Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

True but at the same time Ps4 couldn't be founders to because it wasnt out so like rubing that point in the air has no real meaning to it really besides PC being the founders for the game because the only other system it was going to be on was Ps4 but it was not released yet for us so Ps4 players had no real way of helping.      But some type of Excalibur should  be released as a exclusive for us if we cant get Excalibur prime sounds good.

They just need to make up something as cool as the Prime gear to give to PS4 players as an exclusive. I'd be down with that. Sure, some would complain, but I think it'd be awesome (like Excalibur Vandal. I don't care for anything wraith or vandal so it'd be something unique and prized for PS4 players).

I dunno why, but Excalibur Wraith sounds like it would look awesome. Give it a - polarity on the aura slot, make a Seer and Cronus Wraith along with exclusive badges, and run a PS4 only event from Friday through Sunday centered around preventing the Grineer from replicating an Excalibur warframe. Then set tiers for prize from low (win the badge only) to top tier (win it all). Just make it difficult enough that winners of the Excalibur Vandal would have some serious bragging rights, and bam, PS4 exclusive gear on par with Founder gear.

I dunno why, but Excalibur Wraith sounds like it would look awesome. Give it a - polarity on the aura slot, make a Seer and Cronus Wraith along with exclusive badges, and run a PS4 only event from Friday through Sunday centered around preventing the Grineer from replicating an Excalibur warframe. Then set tiers for prize from low (win the badge only) to top tier (win it all). Just make it difficult enough that winners of the Excalibur Vandal would have some serious bragging rights, and bam, PS4 exclusive gear on par with Founder gear.

Wraith won't make sense. But maybe Excalibur Vandal, captured by Alad V and subjected to experiments and attempted mind control. All 4 of his limbs are cybernetic replacements because alterations of technocyte virus by Alad V caused original limbs to degrade, all his polarities are V except for abilities, and his speed is crippled but health and shields are increased. Plus he has Corpus brands all over him and remnants of mind control device on the helmet that can't be swapped.

Also would explain why the frame is limited. Only select few Excaliburs that were altered in Corpus labs exist and Tenno won't attempt similar treatment of their own.

Well, just an example.

All this would do is cause the exact same uproar the other way - "Why do PS4 players get something special that PC players don't?" DE would be wise to avoid splitting the fanbase any more than it already is by console. If anything, they should just get the founder's packs as they were to prevent the idea that any platform is held in higher regard, but that's only if you accept the premise that PS4 should get anything "because we got the founder program."

All this would do is cause the exact same uproar the other way - "Why do PS4 players get something special that PC players don't?" DE would be wise to avoid splitting the fanbase any more than it already is by console. If anything, they should just get the founder's packs as they were to prevent the idea that any platform is held in higher regard, but that's only if you accept the premise that PS4 should get anything "because we got the founder program."

Duh. Of course the proper way of doing things would be just release Founders pack on PS store. But since it's been a while and DE haven't done that we discussing worse methods of bringing versions on par.

Take an example. Splatterhouse on 360 and PS3 has an exclusive mask on each system that other system don't. So versions are on par. Sure, it would be better to have both masks on both systems, but there you have it. Warframe right now has gear that were sold on PC but never appeared on PS store. This needs to be fixed. Sure, the better way is to just offer same gear, but it's also ok to replace it with something different on PS4.

Wraith won't make sense. But maybe Excalibur Vandal, captured by Alad V and subjected to experiments and attempted mind control. All 4 of his limbs are cybernetic replacements because alterations of technocyte virus by Alad V caused original limbs to degrade, all his polarities are V except for abilities, and his speed is crippled but health and shields are increased. Plus he has Corpus brands all over him and remnants of mind control device on the helmet that can't be swapped.

Also would explain why the frame is limited. Only select few Excaliburs that were altered in Corpus labs exist and Tenno won't attempt similar treatment of their own.

Well, just an example.

I picked Wraith because believe it or not, the Grineer are the faction that has proven capable of making hybrid Orokin tech. Vor uses a Void Key as an offensive weapon, and the Seer is a Grineer/Prime hybrid. Quite an acheivement, seeing as the Tenno can't even pull off Prime tech. Alad V has only adapted non-Prime tech.

Going by the story thus far, the Grineer would be the more likely candidate, but for practical purposes, a fan poll should probably decide something like that.

