Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spud-Worthy Weapons

TonyFoot

Quick survey:

1.)what weapons do you think deserve an orokin catalyst and why? (pick up to 3)

2.)What weapons do you regret supercharging and why? (pick up to 3)

(the intent of the survey is to find hidden gems among the weapon pool, and to find weapons in need of buffing/overhauling, so please avoid prime weapons, and some of the more obvious cases like Soma and Brakk.)

All of the ones I can have fun...

I can only do 1 though I've never ever regret putting a potato in a weapon...

1. Galatine

2. Flux Rifle

3. Torid

I love the Torid, I play this weapon and I find it the most fun. I don't care if it might seem like a waste to some. I think it's a great weapon.

Edit: I can't stand boring weapons like the Soma. Right now I'm having so much fun with things like Dread, Torid, Flux Rifle, Glaive Prime and ma Kunai.

Edited by Sutherland

It's hard to answer the first question, but as for the second one, the weapons i regret potatoing the most would have to be:

- Twin vipers (the wraith version got realesed right after I potatoed them *facepalm*

- The akvastos... they just seem underwhelming The dual zoren

- The supra because its just awful.

Edited by IANOBW

I have a long list of guns I don't regret catalyziing. Phage. Synapse. Flux. Heck, the new LatPrime. I think the one I regret least is my Seer. Because Seer. 

Though I never thought much of the Torid for catalyzing. Hum. I need to go play with that a bit. I know it's toxic damage goes through shields and armor..

1) Burston Prime (one of the best weapons in the game), Ogris (insanely high ammo efficiency with decent damage)

2) Vasto (freaking akvastos), Gorgon (isn't all that great anymore, and now completely obsolete because of the wraith version), Scindo (tated it before I found out that melee was crap and long before the galatine showed up)

I have a long list of guns I don't regret catalyziing. Phage. Synapse. Flux. Heck, the new LatPrime. I think the one I regret least is my Seer. Because Seer. 

Though I never thought much of the Torid for catalyzing. Hum. I need to go play with that a bit. I know it's toxic damage goes through shields and armor..

It's a brilliant gun. Bonus for me is that you can colour the toxic cloud... I turned mine grapefruit coloured...

That said, you need to actually be able to aim the thing. I've had so much joy killing bosses with it however!

I don't regret really putting potato in any of my weapons because I just use it and figure out whether I like it or not.

It's a brilliant gun. Bonus for me is that you can colour the toxic cloud... I turned mine grapefruit coloured...

That said, you need to actually be able to aim the thing. I've had so much joy killing bosses with it however!

I don't regret really putting potato in any of my weapons because I just use it and figure out whether I like it or not.

Oh god. You said that you have to be able to aim it. I'd never be able to use it well. I'm the kind of player that kept on blowing himself up with the Penta. Repeatedly. Ad nasueam. To the point of utter comedy.

1 - Braton Vandal : My oldest gun from the closed beta. Not my main weapon anymore, but it still has a place in my heart.

- Twin Vipers : Boss-killers. Absolutely awesome machine pistols, and they've come far with me.

- Seer : I think it looks cool, works great, and it's a really unique gun.

2 - Supra : Eurgh. It looks awesome but it's a horrible weapon.

- Burston Prime : Everyone says it's an awesome gun, and I liked the Burston, but after potato'ing it I found out that I liked the Braton Prime more.

- Lecta. I used to think it was great, then I tried out other melee weapons.

Oh god. You said that you have to be able to aim it. I'd never be able to use it well. I'm the kind of player that kept on blowing himself up with the Penta. Repeatedly. Ad nasueam. To the point of utter comedy.

No worries, Torid doesn't hurt the user.

Quick survey:

(the intent of the survey is to find hidden gems among the weapon pool, and to find weapons in need of buffing/overhauling, so please avoid prime weapons, and some of the more obvious cases like Soma and Brakk.)

1. Dread, Despair. Those are the few weapons that were good around mid-year last year and are still good. Also, the Drakgoon. It's so much fun.

2. Gorgon. That's pretty much the only one, because I always test my weapons before potatoing them and can usually feel right away if it's worth it or not; the Gorgon's accuracy nerf changed the weapon's range so much it became a different weapon, one useless to my playstyle, and by then I had already potatoed it.

Also, you forgot a third section OP, "weapons I'll never potato":

3. Any weapon that can't consistently hit sh*t at 20+ meters. Burst weapons. The Miter.

It doesn't kill you if you aim it wrong, but if you want to use it effectively you need to aim it.

An example of it being used: http://youtu.be/QNH8mBkCJmM

(I know, shameless right? I had it on me why wouldn't I use it.)

Seeing a lot of responses that include prime entries. Please avoid these as they are obvious upgrades, and will no doubt be kept and potatoed/forma'd to Hek and back as soon as they are acquired (if someone worked that hard to get them [or paid good plat in the market] you can bet your bottom credit they'll keep and boost it). 

Miter - totally underrated. I love its puncture and proc chance. Makes me feel like I'm firing a bolt of fire through a group of Infested.

Lanka - this is actually my favorite Sniper, even though I have and tried both the Snipetron Vandal and the Vectis. Once again, the puncture makes skillshots insanely fun.

Glaive: love the ranged melee aspect. Also puncture is fun (once again).

Tysis: I call this my pocket Chaos. When modded out for Radiation, it will make every enemy you hit into a friend. When modded out for Gas, entire swarms of light infested fall to a single shot.

Castanas... What was I thinking? I don't like its rate of fire and finnicky self-damage. Also, the arc of each shot means that I can't use it for long range effectively.

1. Lanka (just give it a new skin DE, it looks too much like the Snipetron), Akstilleto (not an OP weapon that is fun to use), Fragor (Its a Huge Hammer, nuff said)

2. Miter (why.... WHY?!?!?), Tigris (facepalm.... HARD!), Kogake (I learned too late it only looked cool and nothing else)

Seeing a lot of responses that include prime entries. Please avoid these as they are obvious upgrades, and will no doubt be kept and potatoed/forma'd to Hek and back as soon as they are acquired (if someone worked that hard to get them [or paid good plat in the market] you can bet your bottom credit they'll keep and boost it). 

Some Primes are utter crap, though. (Bronco Prime, I'm looking RIGHT at you.) Braton Prime was kinda underwhelming too. So not all Primes are uber. Just like some Clantech's crap (Embolist, your turn), and some of it is downright stupidgood (SynapseHYPE).

What about the Dakra? It's technically a standalone weapon. And what if someone mentions the reaper prime?

Again, the point is to find HIDDEN gems in the weapon pool, not ones that are cut and polished from the get go. Dakra and Reaper are obvious winners (edit: from my experience), but I'd like to see something other than the stuff that shows up at the endgame all the time. 

That being said, If you REGRET potatoing/forma'ing a prime, go ahead and let the rest of us know. Could be that its in need of a little tweaking.

edit: Also, Dakra and Reaper are hard to get and valuable by virtue of being prime. This alone means that they are quite often potatoed and forma'd, leading them to be very powerful in most cases. This scenario is prevalent for most primes (except bronco, apparently), and so I'd like to avoid them in this survey. ANY weapon could potentially be completely lethal if given enough time and resources with the current system, but I'm looking for weapons that might skip the public eye by virtue of being ugly/difficult-to-use/seemingly-weak/etc.

Edited by TonyFoot

Quick survey:

Marelok, Supra, Dual Ichor...

what do I regret? NOTHING

Yes, I accidentally pressed LMB+RMB at the same time and blew up my face. It was pretty hilarious. For consolation I did take down a Boss unit in the process, but it was pretty funny.