Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Pack End-All According To De

-Krux-

Man I know but I think sony is putting up barriers. If I work at sony I say do not let founders migrate over with these exclusives make a founders pack on ps4 to bait non founders over and cha ching migration in full swing our ps4 players are thrilled and we just made a decent amont of new customers. Anyone say promotion

If the founders items are ever re-introduced (to level the "mastery points" playing field) then I do suggest that special skins be made for each version (with clearly distinguishable features) for those items, and have those skins available only to founders.  Then again, there's the issue of the Closed Beta Rewards...  To level the "mastery points" inequality does DE re-introduce those?

My belief is that it's simply better to leave the situation as is, than to do all of that...

There are an estimated 700 or so weapons that'll be needed to reach Mastery Rank 30...  While there are only of 5 founders and closed beta items...  A drop in the bucket.

Excalibur Prime I can sorta understand...  But all this over the Lato and Skana too?  Lato and Skana...  ROFL...

I think the "skins" idea would be a great idea if they were going to re-issue the items.  I think it might make sense due to the addition of the PS4 platform of reissuing the "founder" pack.

Alternatively, they could just make a 1 time use item that instantly awards all of the possible mastery for those items to anyone not flagged as a founder / closed beta member.  

Bottom line is that there are options.

I love how all of these people who apparently miss deadlines for a living can be bothered to shell out the $249 for the G-Unit package NOW.... where were ya ppl back THEN? if you had all synchronized your Swatch watches Parker Lewis style you wouldnt be in this supposed pickle.

Mcdonalds just got rid of those delish Mighty Wings for good... Can we go to the counter and DEMAND they get us some because we are waving our $5 bill in their face? shoulda bought them while they were trying to make a profit or just salvage their promotion. Apparently gamers these days dont think that virtual items have an expiration date either. Guess what? sometimes, THEY DO. Have nots call the haves entitled because we did what we were supposed to at the appropriate time... the irony. If you wanted to fit in with the cool kids, you shoulda done what the cool kids did, when you were supposed to. That simple.

When is it going to stop? It wont stop with Founder Items. Once precedent is set, then its going to be about Design Council, Solar Landmarks, etc etc etc. The begging will never end. Everyone is going to be a founder. That may please some of you, but as for myself I would never fund another game ever again if this kind of behavior is rewarded. It is a matter of PRINCIPLE. When I look at my 9k plat (never mind the thousands of plat ive already blown on hookers and blow) what I see is my support for this game, not the virtual currency. That number could be ZERO and I would still be ok. Would just mean that its just another game to me, nothing worth buying into.

Lastly, for you PS4 guys... LET IT GO. They are not going to rerelease packages just because there is a new platform. Its pretty ridiculous to even suggest this. So you guys want some dudes on the XPS6000Quad4 5 years from now to have access to a Founders package? seriously?

Every time I see one of these posts it just makes me sad. DE shouldn't have to make a perma sticky IN HUGE RED LETTERS telling people to stop asking for stuff they missed. They probably would of gotten around to releasing some stuff anyway on their own, but this incessant rampant BEGGING has just ruined any positive that could of come from it.

This topic is like a horse carcass beaten to a pulp, stripped down to the bone, meat hung out to dry and be jerky for crows to eat.

While I can appreciate that great sense of lacking, which newer players feel when knowing that they'll never have Excalibur Prime/Founder Weapons, it's the deal that DE made with us founders.

I do have some concerns and can sympathize with new players that want to have a complete set of all of the Prime warframes.  However, re-introducing them would re-define the DE's use of the word "exclusive" and then what's to stop the closed beta rewards from being re-introduced?  How is it fair to the closed beta testers?

When I started playing this game on the first day of Open Beta, I knew that I'd never get a chance at the Lato or Braton Vandals.  I've mentioned in other threads like this that each time I play the game and see someone with a Braton Vandal (lato vandal is difficult to pick up) I have feeling of respect for them, because their contributions helped to form this game I enjoy so much today.  Also, when I decided to become a founder there was only one tile...  The corpus ship.  We only had a handful of weapons, no void and no clantech.  I'm very happy to see that my contributions have helped warframe grow into a better game with each upcoming patch.

If the founders items are ever re-introduced (to level the "mastery points" playing field) then I do suggest that special skins be made for each version (with clearly distinguishable features) for those items, and have those skins available only to founders.  Then again, there's the issue of the Closed Beta Rewards...  To level the "mastery points" inequality does DE re-introduce those?

