Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Flux Rifle And Ignis

Taikaponi

d9891d1bbb2121d04e32c28d28a27a3c.png

Buff Flux rifle and Ignis ffs. IFlux requires a mastery rank of 6 and it's barely better than Braton, which can be bought for credits. Ignis requires a mastery rank of 4. Both, Flux and Ignis, are very expensive to build as well. All the 3 weapons have the same builds in the picture.

Ignis? I dunno mate, but doesn't its DPS multiply when you use it against a group of enemies close together? I find it to be quite brutal.

Ignis? I dunno mate, but doesn't its DPS multiply when you use it against a group of enemies close together? I find it to be quite brutal.

Put Shred on crit-builded Grakata and that will be 4 times more effective than Ignis. 

Put Shred on crit-builded Grakata and that will be 4 times more effective than Ignis. 

Then shouldn't we nerf the Grakata?

*Runs away laughing maniacally*

EDIT: Okay, I had my fun. On topic, unless the Grakata has a ridiculous spread, I think you still wouldn't be able to cover as large an AoE as the Ignis.

Edited by Guest

Completely agree. The Ignis used to be a beast for a short period of time but hell, it was good and appropriate.

Now it's barely acceptable against the infestation and of course only with loads of Forma slapped in.

Edited by Krotalon

did you read past "burst" since flux does actually better damage agains armor than braton.... but i guess they need to buff all dem gunz couse its _you_ who is requesting this and its _your_ personal oppinion so it has to be important ? rigth ??

Flux could definitely use a higher Status Rate. a little help on Crits would also be nice as they are the powerhouse source on Rifles.

Ignis could as well. not to mention like some other Elemental Weapons, having a separate Status Chance for it's base Damage Type, as well as additional ones so that it can have a relatively good chance to Ignite.

and ofcourse Continuous Weapons still need some tweaking as to how they deal their Damage... because the current way just feels weird, and does not make them satisfying to use.

All the 3 weapons have the same builds in the picture.

er, that's a bit of a problem, since they aren't the 3 same Weapons. Ignis and Flux will want different Mods than non-continuous Weapons will.

Then shouldn't we nerf the Grakata?

*Runs away laughing maniacally*

have you seen those Status Effects? on such an Automatic Weapon? Grakata is downright amazing as a Support Weapon that one player carries while the others have high Burst Damage Weapons. then you're set for hundreds of levels.

your implication of it's terribleness seems unjustified.

Put punch through mod on any other weapon and they all will be more effective than Ignis

Ignis can theoretically hit 5000 Enemies simultaneously if they fit inside the area of effect.

regardless of their position provided they are within 178° of the Players' front.

remember, Ignis has infinite Innate Piercing. the more crowded sh*t gets, the more Ignis benefits. because you can always hit all of them simultaneously.

I built a ignis last week and I say that I used it with both Nova and Ember and it was way better with the flaming chicken just because of accelerant. I missed Accelerant when using Nova.

But I was in a mid level mission. So I can't say more than Ignis just felt good in my hands when usinig it with Ember.

have you seen those Status Effects? on such an Automatic Weapon? Grakata is downright amazing as a Support Weapon that one player carries while the others have high Burst Damage Weapons. then you're set for hundreds of levels.

your implication of it's terribleness seems unjustified.

I can't fathom how you could reach the conclusion that I was saying the Grakata is bad, when I was talking about nerfing it.

And to all those people saying "well, if you use punch-through you can also hit more enemies", well you'll have to wait until they're standing in a line. While you wait for that, I already burned them, and the four soldiers standing besides them.

EDIT: Also, "hundreds of levels"? Didn't the devs said they weren't balancing anything beyond the levels you see in Pluto?

Edited by Guest

I can't fathom how you could reach the conclusion that I was saying the Grakata is bad, when I was talking about nerfing it.

EDIT: Also, "hundreds of levels"? Didn't the devs said they weren't balancing anything beyond the levels you see in Pluto?

oh, i misunderstood the type of joke intended then. :<

officially, that's the idea.... but for that to be the case, the game currently stands as a goddamn mess. all of the new or 'OP' equipment - literally is OP then. because it all does the same jobs better, easier, which all basically is just trivialization of the content entirely. the only way we can actually justify many of the OP Weapons is if we think about levels in a very wide range. if that won't be part of the equation, then there's a lot of Equipment that needs to have their stats like, halved.

Edited by taiiat

Ignis is fine. That DPS is OFF THE CHAIN when it's hitting ten guys at once in a huge cone. That's what flame throwers are for.

Flux Rifle needs a buff. I'm not into balancing numbers because we don't have a real framework within which to balance until we get proper end-game. Regardless of where the numbers balance out later though, the intent seems to be that Synapse is for short range and high DPS. The 5m additional range that Flux Rifle has over Synapse isn't enough to make it an alternative. It needs to be much longer, and have some additional draw.

I think innate punch-through would be lovely and would fit the lasery theme, but I love my punch-through. Maybe a massive magazine or slower ammo drain would allow it to be sustained longer, like Phage, and some people might value that. Just throwing out ideas now though, point being it needs something, to justify giving up base damage to pick it.

trivialization of the content entirely

It is also called "Power Creep". They need to give players are reason to play or pay for the new stuff, and the easiest way to do that is bigger stats. Then people say "OP", but they also say "No nerf!". So they make the game harder. And then the new players get smashed, which is the situation we have now.

But Soma with punch through can hit 3 targets as well.

Over a gigantic AoE? I don't think so.

You could use Heavy Caliber to create an artificial AoE for any weapon you want, of course, but then each target will only receive a tiny portion of the weapon's total damage (a la Phage). The Ignis doesn't have this problem; everything it touches is struck with full impact no matter where it is.

Flux Rifle needs some looking at. The Ignis is fine.

Flux Rifle shoots lasers and and lasers travel at light speed.

How the hell does it has an obligatory end point?

I'm more concerned by the fact that Flux has to wait for longer than Synapse for the beam to extend to its full range.

Bring flux rifle back to 200 damage a second and Ignis back to 150 damage a second :3

Then give the Flux innate punch through for 5m and split the damage into half Slash and half Puncture.

The tears will be glorious when people get shot through cover by Corpus laz0r beam men.

Edited by fatpig84