Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Brakk Parts Need To Be Tradeable.

Macros20

This game is already pay4power, its TradeFrame.

RNG is bullcrap, right. But stop proposing trade as a solution, its already made a joke out of primes. 

Why for a change not make something acquirable via actual gameplay eh?  

Make a lengthy campaign with a hard boss in the end that drops Brakk parts. Give it to people who beat every node in Solar System, why not awawrd the veterans and dedicated completionists? 

instead of forcing people to play this lottery where it can take from 10 to 200 missions.

With the recent chance nerf I feel for people who didnt get Brakk in the first few days. Last 4 times I beat G3 I got no parts at all! 

Edited by Monolake

That's capitalism for you. People will charge what people will pay. If nobody pays the price, it'll get lowered or the seller won't be able to sell. It fixes itself.

Of course, but either way anyone who is determined not to get it the normal way is going to end up paying a ton.

This game is already pay4power, its TradeFrame.

RNG is bullcrap, right. But stop proposing trade as a solution, its already made a joke out of primes. 

Why for a change not make something acquirable via actual gameplay eh?  

Make a lengthy campaign with a hard boss in the end that drops Brakk parts, instead of forcing people to play this lottery where it can take 200 missions.

With the recent chance nerf I feel for people who didnt get Brakk in the first few days. Last 4 times I beat G3 I got no parts at all! 

It is pay 4 convenience, I don't see how that's a problem.

It is obviously supposed to be the kind of thing you get by playing normally. The nerf was definitely (IMO) required.

Of course, but either way anyone who is determined not to get it the normal way is going to end up paying a ton.

Or people like me, who only need one more part and can never get it for the life of us. Don't know how much I'd pay for the barrel I need, but it'd be worth it to never have to see the G3 ever again.

Edited by Yezzik

It is pay 4 convenience, I don't see how that's a problem.

It is obviously supposed to be the kind of thing you get by playing normally. The nerf was definitely (IMO) required.

I see a problem where you can buy best weapons and maxed mods just by reaching rank2 (takes maybe 2-2,5 hours in 2 days, since you cant pass mastery test twice in the same day) - and there you have 'end game' gear, skipping 99% of the game .

And as you said yourself you cant 'play' for Brakk, cant farm it, you just play hoping for a chance and it only angers people when for all their effort they get nothing.

I see a problem where you can buy best weapons and maxed mods just by reaching rank2 (takes maybe 2-2,5 hours in 2 days, since you cant pass mastery test twice in the same day) - and there you have 'end game' gear, skipping 99% of the game .

And as you said yourself you cant 'play' for Brakk, cant farm it, you just play hoping for a chance and it only angers people when for all their effort they get nothing.

It's hardly skipping 99% of the game. They'll still have to find out what the best gear is, level and re-level it enough times to MAKE it the best, then acquire and level (currently) every other weapon and frame in the game so that when Focus hits, they'll have enough Mastery to get all the Focus perks or whatever it is we'll get.

If someone wants to blow money on making that happen, more power to them.

So you can trade for completed and ranked prime items/frames now too?

Every time I see someone complain about prime trading they seem to forget about the materials and xp needed to make what you trade for playable.

Mind you, if a person pays out 100 plat to DE for the cells to make the Burston Prime they traded for... well there's something else wrong with that picture.

I sympathize with those who want the Brakk, but seriously- I put in over 100 runs during the Gradvius Dilemma and nearly shot my wrists to hell doing it. I want to at least feel like the Brakk was a worthy prize instead of it suddenly being available to everybody.

I sympathize with those who want the Brakk, but seriously- I put in over 100 runs during the Gradvius Dilemma and nearly shot my wrists to hell doing it. I want to at least feel like the Brakk was a worthy prize instead of it suddenly being available to everybody.

I've put in at least 300 missions (probably much more) trying to bait the trio. I've seen them maybe 12 times. So how many more hundreds of missions do I need to play before it's equal to your 100? Does playing until my shoulder cramps up lower or raise that number?