True but at the same time Ps4 couldn't be founders to because it wasnt out so like rubing that point in the air has no real meaning to it really besides PC being the founders for the game because the only other system it was going to be on was Ps4 but it was not released yet for us so Ps4 players had no real way of helping.      But some type of Excalibur should  be released as a exclusive for us if we cant get Excalibur prime sounds good.

doesn't matter if you're playing on PS4 or PC: you discovered the game to late to get the founders pack, just like me. so why would you be more entitled to it than me?

Founders was in Closed beta... they extended it to be nice... they were NICE... and that is how you defend it... by standing your ground and saying it was a CLOSED BETA EXCLUSIVE...

Except the fact they extended it beyond the Closed Beta makes it otherwise.

There are plenty of valid defenses, that just isn't one of them.

Founders was in Closed beta... they extended it to be nice... they were NICE... and that is how you defend it... by standing your ground and saying it was a CLOSED BETA EXCLUSIVE...

So it in fact was NOT a closed beta exclusive. As to why - they extended it, forgot to end it - it's irrelevant. And in fact was available up until 2 weeks before PS4 version launch. And PS4 port quality was waaay behind the quality of PC version during founders pack availability.

Been there, done that, not a valid argument.

As others have said, while I agree with your opinion, your point doesn't really hold much water. Founders is far from "Close Beta Exclusive" in any way, shape, or form. It being available after closed beta ended makes it inherently not under any sort of closed beta prerogative.

As others have said, while I agree with your opinion, your point doesn't really hold much water. Founders is far from "Close Beta Exclusive" in any way, shape, or form. It being available after closed beta ended makes it inherently not under any sort of closed beta prerogative.

All of this being said, it was a PC exclusive, and the people who are lobbying for it on the PS4 have no traction aside from the fact they think they should get it.

OF COURSE, DE has already put their foot down, so the entire matter is irrelevant, no?

doesn't matter if you're playing on PS4 or PC: you discovered the game to late to get the founders pack, just like me. so why would you be more entitled to it than me?

Because he got it on launch next gen console when the console version first launched? That's equivalent of getting into early beta on PC. You had it on PC for ages, no excuses - it's your fault for missing it. He got it as soon as it came into existence on PS4. Should ask him about it first though...

Because he got it on launch next gen console when the console version first launched? That's equivalent of getting into early beta on PC. You had it on PC for ages, no excuses - it's your fault for missing it. He got it as soon as it came into existence on PS4. Should ask him about it first though...

so he either made the choice of waiting for the PS4 version instead of playing the PC version, and with that descision chose to wait until after the founders pack was retired,

or he discovered the game to late.

Edited by marbatico

so he either made the choice of waiting for the PS4 version instead of playing the PC version, and with that descision chose to wait until after the founders pack was retired,

You know, a lot of people can't make that choice, since they don't have a PC powerful enough to handle Warframe.

All of this being said, it was a PC exclusive, and the people who are lobbying for it on the PS4 have no traction aside from the fact they think they should get it.

OF COURSE, DE has already put their foot down, so the entire matter is irrelevant, no?

It's DE fault to begin with. They should have removed any traces of those items from PS4 version. Sony wouldn never allow something like that to transfer via account migration if it wasn't on PS store anyway. And DE pretty much admitted long ago that leaving all that Founders stuff in PS4 codex was controversal and insensitive.

See, they are 2 different games. I myself don't even touch PC games most of the time. But there's always spot for another Playstation title in my library.

It's DE fault to begin with. They should have removed any traces of those items from PS4 version. Sony wouldn never allow something like that to transfer via account migration if it wasn't on PS store anyway. And DE pretty much admitted long ago that leaving all that Founders stuff in PS4 codex was controversal and insensitive.

-snip-

I 100% agree with you, the PS4 Version SHOULDN'T contain ANY trace of the Founders Gear.

Well they could've still gave us something.

And don't tell me that we got exclusive braton skins or whatever because I think that hardly compares to primes.

They have already said they are thinking up PS4 only items. 

What more do you people want?

I 100% agree with you, the PS4 Version SHOULDN'T contain ANY trace of the Founders Gear.

Thank you. This is one thing I've suggested long ago as alternative to releasing Founders gear on PS4.

Remove excalibur, lato and skana prime from PS4 codex, replace corrupted mod art that has Excalibur prime on them with different art (with Mag Prime for example). Problem permanently solved.

Well they could've still gave us something.

And don't tell me that we got exclusive braton skins or whatever because I think that hardly compares to primes.

We got nothing in Europe BTW. Only US got that Braton skin.