring armor, community replied thats its impossible to get that many headshots to beat armor ignore dmg. Used same argument with dread vs paris.

After few months new gun comes out, its clearly op yet same community tries to convince me that weaker gun is better due to increased headshot dmg.

I hope you realize how silly it sounds to me.

At least comparing Braton to Boltor, there was a point when Boltor did better bodyshots and Braton was better at headshots.  After sticking 4 forma on both Soma and Boltor prime, it is an apt analogy to compare them to Braton and Boltor in damage 1.0.   

Kunai and despair were overpowered relatively to other weapons then DE buffed Acrid. Those are weapons that were indefensibly powerfully, but DE also buffed NPC level so aggressively it made the older weapon look bad (power creep or botched armor scaling curve).

Edited by LazyKnight

Ok so, just in case DE is reading this and are considering making any decisions, allow me to input on the topic.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT NERF THIS SEXY BEAST OF A WEAPON

It is fine just how it is!

DE has created a truly awesome weapon here, straight from the release, perfect.

I was in love with the Boltor before and praying for a Boltor Prime. My prayers were abundantly answered.

It has been said before and i think it really is true, Soma lovers are just scared that theres a new rifle that can compete with it(if not, beat it, but they are different guns).

Comparing Boltor Prime to Soma is a valid because even though many players agree that the Soma is far more powerful than other rifles, the developers has never seen fit to nerf it. It would be one thing if the Soma was a recent release, but the amount of time for which it's been allowed to maintain its level of performance, means it can't simply be dismissed as an outlier, but should be considered a valid benchmark for a new standard of high tier.

When the Fragor and Scindo were released as the first cleave and 200 charge melee weapons, people refused to acknowledge the shift in paradigm in the same way. Instead, they claiming they were OP and needed to be nerfed or would "ruin" the game. Of course now, no one even bats an eye at Orthos Prime and Galatine.

Edited by Ryme