My belief is that it's simply better to leave the situation as is, than to do all of that...

There are an estimated 700 or so weapons that'll be needed to reach Mastery Rank 30...  While there are only 5 founders and closed beta items...  A drop in the bucket.

Excalibur Prime I can sorta understand...  But all this over the Lato and Skana too?  Lato and Skana...  ROFL...

It is all about Excal prime, believe me, warframes are different from weapons, i know lots of people who are loyal to the radial blind, lots of people fond of the excalibur, go figure, people like some warframes just because and thats it, eventually we will have every prime except for excalibur, doesnt feel right, me and a good portion of the bunch only care about excalibur.

Your post makes allot of sense and I see your point.  There's just one bit...

"never mind the thousands of plat ive already blown on hookers and blow"

How is this game mode activated?  lol.  I'm sure many Tenno would like to know...  XD

Dojo... the special, SPECIAL room accessed through the elevator...

As a master I wouldn't care if people could get the skana prime and excal prime and so on, I'd rather have everyone have everything than me have most things. However, and it is a big however, DE has said multiple times it would never be available again, which means they are obligated to stick to that, ethically. If they made an exception for PS4 I would understand, since those guys never really had the chance to get the stuff in the first place.

I still would not upgrade my pack if I could, $150 is too much for a digital handgun, I can go buy a real gun at a pawn shop for that much and probably have a lot more fun with it.

If DE released founders gear again, I'd probably never spend money on them again because they wouldn't deserve it. If they can't keep their commitments because people are whining over something that is so insignificant as mastery XP, I don't think I'd trust them to make a good game. Part of being a good game company is not caving to every single whim of the player base. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and if they are incapable of that, why should I invest in them?

I like where all of this is going, some empathy at last, as a console player you might be surprised i never heard of the game league of legends until the last week, then i came to know what it was all about and was quite shocked i didn't know about it, even though it is definetly no my type of game, at all.

All this goes to show that console players, generally, FO REALZ don't know, don't have a clue about what it's going on with the pc, which is why we never heard about warframe before it came to the ps4.

Also we had to deal with things that we are definetly not used to, like an unfinished and buggy as hell game, laggy, you get the picture, that's why i think that any argument against the offer of the founder's package on the ps4 really lacks empathy and business mentality, even more when you consider the rate at which we get HOTFIXES, we wait more than a month, for a HOTFIX.

If DE released founders gear again, I'd probably never spend money on them again because they wouldn't deserve it. If they can't keep their commitments because people are whining over something that is so insignificant as mastery XP, I don't think I'd trust them to make a good game. Part of being a good game company is not caving to every single whim of the player base. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and if they are incapable of that, why should I invest in them?

Because many others will?Because just as they dont cater to whims they dont cater to selfish kids?Goes both ways son.

I don't mind it being released on PS4. I would be highly upset it being re-released on the PC though. This wasn't like other events where all you had to do was play the game and bam, there you go. All of us founders had to spend money to get these perks. I wouldn't like seeing everyone just all of a sudden just accessing it through grinding the void missions and getting it for free. I would straight up quit funding this game to be honest. 

Considering we're getting a Feature in the Not-so-distant-future based almost Entirely around Mastery EXP, It's not so Insignificant.

>Saryn

you sure got a funny way of spelling Ember, there, mate. 

Saryn was my first thought because so many like her, but I have to say I'm with you on Ember. Ember Prime is my absolute favorite for design so far.

My thoughts on the exclusive items, is that they shouldn't really grant mastery points (not sure if they do or not). If they don't give mastery, it's just cosmetic - although I guess even so, Ex Prime does have his own polarities. 

While I wouldn't be upset over other's getting a chance at Ex Prime, I do feel it was a reward for helping found the game and dumping all that money into a game that was still a gamble. We didn't know if the $300 we put into this would work out or not. It was incentive, and was marked specifically as an incentive.

I don't mind it being released on PS4. I would be highly upset it being re-released on the PC though. This wasn't like other events where all you had to do was play the game and bam, there you go. All of us founders had to spend money to get these perks. I wouldn't like seeing everyone just all of a sudden just accessing it through grinding the void missions and getting it for free. I would straight up quit funding this game to be honest. 

All very valid and justified points.

IMO the re-release on the ps4 should be a no bainer, give us the 150$ package, one month to get it then bb.

On the PC, well it was already released there, but let us assume they would re-release again, there should be only the 150$ pack as well, going for what, 190$, perhaps?

