Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One That Wants More Staff/stave Weapons?

BondedWound

I'm going to be straight, I freaking love the Bo as a melee weapon, used it for so long, I just loved bashing grineer heads in (although not doing much damage, but it's for the fun of it.) and knocking them to the ground in a (not so) bloody corpse. 

To the matter at hand, we need more sticks. And maybe clubs. I just feel like the whole "warrior of blade" thing is a little tired out. In all seriousness, I know the Tenno are supposed to be using blade (i.e. warriors of blade and gun), but I just love how fun the staff (Bo), is.

I may be the only one who actually wants a fun weapon and not (OMGCRITZSOMA.)

I mean who cares about damage when you're not having any fun? 

Yes. I used the Bo earlier on in the game and never let it go. I've upgraded to the Amphis now, and I'm kinda disappointed, but nevertheless yes, I would love more staff weapons.

Dont forget Amphis!

Ah, I totally forgot about Amphis! Nevertheless there should be more to balance the different types of melee weapons. Plus, with melee 2.0 coming out, it would be fitting to have more diversity in weapon choices. Some people genuinely don't like bladed weapons.

Edited by BondedWound

Fun is important a cool staff weapon would be a chainsaw on the ends of a pole!

SO MUCH BLOOD! 

Nice, but it needs to look sleek. Tenno gotta keep their style going, ya know?

Also, I don't know if that was a reference or not, but Dead Rising 2 FTW!

But it does get boring after whacking the same enemy for ten minutes, doesn't it? :P

No, not at all. Better than one-shotting everything ever.

I'm a simple guy. Don't care about crits or forma, just wanna have fun. Which is why if you ever play on and Earth mission with me I'll be looking for the water slide during the majority of the mission.

Fun is important a cool staff weapon would be a chainsaw on the ends of a pole!

SO MUCH BLOOD! 

Sounds like a Grineer weapon. Also Dead Rising 2, that guy from Gears of War 2, etc.

Now how about a khakkhara?

TAlXK9I.gif

Staff with rings on the end. Not really meant for combat but popular culture has turned it into a weapon. We don't have an Eastern Monk frame either...

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Buffing the staves to have a niche of their own...like...50% stat chance...or something. I would forgive low damage if it has its own thing.

Yes. Please, so much this. if all stave weapons were 50% stat chance, even if we don't get any more it would make the existing ones all the more appealing. Esspecially so since with mods that have been released we can give over +100% stat chance, so a 50% chance goes up past 100%

+1, the Bo was my favorite when I first started playing, followed by the Amphis, and now the Jat Kittag (which is technically a hammer but whatever, it's on a pole, close enough for me). I sure hope we get to see more done with staff weapons with Melee 2.0 on the horizon.

I don't really care for melee myself. I would trade it for a speed boost bodypart or something in an instant. Pretty much like what the Zoren is, I guess. Thank God at least that exists. Otherwise I wouldn't use any melee weapons at all! I didn't download this game for the melee combat. =P

Edited by Ratiasu

I don't really care for melee myself. I would trade it for a speed boost bodypart or something in an instant. Pretty much like what the Zoren is, I guess. Thank God at least that exists. Otherwise I wouldn't use any melee weapons at all! I didn't download this game for the melee combat. =P

Once Melee 2.0 runs out, you'll have a reason to use them. A much, much more fun reason to use them.