The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Dual Lex Pistols!

HadronVictorioso

The Lex is basically a powerful revolver.

Revolvers aren't normally dual wielded in many games. Real life-wise, revolvers pack far too much of a kick to be dual wielded by any normal, or even above average, person.

Even the Tenno have some trouble with it. Note how they hold it with both hands when aiming.

The Lex is basically a powerful revolver.

Revolvers aren't normally dual wielded in many games. Real life-wise, revolvers pack far too much of a kick to be dual wielded by any normal, or even above average, person.

Even the Tenno have some trouble with it. Note how they hold it with both hands when aiming.

Have you fired the Lex when not aiming down sights? They one-hand it.

Good point. If someone can fire a lex while holding a data case, its definitly able to dual wield. besides that. We are super human. If you try to say this doesnt work, you could also complain about the saltos and wall runs....

Yeah, I haven't used Lex in a long while since I maxed it, so I was checking it in the inventory instead of ingame. Either way, it's still a high powered revolver style gun that shouldn't be dual wielded. Hell, it doesn't even need to - headshots are almost always instant kills. You don't need more bullets for Lex - you need to aim. That + its high recoil and low rate of fire balances it. Aklatos is your weapon if you want "Aklex".

Good point. If someone can fire a lex while holding a data case, its definitly able to dual wield. besides that. We are super human. If you try to say this doesnt work, you could also complain about the saltos and wall runs....

That's mainly for the sake of balance. Every dual wielding secondary transforms into a single gun when you're carrying a data case. You'll notice that you still have the same rate of fire and overall stats.

I like the idea, but I really struggle to see how you'd balance it without making it feel like a completely different pistol.

You'd have to lower the accuracy so much that it wouldn't be a precision shooter any more, and that would be horiffic with such a low fire rate.

I like the idea, but I really struggle to see how you'd balance it without making it feel like a completely different pistol.

You'd have to lower the accuracy so much that it wouldn't be a precision shooter any more, and that would be horiffic with such a low fire rate.

Or maybe add a simple range nerf. If they arent effective on long range, and the reload times are longer, the disadvantage would be enough to make normal lex sexy and the dual lex still usable for close range =) Accuracy nerf might not be needed ^^

I don't think any weapons have damage fall-off though, at the moment. Would be an extra thing to code, but would actually help with balancing all weapons, and making them unique, if they added it in to the engine.

Sorry but my lex completely stomps my vandel now its in high 20's nearly maxed out.... seriously can have your extra rounds...just do double your damage per shot and still out damage you. Lex is by far more powerful shot for shot, mine are both around same level and i find lex is far far far more powerful...as for dual lex's i'd say...

no... why? idea behind lex was to be a massively powerful single pistol... if allow Dual lex's then they would simply be better by default... i think Lex should remain highest damage single weapon, a gun packs most punch for a side arm. Dual lex's is just not something i think would work...if wanna dual wield are many options... but lex i still feel has its place as powerful hand gun need two hands to wield IN FACT i'd like to see animations change so your frame holds it with both hands to show how powerful it is.