Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith... *sad Trumpet Noise*

Brimir

How so? In terms of sustained DPS Gwraith is slightly better, in terms of accuracy Grakata better.

Not really, once you factor in that Grakata can proc Viral and radiation/blast at a 75% rate for half hp + cc and outdamage Gorgon with only point strike, critical delay, and hammer shot.

Its lackluster to say the least. I was really hoping for at least 20~25% crit which would be offset by its 1.5x multiplier, and ~20% status proc so it can be put a par above the Grakata without being OP. And impact is easily the worst physical damage type to scale off of. I was hoping for higher slash since Heavies seem to love proccing it on us.

The hardcore stopped using the Soma a long time ago!

With the recent powercreep of Penta, Ogris, Stug, Phage, Latron, Bows, Marelok....I'm pretty sure Soma is not OP anymore. It fits in the top tier of weapons, which all could use a slight more 'challenge' to access, or difficulty of use IMO.

Whatever, my point stands.

Its sad that the Grakata outshines the Gwraith. The freaking Grakata.

the grakata beats the braton series, the flux rifle and plenty more, its not liek theres any form of actual weapon balance, esp when factoring in mastery, the GWraith is also like the brakk in that its MR0, it is exactly what it is tho, an upgraded gorgon, it does this perfectly well, many just moan because the gorgon was made obsolete by the soma which is identical to the gorgon mechanically only far superior, so the upgraded g.wraith is still nothing compared to the soma which is why a lot are probably crying.

for a free MR0, full auto rifle the g.wraith is fine tbh, not a thing wrong with it.

Many just moan because the gorgon was made obsolete by the soma which is identical to the gorgon mechanically only far superior, so the upgraded g.wraith is still nothing compared to the soma which is why a lot are probably crying.

Not even close. There are people who put multiple forma onto their Braton Prime and Burston Prime despite having the Soma. Why is that the case?

People want something different, more variety; It doesn't have to be OP. This on the other hand, is only 2 more damage and without polarity. It can be buffed a little more and it still won't be the level of the Soma, so why not? The only thing which has this going is the much improved reload speed, but that's about it. Which is rather disappointing for a Wraith weapon; especially when its a classic like the Gorgon.

Not even close. There are people who put multiple forma onto their Braton Prime and Burston Prime despite having the Soma. Why is that the case?

People want something different, more variety; It doesn't have to be OP. This on the other hand, is only 2 more damage and without polarity. It can be buffed a little more and it still won't be the level of the Soma, so why not? The only thing which has this going is the much improved reload speed, but that's about it. Which is rather disappointing for a Wraith weapon; especially when its a classic like the Gorgon.

the difference between gorgon and gorgon wraith is more than "just 2 dmg".

Gorgon wraith is more accurate, fires faster, has more status%, quicker reload, as you mentioned it has 2 more base dmg, its MR0 instead of the gorgons MR3.

the lack of any polaritys is no big deal just because it has none, doesnt magically make it rubbish, anything can be polarised.

i see it as a wpn similar to the other previous freebie giveaways that involved no effort to obtain, their just what their advertised to be, slightly better versions of their regular counterparts and useable by even completely new players on their first day.

as such, its perfectly fine, not a thing wrong with it, its no different an upgrade than many regular<>prime weapons.

the difference between gorgon and gorgon wraith is more than "just 2 dmg".

Gorgon wraith is more accurate, fires faster, has more status%, quicker reload, as you mentioned it has 2 more base dmg, its MR0 instead of the gorgons MR3.

the lack of any polaritys is no big deal just because it has none, doesnt magically make it rubbish, anything can be polarised.

i see it as a wpn similar to the other previous freebie giveaways that involved no effort to obtain, their just what their advertised to be, slightly better versions of their regular counterparts and useable by even completely new players on their first day.

as such, its perfectly fine, not a thing wrong with it, its no different an upgrade than many regular<>prime weapons.

my braton vandel has 4-5 forma in it

but that gun feels special alot more special then the wraith gorgon, it deviates from the normal. if the gorgon was actualy a diffrent idea about it like more accuretmore  damage slower firerate or something actualy diffrent maybe it would feel special but as it stands the gorgon wraith has stats the normal gorgon should have gotten along time ago to still be relevent to the game

another thing that is driving me crazy

I wish prims vandels and wraiths had a real running theme

Vandels slower accuret and more damage   (tenno skill based optimizations) corprus

Primes better all around in little incraments and 1 new polarity (the originals) tenno

Wraiths more crit chance crit damage status (random anger) grineer

Edited by MoyuTheMedic