A hundred runs for a guaranteed reward is nothing. You knew going in each run would be worth 1% of that weapon.

We on the other hand have to deal with RNG piled upon RNG piled upon RNG.

MAYBE they spawn, and MAYBE they drop a part, and MAYBE it's the right one, and MAYBE we don't have a host migration that causes us to lose everything.

I wouldn't mind if any dropped parts/blueprints are tradable.  Would at least be consistent. 

Even if they don't do that, currently, the spawn chance for the G3 is too low.  They're a bit nastier than your typical mob (or the Stalker and Harvester for that matter), so they aren't really in the "nice if they happen to show up" category.  You don't really want to be solo packing some crappy weapon your leveling for Mastery when they hit.

And, of course, we need a way to tell what marks we currently have.

So you can trade for completed and ranked prime items/frames now too?

Every time I see someone complain about prime trading they seem to forget about the materials and xp needed to make what you trade for playable.

Mind you, if a person pays out 100 plat to DE for the cells to make the Burston Prime they traded for... well there's something else wrong with that picture.

Yes you can buy mats too, it comes out cheaper than most market guns. If not, I did more precise calculation in another thread, like 3-4 min per Ruk run (there is always some one experienced to carry you), 20-25 runs to get 10 cells on average.  Ironically, the only problem now is getting thru the noob nightmare that Earth has become.

Old primes are traded for peanuts too, its not an achievement any more, not something only veterans could get, and its totally wrong that everything in this game can be bought, but gameplay is neglected and de-valued.

It's hardly skipping 99% of the game. They'll still have to find out what the best gear is, level and re-level it enough times to MAKE it the best, then acquire and level (currently) every other weapon and frame in the game so that when Focus hits, they'll have enough Mastery to get all the Focus perks or whatever it is we'll get.

If someone wants to blow money on making that happen, more power to them.

Latron Prime comes with 2 polarities and has among the best damage, you don't need to forma it. It should be at least mastery 6 locked, but its mastery 0.

Either way the problem is not trade alone,  its that instead of improving gameplay and fixing RNG  DE has turned it into pay4power tradeframe. 

Trade Chat will always be spammy. That's the way it is.

And even if the vets who got the Brakk in the Dilemma get angry, it would only be temporary. The aren't angry about the Boltor Prime being tradeable, so I don't see them hanging onto their anger for too long. Plus, as I said above, this game is co-operative, and we as a community should be able to help eachother out. If people don't like that, they shouldn't be playing the game.

Well not only will gravidus people be pissed, but also the people who ran 80 runs for the Gustrag 3. 

Let me tell you why I think this is a good idea:

- The Three are an absolute nightmare to farm. The fact that their appearance is based solely on RNG makes it frustrating to try and hunt them. Not only that, but it isn't even a guarantee that they will drop Brakk parts. Again, that's left to RNG. I'm sick of RNG in games and it just makes my (and other peoples) experience less rewarding and more frustrating.

- Some will say "The Brakk is too overpowered to have its parts tradeable". You know what else has all of its parts tradeable? Boltor Prime. And while its yet to be nerfed, its a powerhouse of a weapon that is just as, if not more, overpowered than the Brakk. But we don't see people complain about its availability, do we? Not only that, but weapons like the Soma are very much overpowered too, and you can literally buy their blueprints in the market and build them right away.

- I get it, a lot of people earned this weapon in the Gradivus Dilemma, and other from being fortunate enough to get all the parts against the Three. What about the other people? People that are either unlucky as hell or don't have enough time in a week to farm the blasted thing are losing out here, and the rest of the community, and even DE to an extent, are practically mocking them for missing that one event or not having enough time to play the game.

- Warframe is a co-operative game. If I'm correct, co-operative has something to do with helping eachother accomplish goals. Someone could be fortunate enough to have duplicates of a Brakk part and their friend is lacking it. Who's to say a friend can't help a friend out and give a Brakk part to them? I feel like people who have the Brakk are very stingy about making it even slightly more accessible, and it really detracts from what this game is supposed to be: a co-operative game. 

