Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The Stalker?

Neurohen

With the recent (well, not so recent) addition of the Grustrag Three and the Harvester, the Stalker has been left out of a little bit. We know who the Grustrag Three are, we know who the Harvester is, but who is the ellusive Stalker? I mean, I couldn't see anything about the Stalker in the lore (correct me if I'm wrong). One thing that is almost certain is that the Stalker is most probably a rogue Tenno. But if he is indeed a rogue Tenno, why does he attack other Tenno? Judging by the in-game messages, we can clearly see that the Stalker has been working with the enemy. But why? Why is he rogue? Does he attack other Tenno because they're affiliated with the Lotus? Or is it just that his greed for money is too big? I have a weird theory: could the Stalker be Hayden Tenno? I mean, judging by how mysterious the Lotus and the Stalker are, there is enough room for speculation. Since the Lotus is the one who wakes you up from your cryo sleep, you assume she's on the same side with the good guys. But what if the Stalker (or Hayden Tenno) knows something about the Lotus that we don't know. What if he's working for the enemy in order to get the credits required to build his gear? Or just to boycot the plans of the Lotus? I mean, let's face it, the Stalker has some pretty good gear, and personally, I don't think that credits are the reason he fights us. Could this explain why he is so hell-bent on doing justice? His in-game messages often mention things about how he will do justice by killing you. Does that mean the Lotus is hiding something. After all, she is very secretive. All she gives us is a briefing and guidance, only to get more Tenno to join the Lotus. What if all this is wrong? I think that the Stalker might play a big part in the story, other than just appearing randomly and killing you for reasons unknown. What do you think? Correct me if I'm wrong about one of the things that I wrote.

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

Yeah, I was thinking that Hayden Tenno could have had access to Cryo technology... But still, my forum post was rendered obsolete anyway. Still, I would not have found out that the Tenno have decimated the Orokin, I really need to do some more research. I would like to thank you guys for pointing these things out for me.

The Stalker is a Tenno that did not go into Cryosleep and was very loyal to the Orokin. When the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin, he went into a mad rage, and makes it his mission to hunt, and kill all Tenno who were involved (namely, us).

The Stalker is a low Guardian. Not a Tenno. He's got a grudge against Tenno for doing what they did, namely betraying the Orokin like you said.

Pretty much the Stalker was one of the many low Guardians that the Orokin had. They weren't included in the Tenno plan to kill the Orokin and could only watch it happen from afar, lest they go in close and get killed.

I am still curious as to why the Stalker mentions other important characters from the game. Things like "The blood of Kela de Thaym is on your hands (etc.)" It makes me wonder if there is more to it than just avenging the Orokin.

I am still curious as to why the Stalker mentions other important characters from the game. Things like "The blood of Kela de Thaym is on your hands (etc.)" It makes me wonder if there is more to it than just avenging the Orokin.

in the beginning he was supposed to be a hitman chasing you , under contract of the factions , for killing bosses, 

now lore is a mess beetwen old stuff and new things, thats why i say just avoid the story for now.

The Stalker is a low Guardian. Not a Tenno. He's got a grudge against Tenno for doing what they did, namely betraying the Orokin like you said.

Pretty much the Stalker was one of the many low Guardians that the Orokin had. They weren't included in the Tenno plan to kill the Orokin and could only watch it happen from afar, lest they go in close and get killed.

He is a Tenno. Why? Because he has Tenno powers. The Orokin did not have powers like the Tenno, and the Warframes were made around the Tenno to enhance their specific powers, not give them their powers, so then, he must be a Tenno.

The Tenno didn't necessarily all act in the front line. Some could easily have been guards.

He is a Tenno. Why? Because he has Tenno powers. The Orokin did not have powers like the Tenno, and the Warframes were made around the Tenno to enhance their specific powers, not give them their powers, so then, he must be a Tenno.

The Tenno didn't necessarily all act in the front line. Some could easily have been guards.

Point taken, I guess...

You do realize Hayden Tenno was alive... what, a millenia ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he should be dead.

Actually when hes a tenno ever died. I mean really. You get shot down you just return to the menu and go try again. Or just revive in the middle of battle and continue killing.

• 1 month later...

The stalker was actually ONE of the orokin.After his race got destroyed by the tenno, the stalker became corrupted and evil and started to "stalk" them and kill them one by one to avenge his kind. Since then he would not let anything die by the tenno's hands even evil things...

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I'm wrong but aren't the Tenno people sent to the void, and the warframes are to save them from there own power? so The stalker could not be a Tenno and just have gone into the void and had, maybe the grineer or corpus to make a warframe around him. I mean Alad V has got to have some spare parts...