You see, that would keep the exclusivity of such items and give players the chance they never had, quite simple.

Because many others will?Because just as they dont cater to whims they dont cater to selfish kids?Goes both ways son.

I'm not a founder. I can't be "Selfish" because I don't have anything to protect. And they made a commitment at the very beginning of the game that said that founder items would always be exclusive to founders. Breaking that commitment would be breaking the trust of players. Founders had to actually believe in the game and invest in a product that was unproven. There was no guarantee that the game would be good, or that their money would actually be well spent in the game if it failed entirely. They had to believe in the game and actually help it along. And they received some fairly crappy weapons and more or less a frame skin for it.

Considering we're getting a Feature in the Not-so-distant-future based almost Entirely around Mastery EXP, It's not so Insignificant.

I say that XP is irrelevant because there are so many better ways to solve the problem that having that gear gives founders extra mastery. You suggested the way I think is the best, which is just give everyone the xp(best done IMO by reducing rank costs by that much). I don't see why all the founders rewards need to be released just for xp.

All very valid and justified points.

IMO the re-release on the ps4 should be a no bainer, give us the 150$ package, one month to get it then bb.

On the PC, well it was already released there, but let us assume they would re-release again, there should be only the 150$ pack as well, going for what, 190$, perhaps?

You see, that would keep the exclusivity of such items and give players the chance they never had, quite simple.

They shouldn't release it on the pc as a money pack, only because everyone would complain that now the game is pay to win and that you can't get the max mastery rank without paying a ton of money, etc etc.

I'd say, let PS4 players get it. Only problem is how would the design council work? I don't have a PS4, but I'd love to be in the design council. Would I be able to then? Is that fair?

I'm not a founder. I can't be "Selfish" because I don't have anything to protect. And they made a commitment at the very beginning of the game that said that founder items would always be exclusive to founders. Breaking that commitment would be breaking the trust of players. Founders had to actually believe in the game and invest in a product that was unproven. There was no guarantee that the game would be good, or that their money would actually be well spent in the game if it failed entirely. They had to believe in the game and actually help it along. And they received some fairly crappy weapons and more or less a frame skin for it.

Well, I was not talking specifically about you but the whole nay community, also, i agree with the commitment thing, but you gotta understand we also didnt know how this game would fare in the ps4, you know console players, way less people have consoles than they have pc, and console players dont tend do be as dedicated to a single game as pc players, so there you go, i would consider myself founder for the ps4 side of it and would pay to support it even more than i already did (400$ so far and planning to get the stomp pack once it is available to us).

They shouldn't release it on the pc as a money pack, only because everyone would complain that now the game is pay to win and that you can't get the max mastery rank without paying a ton of money, etc etc.

I'd say, let PS4 players get it. Only problem is how would the design council work? I don't have a PS4, but I'd love to be in the design council. Would I be able to then? Is that fair?

Well, you said it yourself, should they hold onto this commitment, i would say you lost your chance, by your logic, which is very understandable by the way, that should be fair.

Either that, or you commit yourself to a new platform and spend 550$ on it (ps4 + foudners) which would very much earn you the founders title in name and in action, lol.

edit: oh and i like i've been saying , i'm pretty pretty positive the re release of just excal prime would bury this whole subject, as a money thing of course, never obtainable in game.I just think it wouldnt make sense releasing it without the skana and the lato, but i'm sure people wouldn't care.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

"There is continued talk from players about bringing it back, or some aspect of rerelease, but it’s very unlikely to occur."

Does this not bother anyone else? I think it was made very clear several times that Founders Program Access was completely cut off indefinitely. Why now, all of a sudden, DE isn't so stern about it. This used to be a confident "No, exclusive is exclusive, this will NEVER be released" even clearly stated in a livestream.

Now in hot-topics thread, there's a sense of uncertainty and doubt.

That doesn't sit well with me. "Very unlikely to occur" should say "it WILL NOT happen, period"

This actually worries me a LOT.

They even stated during a stream that the items from it won't be released again, but they never said they would never bring the packs back...

I would have to agree with PiMDX. One of the reasons why migration hasn't happened is because of this founders pack items. No one on PS4 wants to see people running around with items they are not able to get. I believe Sony will be harshly criticized for not being fair to its PS4 clients. DEMegan posted something about there being token items being released to PS4 customers so who know what might happen. I hope we get exclusive items to the PS4 to offset the balance between PC and PS4. Also the items in the founders pack are not even that good to begin with so the only reason why PS4 players care is because of rank points.