The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Guys Know Other Good F2P Games?

Goosmo

I'm getting a little bit tired of doing the same thing in warframe. Do you know any free good games out there?

These are the games i have just so you don't mention them when replying

Planetside 2 

Blacklight retribution

Path of exile

Tf2

Not many, i know.

Edited by ArchTenno

TERA Rising/Tera Online, if you are into MMORPGs. If you aren't familiar with it, just be warned it is Korean, by which I mean it contains skimpy outfits and Asian art influence. (which isn't a problem, just a factor in whether you will like it or not.)

A few that I enjoy are, in no particular order:

Star Trek Online

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Loadout

Path of Exile

Team Fortress 2 (Best played with friends only, IMO.)

Blacklight Retribution (Can't believe I forgot this one!)

I've heard that GunZ 2 is pretty good also, but I have yet to play it myself.

Edited by RyojinOrion

I'm getting a little bit tired of doing the same thing in warframe. Do you know any free good games out there?

I love Hawken. First mech game I ever played. Great graphics. It's all PVP though so if you're not into PVP then... yea. But I like it a lot. Play it when I'm not playing this since you're right, it gets boring here.

Have to wait til the end of the year for Blade and Soul to finally be release in NA, after 6 years of waiting >_< 

I'm picky on games and have been searching last 2months for others games to play. Can't find any besides the two I play now.

Currently, there aren't many great free-to-play games. I mean, there never was. It's usually the kind of games that publishers take advantage of to suck every little bit of money they can. But there a few that stand out:

- Path of Exile (You know, the Diablo style co-op game. Pretty fun, but sort of repetitive over-time.)

- Any Valve (fan) game (Dota 2; Team Fortress 2; Some decent Source mods out there too.)

- Loadout (Fun fast-paced third-person shooter that stands up to its name.)

- The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot (Really fun concept, but there are a lot of factors that require currency.)

- Neverwinter (Great MMORPG with co-op elements. Stands out from most MMORP games.)

- No More Room In Hell (Amazing and somewhat realistic co-op zombie shooter.)

- TERA (Gorgeous MMORPG. Common concept but still lots of fun.)

Only because a game is popular, dosen't it mean it's that good. Look at cod ghosts for example.

Except if you actually LOOK at the list I mentioned you'll notice those games aren't poorly optimized, cash grab console ports but actually decent games.

You didn't even bother giving a detailed question so don't expect detailed answers.

I made something similar some days ago.

The ones that have decent quality are marked in bold:

Warframe (duh)

America's Army

Uberstrike

Arma 2 Free

Tribes Ascend

Battlefield Play For Free (and similars like BF Heroes)

Blacklight Retribution

Ghost Recon Online

Project Blackout

SKILL Special Force

Planetside 2

Quake Live (and similars like Warsow)

Warface

Crossfire

Soldier Front 2

Global Agenda: Free Agent

Blackshot

Brickforce

Combat Arms

Firefall

Operation 7

Renegade X

War Rock

Tactical Intervention

Wolf Team

Except if you actually LOOK at the list I mentioned you'll notice those games aren't poorly optimized, cash grab console ports but actually decent games.

not poorly optimized? Warframe is on that Steam list. :D

and they're only decent games if you like the genre and also the art style, gameplay, monetization methods, and community. none of which are a guarantee for a prospective player.

on topic - well..... honestly, there are few if any F2P games i enjoy. there's just few so few that aren't... meh.

- Blacklight: Retribution would be the only thing i can think of that i'd ever play.

- i once kind've sort've enjoyed Hawken. i don't really like Eastern Mechs that much to start with, and then the survivability of every mech was cut in half or so not too long ago. now it's way too Eastern for my taste. when i think of Mechs, i think of traditional Western Mechs. Hawken is a Western style Eastern Mechs. it's just totally not for me. 

which is a shame, i actually quite liked playing it. but the art and gameplay eventually started to grate against me.

- oh, there's Robocraft... which has a concept. it might be going places, it might not. i'm neutral about it for now, mostly just waiting to see how the Development goes.

there is also Dungeon Defenders II - but that isn't quite in a 'playable' public phase yet, so shouldn't be quite included on such a list. but i will say, it's much better polished than one might expect for a Pre-Alpha. and i've already had many fun times in it. 

but it's not public yet, so is not really a 'choice' currently.

oh, for things that aren't F2P but just free since that's totally different:

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod

Renegade-X

i realize you said F2P, but there's buckets of must-plays in the Retail market. don't exclude those unless you must. there's many that are worth your time and then some.

Edited by taiiat

HAWKEN is really cool, but it's more pay2win

That's a big &amp;#&#33; lie if I've seen one. Hawken is far from P2W. How long have you actually played?  Your starter mech with its starter weapon and item can wreck shop easily.

I can prove this to you if you dare want to run a one on one with any mech and weapons you want and me just with beginners stuff.

That game is skilled based. You're either good or you're not. 

Also, what about it is P2W in your mind?

Firefall is worth a good look for some very nice jetpack combat.  There are a few rough aspects of the game right now, as it's still under quite heavy development, but there's plenty to do for a new player and the graphics are quite pretty if you're into the style.