I know people are going to say how stupid and wrong I am for suggesting the Brakk parts become tradeable, but if someone in DE can give this idea a chance before they blow it off, that's all that really matters to me. As a fan of this game, I only wish the best for it, and I only suggest this idea because I feel it could help out the community in general.

Whoever reads this, thank you. 

not it doesnt need to be tradeable. the detron parts arent tradeable

neither are the non prime parts.

its fine where its at.

l

Yes you can buy mats too, it comes out cheaper than most market guns. If not, I did more precise calculation in another thread, like 3-4 min per Ruk run (there is always some one experienced to carry you), 20-25 runs to get 10 cells on average.  Ironically, the only problem now is getting thru the noob nightmare that Earth has become.

Old primes are traded for peanuts too, its not an achievement any more, not something only veterans could get, and its totally wrong that everything in this game can be bought, but gameplay is neglected and de-valued.

Wow, RNG really likes you. I only get a cell every 4-5 runs.

And again, we can trade ranked items now? If so I'm missing out on some opportunities.

You can throw all the money you want to at this game but there will always be a need to level something. If only to get enough points to mod it.

Well not only will gravidus people be &!$$ed, but also the people who ran 80 runs for the Gustrag 3. 

But does that really matter?  This game is theoretically in beta.  The goal should therefore be to improve the game.  If a change improves the game, that others had to walk up hill, both ways, through the snow should not matter.  Their testing of the game revealed something that DE decided should change.

Sometimes, a change works in your favor (and there's plenty of those), and sometimes it doesn't.

Besides, consider these two arguments:

1.  "I suffered, so you should have to as well."

2.  "The game needs some things that take more effort to obtain, so that people don't run out of goals as quickly."

One of those is the argument of a jerk.  The other of someone who has an opinion about what he believes makes for a good game.

Edited by Axterix13

Besides, consider these two arguments:

1.  "I suffered, so you should have to as well."

2.  "The game needs some things that take more effort to obtain, so that people don't run out of goals as quickly."

One of those is the argument of a jerk.  The other of someone who has an opinion about what he believes makes for a good game.

The problem with the second argument there is that because the whole thing is reliant on RNG, some people burn through the G3 content quickly and have done so even after the "fix." The rest of us are left constantly praying to RNGesus, and there's no systems in place to provide an upper limit on how long it'll take us to actually get what we're trying to get.

The problem with the second argument there is that because the whole thing is reliant on RNG, some people burn through the G3 content quickly and have done so even after the "fix." The rest of us are left constantly praying to RNGesus, and there's no systems in place to provide an upper limit on how long it'll take us to actually get what we're trying to get.

This. The notion of "work" or "effort" becomes meaningless with the current RNG system; some people'll get it in a minimal number of runs, some might not even see the bobsy-triplets ever drop a part after hundreds of missions.

I got mine in the event, and I'd fully support the Brakk being easier to obtain (e.g. the G3 having a guaranteed chance to drop a Brakk part, like the Harvester and Detron), even if I don't necessarily support the idea of being able to trade for the parts.

While yeah, running 100 missions for it did get old (I ran near twice that while helping our clan get its statue), the fact is those 100 runs got you a guaranteed weapon/blueprint, as well as the slot and potato if you supported the Grineer (which most of us did).

Edited by Taranis49

Wow, RNG really likes you. I only get a cell every 4-5 runs.

And again, we can trade ranked items now? If so I'm missing out on some opportunities.

You can throw all the money you want to at this game but there will always be a need to level something. If only to get enough points to mod it.

How long does it take to level up 0-30? 2 hours of playing defences/survivals? And how much time you used to have to invest in the game before, to get good gear? 100 hrs? Its about as bad as Blizzard selling jump to lvl 90 for 60$, except that game has 'end game' while WF has almost none to offer. Farming primes was a substitute for endgame. Instead of improving it, DE decided to make it irrelevant with trading.